• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

"JRFC WILL NEVER RETURN TO NORTHWICH"

I'm not betting money as you seem to have already concocted some weird and wonderful formula to prove a point. I'd be interested to see it though...

not suprising you still get a good following.
It is dwindling though...

Nearest home league game to this date last year was Chadderton. The gate? 275.
So if by 'dwindling' you mean 'absolutelythebloodysame' then yes, they're dwindling.

Next season with Vics in town it will be 240, the season after 210, season after 180 and by my drunken logic by season 2022/23 you will be watched by just the 7 fans who comment on here :)

Paul I just deal in facts I don't concoct things,I just keep data,please don't insult me if you can't accept the facts then don't enter the debate.I most probably know more about Witton's history than you do.so either put or shut up.

My word Matt you really are worried or drunk you are starting to talk silly.

Reactions: Ben
Next season with Vics in town it will be 240, the season after 210, season after 180 and by my drunken logic by season 2022/23 you will be watched by just the 7 fans who comment on here :)

Does that include you, C.J. and Paul? ;)

Last edited:
Not saying it's bad at all. But saying your average attendance is higher than ours and vics combined is absolute nonsense whichever way you look at it.
Seen people on here say that the MATCHDAY figure has sometimes been bigger than witton/vics gates combined. Never seen anyone say anything about being a bigger AVERAGE combined!? Perhaps you could point these posts out to me....or msybe you couldnt!

The facts are on the link above toddy, for home games you average 9 more fans than us per game so far this season. Of the two Saturdays you refer too I know for a fact that one was in your big game against Glossop (and presumably against Winsford?). If we were riding high this season there would be more occasions when we would have more than you and vics combined, like we will when FCUM visit.
Your two leagues above us!! Shouldnt your average be well above our anyway???

By which time, by my sober logic, you will have gone bust and be a distant memory!!!

Paul I just deal in facts I don't concoct things,I just keep data,please don't insult me if you can't accept the facts then don't enter the debate.I most probably know more about Witton's history than you do.so either put or shut up.
Toddy I'm not insulting you, I'm not that type and it certainly wasn't meant that way. The fact is (and its the last time I'm going to say it) is that, to date this season, you average 9 more fans than us per game. I'm not actually interested in how many Vics get anyway.

I'm sure you do know more than me about Witton's history and I completely respect your knowledge of local football, I also have a huge interest in it too not just Witton. Dare I say it I went to the Drill Field on many occasions for Vics big games when I was a youngster, but I believe I made the right choice in life supporting the Albs :)

To settle the discussion about gates here are the True facts on league gates up to yesterday which include the games played yesterday.
Witton played 13 with a total attendance of 4,517 at an average of 347.
Vics played 15 total 1,614 at an average of 108.
1874 played 12 total 4,296 at an average of 358.
If you add the total attendance's of Witton an Vics together you get 6,131 from 28 games at an average of 219.
I have not got the data on all Witton and Vics home Cup games so I can not work out the average,but I think that would also be lower than 1874's.
I hope that settles the argument.

No it doesn't actually because it works exactly the same the other way round. If you add the total attendance at 1874's games with Vics you get 5,910. 5,910 % 27 (games) = 219. So based on this theory we get more than you and Vics combined.

Paul thank you post,I hope the information above clear's the matter up.I was not trying to score points just stating the facts as they are,they may very well change as the season progress's.I have total respect for all non-league supporters whoever they follow.I will not say good luck on Tuesday cos I would not mean it.

Paul as I remember the discussion was the comparison between Wittons and Vics gates against 1874,so they were the figures I gave you.but if you wish to put Vics and 1874 gates together (god forgive)you could say 119 more people watch them than Witton on a home game.

Toddy I really couldn't care less how many people watch Northwich Vics nowadays, it is of no interest to me.

Paul they will be of interest to you when they are churning your pitch up next winter.

Back