• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

"JRFC WILL NEVER RETURN TO NORTHWICH"

These songs are much better

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Not posted for a long time but quietly supported 1874. For what it's worth my opinion is that it would have been crazy for us to have gone to witton. We won't need a stadium that 'size' for some time and the rent would have swallowed up match day income.

I don't care that Vics are back although it's right that the past is not forgotten. They should not be allowed to come back as returning heroes. Rushe knew he would lose the Victoria Stadium and gave fans no chance to save it, that was unforgivable. There used to be a guy post on the old website who listed everything Rushe had done in his time at Vics that had caused bad feeling- it'd be nice to have that post back. Completely see where Tony is coming from in feeling gutted but we just need to keep promoting our club and everything it stands for.

Last edited:
Just as a matter of interest. How come you have called your new fund a BIN fund (back in northwich) when you have never been in northwich to come back to. I might suggest that vics set one up and call it the same name where people can pay into to help assist the club over the next few years.
How come you come on here little man giving opinions no one wants (or cares about), when you were the one who moaned about my opinions on the vics forum and badgered your little friend jamie until he banned me!...oh yeah. Because you cant ask questions on the vics site that people cant give a honest answer to or just want to avoid answering!!...hypocritic to me!

Unfortunately his "friends" at JRFC are the ones making a fool out of him whilst his true friends are here at 1874.

One day he will come to realize that.

There was a comment earlier in this thread about how horrible it is to watch a game at Winsford and how terrible the pitch is.
Also some gnashing of teeth that 1874 haven't done a deal to play at Witton's ground.

Presumably the Witton ground where I used to watch Vics 10 years ago - which I remember didn't go back more than a few steps - has been replaced by something resembling the Nou Camp?
And the swamp has been drained so effectively, that despite two teams playing on it next year, the pitch will be like a bowling green?

I'm counting the minutes until Tuesday night. I can't wait to visit this fantastic new facility.

Jos, the pitche is indeed much improved over 10 years ago, still needs a bit more drainage work in the summer on a couple of areas but is recognised as one of the better pitches in the evostik, compared to Winsford well ill let you decide !!!

matthew james hardy said:
I did say ban him few days ago getting silly now
Hear hear!

The rules of the forum are at the bottom right of the page - Terms and Rules
If members are in breach of those rules then they will receive warnings & points on their membership.
Too many points and an automatic ban will be implemented.

I've seen this "we get more fans than Witton and Vics combined" stat banded about a few times recently. I see there were 275 at your home game today (admittedly good in the league you are in) and yet we had 394 for our last home game against Buxton, who didn't bring many. Can someone please explain how this stat is calculated? Thanks.

Back