• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

NPL watch

I thought it was March but not a clue really!

Kendal & Market Drayton are relegated. Prescott are level with Newcastle for the PPG place, but have played 2 games more.

And Hyde scored a last minute winner to come from 2-1 down & take all the points v Witton.
Albion are 9 points adrift of Gainsborough, with 2 games in hand.

I wonder how their egos will cope playing "the plastics" in the Dog and Duck Sunday League on Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

I wonder how their egos will cope playing "the plastics" in the Dog and Duck Sunday League on Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
So far there's not been a single comment on their forum about todays result.

Witton going down then to the Dog and Duck League. What a shame.

Witton have won 8 games out of 33 in the league. Even 5 wins out of their remaining 9 may not be enough to save them.

It will be Boxing Day and Easter Monday Tony.

But still a lot of football to be played yet…

It will be Boxing Day and Easter Monday Tony.

But still a lot of football to be played yet…
Witton’s remaining fixtures.

March:
Tue 22. STAFFORD RANGERS
Sat 26... BUXTON
Tue 29.. Atherton Collieries
April:
Sat 2....Bamber Bridge
Tue 5...MORPETH TOWN
Sat 9....Lancaster City
Sat 16..RADCLIFFE FC
Mon18.Warrington Town
Sat 23.BASFORD UNITED

A 90th minute winner for Workington tonight. Marine lost at home to Clitheroe, which dents their promotion chances.

Above us Nantwich won & Witton lost.

Micklover & Gainsborough also won.
Stalybridge 3rd bottom now.

A 90th minute winner for Workington tonight. Marine lost at home to Clitheroe, which dents their promotion chances.

Above us Nantwich won & Witton lost.
Another defeat for Witton, but a close game. Unfortunately teams around them winning isn’t helping their cause.

I would expect only the eternally optimistic Witton fan think that they will stay up now. 10 points adrift with one game in hand or 11 points with 2 games in hand.

Just to update the current standings:

Prescot .906
Seven Oaks. .870
Sutton Common .857
Kempston. .838
Lincoln .793
Hullbridge. .766
Magotsfield. .740
Histon. .548

‘74 are currently 1.1
As of this morning:

Prescot .969
Seven Oaks .937
Cinderford .862
Sheffield .85
Hullbridge .835
Tooting .833
Kempston .81
Histon .56

Both Prescot or any other NPL West club who interchanges with them, along with Seven Oaks, look to be the likely candidates to avoid the Step 4/Step 5 play-off lottery.

Assuming the draw pairings have some vague geographical fairness, the NWCFL runner up (be that Skem, Wythy or Charnock) then perhaps would be looking at playing Sheffield, Kempston or Histon* in their play-off game.

* not inconceivable that Histon, who are on a poor run of form might be overtaken by local clubs Soham or Wisbech.

from the NPL facebook group

Went as neutral to witton v Stafford a game so bad it could make you hate football.
Can't see anyway back for witton now looked like a team knowing their fate

And at the top in our league...

9th April Workington v Rylands
16th April Marine v Workington

Current PPG standings at Step 4:

Prescot .960
East Grinstead .969
Witham .878
Cinderford .833
Bridlington .833
Tooting .666
Histon .636

Prescot still looking like they’ll comfortably achieve that reprieve.

The top 5 looks pretty certain now. Just a case of who the champions will be. Marine seem to be blowing their chances.

Back