• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

linnets away

I was one of Tandy's biggest doubters but I think that he gradually became better and better so I was wrong about him

Have to agree with you Josh, though I think it was lack of fitness/match sharpness to start with. By the way, where is he ??

Well that picture says it all, Nothing but a red as both feet off the floor, hope we will appeal if we can

I'll put £20 in the pot for an appeal however all I think it'll do is piss off the league and the FA and turn future officials against us. Clearly no red for Wardy or Chappy.

That said I still think there's a lot that can be done to improve our discipline.

I don't like to say this but I think its too late to worry about officials turning against us as that happened a long time ago imo

An Appeal? There is nothing conclusive either way on that footage as to what Wardy may or may not have done to be fair, far too many bodies and legs in the way for the FA to have a better view of things than the ref and overturn the decision (even if there was a clear view, it's rare these days for refereeing decisions to be overturned). All the footage proves is what we've said all along, Wade's challenge was reckless; he's a lucky lad to come out of it without sanction; now we all have to move on.

Well in my opinion Wardys card is cleared up. Would love to know what Chappy's red was for? Straight red or 2nd yellow? But for what exactly?

Just read it Tony,I'd like to see their photo.Talk about being one-eyed,they could not get it right about who made the challenge,they said Ward was sent off for going over the top not stamping.

It must have taken around a second for the number 7 to travel off the ground like the kung fu panda (sending off in anybodies book) he did get a touch on the ball but matty must have had milliseconds to stop when the ball was taken away, yes one image does looks bad but having missed the ball he made every effort to stop himself falling on the player until he was pushed off by the defender. I think Matty was targeted by linnets the number 8 did a similar tackle on him in the first half without being booked you may get the ball but it should still be a booking do you have to break someone's leg before the cards come out. Ref obviously not aware of the sliding tackle rule or worse still the kung fu kick. Matty very lucky not to get a serious injury in the game in my opinion.

image.jpg

So what about this picture then, taken a split second after the one above?? Shows clearly that Wadey went in with one foot ( the other is bent sideways on the ground ) and got the ball at low level.

And what's Ward doing with his leg exactly? Driving it into Wadeys Ankle/Shin is what he is doing. He is even looking at Wadey while he is doing it. And that folks will be what he got sent off for and rightly so! And to those who said he feigned injury, believe me that would hurt.

In addition to this, something that probably nobody could see originally. Watch your video back, 10 seconds or so before this we are defending a throw in. Keep your eye on Ward, he chucks an arm up to Wadeys face but Wadey made no fuss about it. That's pro what prompted his strong tackle.

It looks to me from seeing this and reading some of your comments above about him that your gaffer should be asking Ward to reign himself in a bit for the good of the team.

Anyway it's done now. Don't appeal, you will lose and waste plenty of money for no reason. Your going to finish 3rd in my opinion anyway.

It was a great game and occasion on Saturday and I really do wish you all the best for the rest of the season. It's great to have the Northwich rivalry back!

Like I said in another thread, I hope we go up this year and you follow next year so these games can continue.

BOTH feet left the ground! It's caught on camera. He got away with it. End of story.;)

And as I have said elsewhere, the evidence for (or against) Ward is inconclusive. Nothing there to persuade anyone that the referee got it right or wrong. An Appeal would be completely pointless.

It's a real shame that a few decisions by the ref become the centre of attention and detract from what had until that point been a decent match,played (mostly) in good spirit.

The flinging of Matty's arm was done because the number 7 had hold of him and from our camera angle does look like it goes towards his face but are they really saying he was hit and never went down unbelievable no doubt the linnets camera will clear things up quite a bit right on the spot above all the action but I bet they never post it. All the no 7 needed was a quiet stay down till he's sent off and he was up in a flash. Sorry not a pro for me p**ck more like he will be one of three or four that get shipped out should they get promotion wonder if the lads know already if they are going or not bet they're keeping as an end of season surprise.

Linnets played the officials the whole match and the officials handed Linnets the 3 points.

I don't even think it was a penalty.

What is done is done but it won't be forgotten about.

BOTH feet left the ground! It's caught on camera. He got away with it. End of story.;)

What's wrong with both feet leaving the ground? The important part is he tackled with ONE foot, he wasn't over the ball and he took the ball cleanly.

I love the fact that you're happy to use picture evidence in your favour but have completely ignored the picture I posted with Ward going over the top into Wadeys ankle.

The ref got it spot on, end of story .

Back