• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Morpeth game off

Runcorn have now got a 1.30pm pitch inspection for their game at Marske tonight

I am told that there will be no Coach available for tomorow's game, anyone got a spare car seat available for a"DEDICATED" 74 er ,obviously a re-numeration is to hand !! Phone 47324 ??>

BBC state no rain at all for today and tomorrow, hopefully !!.

Well if we are depleted in terms of playing numbers ( no idea if that's the case) and provided we didn't occur any further unnecessary expenditure, that forecast isn't necessarily what we'd ideally hope for Frank.

If Linnets game at Marske is called off today, do they get to play hosts now or have Marske got another chance to get a pitch prepared, anyone any idea?

Rule 11 c iii (somewhere higher in thread) says that if there is a second postponement the FA decides what to do. Very clear, that!

Rule 11 c iii (somewhere higher in thread) says that if there is a second postponement the FA decides what to do. Very clear, that!

Previously the FA have made clear it's 3 postponements then the fixture is reversed (see Shaw Lane vs Shildon last year).

Obviously even if Linnets game is postponed or deemed playable this evening that's not necessarily any indicator of whether Morpeth are good to go (or not) tomorrow. But should the team have already started their journey can the club recoup any money for costs incurred (realise Saturday was slightly different circumstances) or do we just have to accept that this is part and parcel of taking part in a national competition?

It was a nonsense for the potential replay to be scheduled for a Tuesday night, however on the basis that it was expected that Morpeth should travel to Cheshire on a Tuesday, you can hardly blame their committee for expecting the same in return. Maybe it's time FA Vase games were all decided at the first time of asking, and all postponed games re-arranged for the following weekend.

Well that would appear to be that then - what a bloody shambles by the FA and thanks for nothing Morpeth - I would have been prepared to say play the game to a conclusion this Saturday, but to me this must highlight a glaring problem with the structure of this tournament.

Sad end to our Vase journey this season. On the plus side, the Morpeth committee won't have too far to travel for the next round, bless 'em. Obviously these Northern League sides need to progress in the Vase at any cost. They already had home advantage and judging by their league position this season, a more than strong enough squad. Ho hum!!

Well that is dissappointing to hear we have conceded but understandable in the circumstances, Don' know how many players we could have raised but as usual full faith in our hard working board.
Very disappointed in Morpeth for not considering saturday, As said above thanks for nothing.

What joke Morpeth I know the would have to come down to us if game was on Saturday and ended in a draw but the would of know that from the moment the draw was made and properly had plan for that and how on earth do the expect us the get players up there in so little time me thinks the running scared and dont want to play us

We were intending to travel to the game but given that we would appear to be able to field only half our normal side it makes sense to spare fans the cost / inconvenience to watch what probably wouldn't have been a contest.

The FA are making a mockery of their own copetition.

Gutted, a brave decision that had to be done, I shall say no more...

However, We now need to turn our attention to a big game vs Ashton Athletic at the Barton Stadium this coming Saturday! Please spread the word and lets get a good crowd down to support our lads, at least they will be rested ;-) haha!

Up the 74!

Firstly thanks for all the effort from the board to get it moved.
Secondly, disgusting tactics by Morpeth, if that's the level some clubs have to stoop to to be sure of progression its low....very low. I hope the reverse situation arises in the next round and the host club show the same disrespect and selfishness to Morpeth as they have shown to us!!
Thirdly, the f.a. Are pathetic!! Common sense has never been their strong point, stuff shirts with little man syndrome!!
And finally...good luck to the boys, let's get on with the season, put a trophy in the cabinet (mid ches?), and give us many more happy days than this sad one!

So there we have it despite the effort of our Commitee, not such a sporting gesture by Morpeth, obviously any win is a win for them. So looking forward to the game as I will not be on the "Danebank" for the Ashton, need to be in then "SMOKE" over the weekend. First game missed re 74 as far as I can recall, so annoying !!.

Back