• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Next season. Time for a change?

If we fail to gain promotion, is it time for a change at the top?

• Yes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
Here's one thing I have suggested several times- the club need to get to understand their fan base. A demographic needs to be done to understand:

-age of fanbase
-travelling distance of fans
-whether they had previous association to Vics or not
-how they heard about the club
-are they an owner

Etc, to understand where to progress as a club.

Has this been done at matches? No.

I do wonder how people think we can attract a 'younger demographic' - when the old guard attack anyone younger for daring to voice an opinion / idea.

Something I really think we need to bring into our club and board, is more sub committees.

So we have the attendance group, a great idea and there is a board member linked to this.

Why not have a younger fans committee, where they can discuss their ideas and then any one of them feed back to the board, without having the commitment of being on the board with pressure of jobs/education?

The board are very approachable, don't get me wrong, but a more formal and structured way of feeding back the younger fans opinions would only be positive surely?

Here's one thing I have suggested several times- the club need to get to understand their fan base. A demographic needs to be done to understand:

-age of fanbase
-are they an owner

I agree 100%

An online fan survey, asking all you've said and more.

Hi Jean please read my last post on the Social committee thread,where I am asking for the younger input and have been for some time.I think your last post is unfair.
Callum I agree with your last post that's why we are asking for volunteer's to help with the progress of the club,maybe one of you could do the survey at one of the next home games?

-age of fanbase
-are they an owner

Yes. A survey conducted by a market research professional with questionnaires and personal contact was done some time ago. It had a good response and the results were distributed.

Hi Jean please read my last post on the Social committee thread,where I am asking for the younger input and have been for some time.I think your last post is unfair.
Callum I agree with your last post that's why we are asking for volunteer's to help with the progress of the club,maybe one of you could do the survey at one of the next home games?

I personally feel that it should be an online survey, that way people who don't attend games frequently, if it all anymore can put their input in, giving us a chance to understand what's keeping them away.

Yes. A survey conducted by a market research professional with questionnaires and personal contact was done some time ago. It had a good response and the results were distributed.

If this is true, then this greatly concerns me. This would have shown the lack of youth, and no massive action has been taken.

If this was several years ago, then this needs to be repeated.

Toddy, I would be more than willing to help out, should the board come up with exactly what they would like to find out. That isn't for me to decide, but if this was decided on, I would most certainly help conduct the survey.

I did suggest a younger Sub-Committee not long ago,but got no response,is there anyone on here prepared to sit on it?.

If this is true, then this greatly concerns me. This would have shown the lack of youth, and no massive action has been taken.

If this was several years ago, then this needs to be repeated.

Toddy, I would be more than willing to help out, should the board come up with exactly what they would like to find out. That isn't for me to decide, but if this was decided on, I would most certainly help conduct the survey.

Count me in too.

I would sit on a younger sub committee to the overall board, which feeds back to the board the general consensus of the opinions of our younger demographic, yes.

The social committee is a fantastic way of fundraising for our club Toddy, and with time, hopefully there will be a time for events for younger fans-but first, we need to get these people watching our matches. The greater the number of younger fans, the easier it will be to create social events for them :)

That's great Callum,I can't speak for the board but I'm sure they will be only to pleased to draft something.

I personally feel that it should be an online survey, that way people who don't attend games frequently, if it all anymore can put their input in, giving us a chance to understand what's keeping them away.

Could even do both as not everybody can access a computer, any feedback we can get back would be really helpful

No time like the present,lets get the ball rolling,if you can't make tomorrow's meeting,I'm prepared to meet any of you interested in forming a sub-committee with any help I can give just say where and when.

I'll take your approach going forwards then - if people disagree, I'll tell them to support a different football team!
Take that comment from yourself not from me, then again I've always thought you had a hidden agenda, an anterior motive, to disrupt 1874, are you a JRFC fan incognito?

That's my opinion of your motive, mine only and I stand by it, my opinion of you personally is a lot lower.

Take that comment from yourself not from me, then again I've always thought you had a hidden agenda, an anterior motive, to disrupt 1874, are you a JRFC fan incognito?

That's my opinion of your motive, mine only and I stand by it, my opinion of you personally is a lot lower.

Well it's a good job your no longer a member then isn't it!

Back