• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Next season. Time for a change?

If we fail to gain promotion, is it time for a change at the top?

• Yes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
if Ian left today why would played leave the play for the club not Ian street and I would say wayne in temporary charge. Advertise the job. think lots of managers would apply.then its upto the board to pick the right one

It wouldn't be the first time I have been made to look silly but I am still happy with the situation at the moment and have every faith in Ian Street as our Manager.

I may be accused of orchestrating petty arguments but it is so easy.

Please show an example where this has been done? Your talking absolute sh1t
You're nothing but a hypocrite, you want people to respect your opinion yet you don't respect theirs, just resort to insults.

Tony Fallows is an expert at orchestrating petty arguments - he has a history!

Dr of Spin - The next Alistair Campbell.

I'm still waiting to be presented with evidence about slagging off board members.

I do not appreciate false accusations. Friendly club? Beginning to think not!

why faith him his football is like watching paint dry he said a few years ago we just missing the gravy we now we missing the veg meat potatoes stuffing yorkshires

You're nothing but a hypocrite, you want people to respect your opinion yet you don't respect theirs, just resort to insults.

Tony,

He was attacking Andy, that isn't an opinion - it's just out of order.

Why don't you actually read what that was put in response to?

Here's a point...

There are a core 200 fans, that will continue to watch the team and support the club, no matter who is in charge, because they love the club. This is fantastic, we all agree. I personally don't want Ian in charge, but I won't stop going to matches.

However, we have to sit up and take notice, that around 50-100 people are not coming to watch matches this season. A considerable factor of this is due to dull football- people who aren't owners will come to be entertained, and this simply isn't happening. We can't blame the pitch this season, that has been improved, there is regular football.

Believe what you want, but This is fact, because I have spoken to people with this opinion. They often can't be bothered going, it's not exciting to go and watch 1874.

If Ian leaves, and we play an exciting brand of football, or win slightly more convincingly with more than 1 shot on target per game, and 1-0s every week, then our attendances and club will continue to grow.

His time has come to an end, it's time for change, to freshen up our club and start planning for a serious title challenge next season, not one that ends in February.

Tony,

He was attacking Andy, that isn't an opinion - it's just out of order.

Why don't you actually read what that was put in response to?

We are all individuals, Andy is a big boy doesn't need back up.
Not only that comment but others, I stand by my comment, you're a hypocrite.

In post 99 Andy complained that the club is stagnating and requires a new start such as new management, new badge, new kit and a fresh start and if that isn't a criticism of the existing Board I dont know what is.

I suggested that you stand for election to put things right and you all declined due to personal reasons and in my opinion you all have no right to attack others if you are not prepared to commit yourself to improving things.

It is easy to criticize others whilst utilizing the anonymity of the computer keyboard.

I am at university, I have a part time job, I'm training to be a teacher. I cannot commit to time where I'm on the board. If you come up with a way of time travel, then I shall do by all means, it's something I'd love to do.

I am not 'attacking' anyone either so please take back that comment. That is factually incorrect.

I put ideas forward to the board, I attend meetings, I attend matches, I've ran the radio service last season with Joe, I am committed to the club, and reject every notion that I'm not.

Here's a point...

There are a core 200 fans, that will continue to watch the team and support the club, no matter who is in charge, because they love the club. This is fantastic, we all agree. I personally don't want Ian in charge, but I won't stop going to matches.

However, we have to sit up and take notice, that around 50-100 people are not coming to watch matches this season. A considerable factor of this is due to dull football- people who aren't owners will come to be entertained, and this simply isn't happening. We can't blame the pitch this season, that has been improved, there is regular football.

Believe what you want, but This is fact, because I have spoken to people with this opinion. They often can't be bothered going, it's not exciting to go and watch 1874.

If Ian leaves, and we play an exciting brand of football, or win slightly more convincingly with more than 1 shot on target per game, and 1-0s every week, then our attendances and club will continue to grow.

His time has come to an end, it's time for change, to freshen up our club and start planning for a serious title challenge next season, not one that ends in February.
We're 4 years old, one league below WAFC and JRFC and currently top 5 in league, God knows what the reaction would be if we were sitting mid to lower table. If we were I would probably be agreeing to comments about the manager.

Some people need to get rid of that Vics mentality.

We are all individuals, Andy is a big boy doesn't need back up.
Not only that comment but others, I stand by my comment, you're a hypocrite.

I'll take your approach going forwards then - if people disagree, I'll tell them to support a different football team!

We're 4 years old, one league below WAFC and JRFC and currently top 5 in league, God knows what the reaction would be if we were sitting mid to lower table. If we were I would probably be agreeing to comments about the manager.

And if they don't like that, maybe we should go and follow a different club? That's right Tony isn't it?

We are also dropping in attendances, and if this continues further, our club will not be sustainable. That's the harsh reality. It's up to each individual how they view the situation, turning a blind eye and refusing to say a bad word, or a constructively criticising word towards our club will end us in hot water.

In post 99 Andy complained that the club is stagnating and requires a new start such as new management, new badge, new kit and a fresh start and if that isn't a criticism of the existing Board I dont know what is.

I suggested that you stand for election to put things right and you all declined due to personal reasons and in my opinion you all have no right to attack others if you are not prepared to commit yourself to improving things.

It is easy to criticize others whilst utilizing the anonymity of the computer keyboard.

How is that a criticism of the board? A new badge that is appearing on programs - fact. How is that a criticsm? I like the badge.

The club has stagnated on the pitch - thats a fact. That's no criticism of the board, but of the manager.

Please, stop spinning things and making false accusations and treat people that you disagree with with a bit of respect.

Here's one thing I have suggested several times- the club need to get to understand their fan base. A demographic needs to be done to understand:

-age of fanbase
-travelling distance of fans
-whether they had previous association to Vics or not
-how they heard about the club
-are they an owner

Etc, to understand where to progress as a club.

Has this been done at matches? No.

Back