• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

linnets away

Ian streets green army, Ian streets green army, Ian streets green army, with the drum in background! !!!!!

Saw my mate , the other day, he said to me he seen a white pele, so i asked who is he, he goes by the name of mat Woolley. Mat Woolley mat Woolley, goes by the name mat Woolley!

Quite a few greens in the pub by the ground already at 1.45
Get yourselves in there

WTF happened there then!???
Looked at bad tackle by there 7 and then bedlam and he got away scott free ????

Same old story. Big game, throw it away with poor discipline.

never mind poor discipline what about that clueless ref and linesman who let there guy get away scott free from an awful tackle then was that hopeless he gave them a free kick and ultimately the game.
Why did we not make any subs Beadle had been stood there ages, We neeeded fresh legs and for the life of me don't understand why beadle and connor were not brought on.
Didn't do enough second half against runcorns direct style, Needed more shots and pressure on their keeper.
Opportunity missed but great support of at least 300 and maybe more.
Need a quick winger nothing came down the right second half.

I thought first half was pretty even, with both sides looking shaky at the back & Linnets more lively up front.

2nd half we were tighter at the back and looked to have a bit of control until the rash tackle for the penalty.

As for the reds...
It was a clear foul on Wardy, but if he's retaliated then should be fined. I've not got a clue if he did though - didn't appear to from our position on the opposite side.
Same for Chappell if he's talked himself into a red

Have to ask yourself, if the subs were made when they were ready, would have have come away winners?

Forgot to mention the subs. Beadle was ready to come on for at least 5 minutes & once we lost two midfielders then surely a change should have been made then, just for fresh legs if nothing else.

What was your view of the incident Andy? ;)

I hate to use the word but the Linnets number 7 has cheated HIS way out of a red card and Matty Ward into one.

The officials got it completely wrong. Number 7 went in two-footed on Matty in a strong challenge from both players. He then rolled and writhed feigning agony, went hiding when the ref was trying to work out what happened, and made a miraculous recovery without the physio needed.

He cheated, the officials bought it. That's it really.

Ward's red card was a shocking decision. Ref was just guessing as was his assistant; both too easily swayed by the Linnets number 7 who actually committed the foul in the first place. To add insult to injury he didn't even get a card himself and predictably spent the remainder of the game running around like a spring chicken, once he'd finished his writhing. Can't comment on Chaps card or the Linnets sub, but I'm sure others with a clearer view will fill in the gaps.

Anyone running away with thoughts of indiscipline from the lads today, think again, those thoughts are wide of the mark.

Didn't deserve anything else today - managed the game badly & hate to say it but a few of our guys didn't want it enough. Brandon's stood out a mile with his work rate . Once again we self destructed, you could see it coming, for all his brilliance wardy has to watch his 'bad' side of the game & Chappell obviously was daft getting involved. Why didn't we make any subs , like to know the reason , discipline poor again, we can't be that unlucky with refs!
You could have written the script before the game !

Are you serious Mark. Didn't deserve anything? .... Really?

Back