• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC to return to Wincham Park

You use the word Investment presumably to imply that paying players wages (who incidentally can leave on 7 days notice) is an investment in the club which I don't think it is. There is no long term benefit to the club in infrastructure. This management duo will simply throw money at the playing squad to try and buy success and when it doesn't arrive (although it might do I suppose) they will part company with the club.

Player "expenses" is merely an expenditure, it does not show on a balance sheet plus who invests in a business without holding at least a minority shareholding, never mind a majority shareholding?

Investment would be buying the club a plot of land and building a stadium, but other than that I suppose you are right, if the current members or even supporters are happy with this new development, then its nobody else business, although I have heard that the club secretary or it might be treasurer has resigned in protest?

Partisan, as someone who appears to have actually communicated with the players involved(?) are you saying that these player “signatures” are only on registration documents and not actual playing contracts? Apologies if i’ve misunderstood your post.

I think a more fundamental point is that 1874 is legally a fans owned Club, each owner entitled to one vote at the AGM irrespective of their personal or financial contribution and are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority as such.

Does NVFC have that legal and organisational structure?

Apparently they now do, but you've more chance of finding Iran's nuclear missile HQ than details on the Vics new trust.

They have taken on the legal entity of CBS, but all indications are that the ownership behind this remains in the hands of one man and that the CBS status is a "work in progress". Though I wouldn't suggest holding your breath waiting for an announcement about fan share ownership or other such matters.

I've got some limited direct information, but to be honest in the context of the post above, I just meant that generically players can leave on 7 days notice

Fees
on home attendances of 142 average the club is roughly bringing in about £500 per game, minus groundshare fee, hospitality & match officials. How are you paying Connolly £160 a week (from the horse's mouth that by the way!)?

And that's just home games, never mind away games.

Are you not a fan owned football club? 1 member 1 vote etc etc everybody pays the same membership fee?

Accepting 3rd party money to pay your way and buy success is very poor. I don't agree with everything that happens at CoL but at least we know we are all in it together and are sustainable, we pay our own way and the success we have had tastes all the more sweeter because of it.
Don't forget the £700/match rent to Witton

Yes we are a registered CBS but this was only sorted in January, in June last year a committee was elected to run the football as you can't just wave a magic wand and hey presto have all things in place and it would be only fair on the committee that they have the full year. An AGM is pencilled in for the end of the month., the whole process has been overseen by a chap from your club so nothing sinister has been going on. considering we started of with nothing and no experience of running a football club we have not done a bad job, we paid all our bills last season including additional rent charges plus and addition weeks wages whilst also raising money for the Offside Trust. Our income is not just £500 a match, not sure why folks are making a big issue. We don't go around telling 1874 or your club or any other club whom they can or cannot sign, We signed players from your club last season like Wesso but nobody made a song and dance about it,

these people whom are complaining about us, were not long ago complaining because Jim Rushe did not buy the ground or use his money to pay of the club debts. Where were these concerns for our budgets when they went giving a sob story about having too may games to play and wanting a season extension, last season we had to pay an extra weeks wages

Yes we are a registered CBS but this was only sorted in January, in June last year a committee was elected to run the football as you can't just wave a magic wand and hey presto have all things in place and it would be only fair on the committee that they have the full year. An AGM is pencilled in for the end of the month., the whole process has been overseen by a chap from your club so nothing sinister has been going on. considering we started of with nothing and no experience of running a football club we have not done a bad job, we paid all our bills last season including additional rent charges plus and addition weeks wages whilst also raising money for the Offside Trust. Our income is not just £500 a match, not sure why folks are making a big issue. We don't go around telling 1874 or your club or any other club whom they can or cannot sign, We signed players from your club last season like Wesso but nobody made a song and dance about it,

these people whom are complaining about us, were not long ago complaining because Jim Rushe did not buy the ground or use his money to pay of the club debts. Where were these concerns for our budgets when they went giving a sob story about having too may games to play and wanting a season extension, last season we had to pay an extra weeks wages

Such short memories!
Your club, that you took over from Jim Rushe, who you fully backed up to and including his trial, was started off by your fans with lies and deception.

