• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Next season. Time for a change?

If we fail to gain promotion, is it time for a change at the top?

• Yes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
Helping to run your club is not an "extra" it is an integral part of who we are.

Criticizing those who are helping to support the club whilst not providing viable alternatives in my opinion means that you have no credibility.

You never know, changing manager could result in higher attendances, therefore making us more sustainable than we currently are...

What happens if that manager doesn't achieve half of what Ian has? What happens if we start finishing mid to bottom half of the table?

They'll be another poll for the managers head.

What happens if that manager doesn't achieve half of what Ian has? What happens if we start finishing mid to bottom half of the table?

They'll be another poll for the managers head.

What if you thought like this when you set the wheels in motion for a vote we all know about?

Then I suggest that you spend your precious time concentrating on studying.

I cannot counter your argument as all you are saying is we should replace Ian Street as our Manager whilst I think you are wrong.

I also did a degree but whilst holding down a full time job and travelling the world for thirty years.

Incidentally it is their rather than there.

Helping to run your club is not an "extra" it is an integral part of who we are.

Criticizing those who are helping to support the club whilst not providing viable alternatives in my opinion means that you have no credibility.

Please show an example where this has been done? Your talking absolute sh1t

Ex-drummer (sorry, multiple posts have appeared in the meantime!) - Again, conflating two (or three) things - nobody (even JL here) is saying that any fan is not allowed to have a say. Again, that is what this place is for.
To repeat, nobody is saying fans who are owners are more entitled to have a say either.
But having a say is precisely that - voicing an opinion, in the hope that in so doing you can influence the decision-makers who have been elected to bear the burden of responsibility for running the football club. We delegate executive powers to a Board, and it would be impossible to run any organisation if every decision, even pretty major ones, went out to a vote of all the members (owners), because those votes have to conform to strict legal guidelines. We'd never be able to react to events.

In the end, we are fortunate in being part of a club where there is an opportunity to voice an opinion, an opportunity to call for a member vote (otherwise we wouldn't even exist now), an opportunity for members to vote on key issues, an opportunity to volunteer time and effort in line with our own other commitments, an opportunity to stand for election to the Board, an opportunity to hold the Board to account, an opportunity to view all the financial paperwork for the club, an opportunity to elect others to the Board who we feel would do a good job, and so on. Not many clubs have even one or two of those opportunities - most of the time you are restricted to shouting opinions from the terraces or at most posting comments on a forum somewhere.

There seems to be this constant theme of people saying that their opinions don't matter as much as others who are owners, well that's ridiculous because everyone can say whatever they want when they want, what they don't have is the legal right to ACTUALLY VOTE unless they become owners, I don't know why that is so hard to grasp

There seems to be this constant theme of people saying that their opinions don't matter as much as others who are owners, well that's ridiculous because everyone can say whatever they want when they want, what they don't have is the legal right to ACTUALLY VOTE unless they become owners, I don't know why that is so hard to grasp

I believe the word 'mentality' has been used to explain why people feel like that.

No one has mentioned not understanding the process, it's the mentality of certain members.

I don't know why that is so hard to grasp

Hi Jean.

I understand that you wish to replace Ian Street as Manager and that is your opinion.

If Ian left today and in an ideal world bearing in mind a considerable number of players and training staff would leave with him who would you replace them with?

and it is "You are" or You're talking ...etc, etc

Hi Jean.

I understand that you wish to replace Ian Street as Manager and that is your opinion.

If Ian left today and in an ideal world bearing in mind a considerable number of players and training staff would leave with him who would you replace them with?

and it is "You are" or You're talking ...etc, etc

It should also be a comma after 'Hi Jean'.

In general, it's a very poorly constructed post and is lacking grammatical correctness.

Then I suggest that you spend your precious time concentrating on studying.

I cannot counter your argument as all you are saying is we should replace Ian Street as our Manager whilst I think you are wrong.

I also did a degree but whilst holding down a full time job and travelling the world for thirty years.

Incidentally it is their rather than there.

So, you cast the accusation that I have criticised board members, then when asked to be pointed where I have done this, this is your response?

If you're going to make such accusations atleast back it up with evidence...

The poll is going well isn't it, nearly a 50-50 split, guess that means he should get sacked then?
What is this statement supposed to mean?
The poll was started to gauge how people on the forum feel. It cant go well or not well as it's not a vote that counts for anything.
And why would 50/50 in a poll that means nothing mean he should get the sack.
Rather silly post to me!!

This is absolutely ridiculous.

With this attitude about 'doing extra', and this is addressed to anyone who has suggested this, how on earth do you expect to gain more fans? So you expect everyone to do their bit for the club right?

Well what about trying to encourage floating fans to join and watch us, support us as a second team? Because what you're basically saying to them, is that their opinion won't be as valid, or they are less of a fan than you, less important. This goes back to the fact that many are happy to spout rubbish on here about wanting the club to grow, yet still like to see certain elements as their private section.

Grow up.

People have stated their sensible and logical reasons for wanting the manager gone. Suggesting that if they aren't a member/owner their opinion is worthless is disgusting.

And before anyone puts anything back to me, if I had time I would stand for the board and become an owner, because the younger fans voices need to be heard. Unfortunately, university studies prevent this.

Hi Jean.

I stand corrected and I will take one hundred lines, however in going back to the original question who would you replace Ian Street and his team with if he left?

Going back to my question John Lilburne, sorry Mr John Lilburne, please provide me with evidence that I have criticised any board member?

Why are we arguing amongst ourselves? Its stupid. We all want the same thing, 1874 to be successful, give it a rest

Good for you.

I prefer to stick with Ian Street and his management team for the moment and I am happy with the situation.

This is really fun.
Haven't watched an argument so riveting since primary school playground fights.

Back