• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Morpeth game off

They must have had some very localised weather 20 miles south of where I am then.

I can't believe that it has been called off this early with the team up there. Surely it should have been left to the match ref to decide?

Conspiracy theorists amongst us may suggest some skullduggery here as now we'll have to go up midweek probably with a scratch side

Talking to the landlady there was snow around at midnight and I heard a storm half two ish.

if we have to go up there midweek we'll be struggling

This highlights two things - the FA rules are not of the real world for this competition with these distances, but that also applies to the "regionalisation" of the draw in the first place. Do they not realise that players at the FA Vase level have real jobs and real commitments outside football (let alone the fans, officials, etc), and that their approach does nothing to maintain the true integrity of the competition?

if we have to go up there midweek we'll be struggling

Sadly it looks like that's going to be the case, apparently we're going to try and get it moved to next Saturday, but it doesn't look good.

Well I was already to go today, can't make Tuesday or next Saturday. GGGggrrrr!!

Sadly it looks like that's going to be the case, apparently we're going to try and get it moved to next Saturday, but it doesn't look good.
There has been precedent set several times in the base where postponed games have been re-arranged for the following weekend. So we clearly need to press for this

Gutted the coach was full would been a great turn out aswell just glad we didn't get any further than the Thelwall viaduct.

I say we go on strike and refuse to go on Tuesday, we would probably get booted out but it would be standing up to the FA's stupid rules

Gutted the game is off today as it looked as if we were going to take a good following (bus was near enough full). Hope this game can be re-arranged for next Saturday but not holding my breath with the FA!

Back