You can't now suddenly say we are now whiter than white, you had chance to prove to everyone that you could run things above board but decided that was too hard and now it's obvious to everyone looking in that your SINGLE OWNER, 100% SHAREHOLDER is operating your club in a financially reckless manner and not one of your fans has raised any concerns regarding where the finances are coming from. Your fans have absolutely no concern as long as you "Get back to where you belong", I'm still wondering where that is, as originally, before the shit hit the fan, it was the Conference National. If you think you could ever make it back there you are as deluded as your current management team.

"The Green Shed" - Yes I understand Peter Furmedge is helping you become a CBS on behalf of SD which is great. But how does being a fan owned club sit alongside what has actually happened? Your club allowing a manager to come in and use your club as his plaything?

Secondly you did not sign Weso from us. We had released Weso in Pre-Season. He then signed for AFC Liverpool for half a season. They they released him. Then he signed for Vics, but of course your club twitter feed used @colfc to shout their mouths off about the signing - ridiculous.

Now your club using 3rd party money has signed 2 of our players, doubling their money in the process and instead of just announcing them on your twitter, you once again use @colfc in everything, to cause maximum shit stirring.

The green shed
Whilst you are thinking of what to say in reply to partisan can you answer a question from me? Can you elaborate on your comment where you state you had to pay additional rent?

Posting it twice doesn't make it any more credible.

If becoming a CBS was "sorted", where is all the documentation? On your website?
If a committee was "elected", by whom and under what procedure?
Having a committee does not amount to fan ownership - where are the details of how ordinary fans can become owners?
Other fan-owned clubs have managed to get their structures in place in a similar timescale - also with no prior experience and in many cases starting with less than what you refer to as "nothing" - so what's the hold-up?
I note you have an AGM coming up. Is that the AGM of the Co.Ltd. football club (formed in June 2017)? If so, why, if you are now a CBS? If it is the AGM of the CBS football club, which you say happened in January 2018, why is the CBS having an AGM after 6 months? This is confusing.
Presumably the AGM is open to all, as there is no membership structure on which to base eligibility to attend?
And finally (for now, don't want to take up too much of your time) you keep referring to "wages" - does that mean that your club is operating on a contracted player basis rather than on expenses? Or are you merely being a little lax with your terminology?

There is the other issue of breaking the law, regarding their website!

Be fair! As TGS says ...
you can't just wave a magic wand and hey presto have all things in place

I'm sure one day they'll get round to fulfilling all the legal requirements of an official website. Maybe they'll even get round to correcting their contact info. Or publishing match reports on occasions other than when they win.

I also notice that the website claims the Hallmark Security League as a club sponsor. :rolleyes:

The green shed
Whilst you are thinking of what to say in reply to partisan can you answer a question from me? Can you elaborate on your comment where you state you had to pay additional rent?
Surprise surprise The green shed has gone quiet. Please please before you disappear under the pressure just answer my question. Please elaborate what you mean when you said you paid additional rent? Come on now don’t be shy!

And now you're back can you answer the question?

And now you're back can you answer the question?[/
Read post 325 on this thread as said in my previous post reply additional rent
Aaah I thought you meant that additional rent. The same additional rent agreement that your Chairman and Vice Chairman accepted and shook hands on after you told Barnton FC of your intention to return to Witton Albion. The same additional rent to allow you to finish the season at Townfield. And the same additional rent that now the season has finished you are now threatening Barnton FC with County Court proceedings unless they pay it back.
Thanks for coming back and clearing that up, much appreciated

They paid there 1st years rent in full. They then told us of there intention to go back to Witton. We told them they didn’t have a ground to play there remaining games on. They argued they’d paid up for the season. We said you’ve broken the agreement so hard luck. We then offered them a deal to play out there remaining games at Barnton to which after a few phone calls they accepted. Don’t get me wrong we could have gone down the legal route but this deal is beneficial enough for BFC. They have not walked all over us believe me.

This is #325.

So they agree to pay extra for extra time using the ground, pay the money and then have the cheek to go back on that agreement and demand the money back? If so, yet another example to show who they've learnt the art of football club managment from.

Back