• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Next season. Time for a change?

If we fail to gain promotion, is it time for a change at the top?

• Yes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
OK fair enough, then use your right to stand for election at the next AGM and change things, but in the meantime I am sure that the Stadium Gang, Toddy, and the existing Board would be delighted with any help that you would care to give to move the Club in a new direction.

Last edited:
People need to decide if they want a sustainable football club that will be around for years to come, or do they just want a team that is built using money that we don't have to fly through the leagues and achieve short term success and then go broke? Think about it

OK fair enough, then use your right to stand for election at the next AGM and change things, but in the meantime I am sure that the Stadium Gang, Toddy, and the existing Board would be delighted with any help that you would care to give to move the Club in a new direction.

Bit of a playground response "ooooh why don't you do it then"

However, I'm at the point in my career where I don't have the free time to dedicate to do the job to the extent i feel it should be. And I'm not in to doing things half arsed.

Back on topic, this is our 3rd season in the Premier division and we are yet to mount a real title challenge. Yet again it's fizzled out come February. We need a real title finish push to create a buzz around the team, create a buzz around the town - get people talking about it.

We can sit and wait for a league restructure and be promoted yet again by default, however, if you ask me, the club would be in a better position if we had stayed down the first year and won promotion, in the same way we need to win promotion from this league. Promotion by default doesn't create excitement like winning it does.

People need to decide if they want a sustainable football club that will be around for years to come, or do they just want a team that is built using money that we don't have to fly through the leagues and achieve short term success and then go broke? Think about it

no one saying let's throw money at it.People are just getting fed up with boring. negative football what on offer under Ian

Bit of a playground response "ooooh why don't you do it then"

We can sit and wait for a league restructure and be promoted yet again by default, however, if you ask me, the club would be in a better position if we had stayed down the first year and won promotion, in the same way we need to win promotion from this league. Promotion by default doesn't create excitement like winning it does.

Fair comment, but that is where we find ourselves now. The top clubs in our league will be aware of a possible "limbo" situation next season. They will probably think "Do we go all out and spend a fortune on a championship winning squad, only to find ourselves in the same league as the team that finished 5th?". Hopefully, we will find out sooner rather than later how it is all going to pan out. Will the top 6 "get promoted"? Top 4? Top half?. I believe the FA have already rubber stamped it - just waiting on each of the leagues to pass it. I`m hoping during this Summer we will know (If we miss out on winning the league), where we need to finish.

Where's this rhetoric come from that we want to live beyond our means?

We're calling for a new manager that is willing to entertain, willing to take risks, a manager that can mount a real title challenge.

The "we want to be sustainable" has nothing to do with a change of management.

And, let's be a bit more ambitious that "let's hold out for a default reshuffle"

That doesn't create a buzz round the town like lifting a trophy does.

Excepting the promotion from the division 1 was the right decision as we had the financial power to be able to afford it, yes I would have rather won the league or got promotion by finishing 2nd but that's life, if this league does get a second promotion spot (either by a play offs system or the 2nd placed team going straight up) then I wouldn't call it a promotion by default as whoever finishes second would have as much right to go up as the league winners do

Where's this rhetoric come from that we want to live beyond our means?

We're calling for a new manager that is willing to entertain, willing to take risks, a manager that can mount a real title challenge.

The "we want to be sustainable" has nothing to do with a change of management.
You never know, changing manager could result in higher attendances, therefore making us more sustainable than we currently are...

Correct Jack, you don't know until you try it.

We could just not take the risk, and stick with what we've got. But really, we don't seem to be going anywhere.

So, what's to lose?

There's certainly a lot to be gained.

Reignite that spark we all hade a few seasons back.

I understand both sides of the argument, do think we should all focus on Saturday now...anyone fancy our first win vs Linnets?

And, let's be a bit more ambitious that "let's hold out for a default reshuffle"

That doesn't create a buzz round the town like lifting a trophy does.

We may not have a choice in the matter as we probably wont win the league this season and when we kick off next season, the "default reshuffle" could be forced upon everyone!

You never know, changing manager could result in higher attendances, therefore making us more sustainable than we currently are...

Why would it? If people are staying away just because of our manager then that must mean that they have a personal problem with him and if so what's he done wrong to offend those people personally?, yes he made some comments out of frustration in an interview but when he's getting constantly bashed for everything then I cant blame him

By the way I do also have my own doubts about Ian being able to take us to that next level but I also think that some of the things being used against him aren't really that fair and we should all get behind the players and manager until a change is or isn't made.

Last edited:
And how the hell would going up via a second promotion place be by default? Any team in the country that goes up via a second promotion spot will have earned it just like the league winners would have earned it

Why would it? If people are staying away just because of our manager then that must mean that they have a personal problem with him and if so what's he done wrong to offend those people personally?, yes he made some comments out of frustration in an interview but when he's getting constantly bashed for everything then I cant blame him

By the way I do also have my own doubts about Ian being able to take us to that next level but I also think that some of the things being used against him aren't really that fair and we should all get behind the players and manager until a change is or isn't made.

That's right josh, you've understood it all perfectly

The poll is going well isn't it, nearly a 50-50 split, guess that means he should get sacked then?

See earlier comments on interpreting the results of a forum poll. ;)

"Bit of a playground response" I dont think so, it is the crux of the whole matter.

Many of our supporters including Board Members have busy professional and family lives and yet they manage to run our Club to the best of their ability giving their free time, professional skills, and expertise for the greater good.

I suspect that it is much easier for those who do not do anything to help the club in a positive way to just sit on the sidelines and criticize those who are prepared to go that "extra mile"

so if we don't do anything extra we not allowed to have a say or how we feel what's the point of being a owner or supporter.then

John Lilburne/ Tony Fallows or whatever name you prefer to be known as.

What on earth are you on about? Please point out where I or anyone has criticised a board member on this thread or forum? Don't try an spin this in to something it's not. Then again you have a track record of trying to spin things into something that they aren't - such as accusing me of being disrespectful for using surenames rather than "Mr X".

Tackle someone's point with a counter argument - not spin!

Unfortunately for you, you don't know my personal circumstances. I for the next few years will be spending the majority of my time after work in the evenings and weekends, working towards a degree, although I suppose I could just tell me employer to shove the opportunity they've presented me :rolleyes:

Whenever someone makes a point you don't necessarily agree with, try listening to it, rather than using the old "join the board then" line. Because you just don't know there personal circumstances.

If it makes you feel any better, I will put my name forward one day, but right now, I don't have the time to give it the time the role deserves.

Back