• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

linnets away

What I don't understand how Mike White keeps getting away with it,he goes charging in pushing players about starting trouble and does not even get spoken too,he did it at Formby and got away with it are the referee's scared of him?.

Yep nothing at all - if we miss the chances we created & keep giving refs ammunition to get it right - or wrong, in my book that constitutes nil points

Agree with u toddy but we have no influence on that. The amount of bad language players & managers give officials is awful - yes they get decisions wrong (badly sometimes) & mikey White does intimidate them. Maybe the bad discipline is something the league should look at. Respect campaign is a joke when u hear players ( including ours) swearing at shouting at officials, can't believe that they don't stamp down on it -

Bit strong Mark we were very unlucky with the ref today seeing as there player did a lunge on Wardy dont you think?

Yep nothing at all - if we miss the chances we created & keep giving refs ammunition to get it right - or wrong, in my book that constitutes nil points

So make it a non-contact game then?

1. ANYBODY who even for a second says that we didn't deserve anything from that game has completely lost their mind
2. The fact that Linnets got anything from that game is a miracle
3. Actually thought that it was a penalty so no complaints about that (although they hardly created anything before that so didn't deserve to equalize)
4. If the ref was going to send wardy off then there number 7 should have gone as well
5. Actually thought that for 80+ minutes the ref and linesman were by a million miles the best officials we've had all season until they made a horrible decision at the end which was a real shame

nowt wrong with contact as long as it is within the laws of the game - that goes for tackles & retalition both physical & verbal !

Couldn't be any prouder of the lads today and if we'd have had Beads playing with mike then we would have won

Reactions: Tez
Too many missed chances , too many red cards, too much indecision, all in our control = we got what we deserved

Definite penalty - no complaints about that. Daft yellow card for whoever it was who was arguing against it.

Must agree about the officials too. I also thought they'd had a very good game until the sending off incident. It had been a good competitive game with some good hard, but fair, challenges and the ref let the game flow. Until...

The most worrying part for me is all the late goals we are conceding this season Prescot both games Witton away today there has been few more games 2 has to stop!!

"Great game, great to see so many away fans, seen the video, no one should of been sent off no stamp, no punches nothing". - from a Linnets fan on Facebook ...... but of course I'll wait and see our footage first ..... ;)

The most worrying part for me is all the late goals we are conceding this season Prescot both games Witton away today there has been few more games 2 has to stop!!

Prescot and Witton are two Steps ahead of us, Linnets top of the league by some distance; I'd have more concern at conceding late goals to sides prompting up this or lower leagues to be honest.

We worked hard today. In my opinion they all put a shift in. It wasn't perfect, but if they were, they'd be playing at a higher level. Something we ALL easily forget I think.

Agree with u toddy but we have no influence on that. The amount of bad language players & managers give officials is awful - yes they get decisions wrong (badly sometimes) & mikey White does intimidate them. Maybe the bad discipline is something the league should look at. Respect campaign is a joke when u hear players ( including ours) swearing at shouting at officials, can't believe that they don't stamp down on it -

I don't agree with much you've said on this thread! But...I do think that players are brainless when they argue about a decision that has been made. Not once in about 35 years of watching football can I EVER recall a ref overturning a decision on the basis of what a player says to him, yet players continue to argue with refs and get themselves yellow-carded.

Didn't deserve anything else today - managed the game badly & hate to say it but a few of our guys didn't want it enough. Brandon's stood out a mile with his work rate . Once again we self destructed, you could see it coming, for all his brilliance wardy has to watch his 'bad' side of the game & Chappell obviously was daft getting involved. Why didn't we make any subs , like to know the reason , discipline poor again, we can't be that unlucky with refs!
You could have written the script before the game !
Well I've seen some people talk shite on here, but you've just won the trophy hands down!!
Great effort against the table topping team.
Made them look average at best!
Was about 10ft away from the free for all...no7 should have had a straight red and conned us out of a deserved result!!
Perhaps before you go to the next match you should pay a visit to specsavers!!!

I thought we played well,all the lads tried hard and we deserved a draw the officials did well up the sending's off,maybe a suspicion of off-side on the player who crossed the ball for the 3rd goal.

Back