• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC to return to Wincham Park

Had an interesting chat with an old friend yesterday afternoon in the Green Dragon.
Apparently he knows someone in the know at JGFC who has let slip regarding their budget next season. Unsurprisingly it's in excess of a Jim Rushe budget.

In fairness you'll be needing a big budget if your doubling the wages of a utility player like Joe Camozzi

I suppose anyone can go cap in hand to the general public and ask for money, but yes, a properly regulated CS issue should be accompanied by a prospectus & terms and conditions. Maybe they have one but haven't worked out how to upload it to the website? No doubt they will have gone through all the legal requirements and acquired the Standard Mark associated with CS to give investors a degree of peace of mind. Surely? Then again, maybe they just haven't bothered with such trivial matters.

Of course, no sane person would touch any investment without having done some background checks, just as no reputable CBS would fail to ensure they have met their regulatory obligations.

Otherwise, if you ever meet anyone who has invested in this, ask them how much they also gave to the Nigerian prince who emailed them, as you will be looking at a living embodiment of 'more money than sense'.

Just found this on their website as well, they are soooooo predictable!

Mr Viper is a Club Sponsor but the only one that hasn't been promoted, hmmmmm. I wonder if he'll be interested in buying £6,000 worth of community shares?

20180915_110631.jpg

Are they aware that Mr Viper probably isn't his real name?

No matter what happens it will all be our fault.

Surely THE NWCFL isn't a "club sponsor"?

Or for that matter the Offside Trust. Otherwise we'd be sponsored by the likes of St Lukes, Joshua Tree and Mid-Cheshire Food Bank.

Not very often that I'm positive towards JGFC but I must admit they have done extremely well to get a full sized coach filled for an away match.

20180919_202702.jpg

Someone's upset with tonight's result. I've no idea why he's taken his frustration out on Alan

20180924_235225.png

JGFC fans are not mentally equipped to handle banter.

20180925_024657.png

Last edited:
It all started after the Whitchurch defeat when Wilkes made a self proclaimed quote that Whitchurch had celebrated a huge scalp. Seems his ego is bigger than his increased playing budget.

20180925_023014.png

Last edited:
What a pleasant man he is. Fortunately he has blocked me on twitter. If I'd known he was going to sponsor me I would have got a receipt at the haridresser's yesterday. But maybe when he reads this he can honour his offer and donate £10 to Joshua Tree.

Fascinating game last night and depending on which side of the fence you are on I think you could have viewed it either way.

There is no doubt that the team in ascendancy were Vics, but they wasted so many chances and Winsford's defence stood firm (until the last minute when they switched off) so all in all for me perhaps Winsford deserved their win. Not sure their first was a penalty but they certainly should have had one later in the first half.

Dave Short, yes Dave Short in midfield was excellent in the first half breaking down most of Vics attacks. He was a thorn in Vics side for so long in the match but did fade and got deeper towards the end but showed some great fighting spirit. Winsford's Central Defender with Ducko was great all night sagain showing great determination.

Thought it was funny that most of Vics fans left when Winsford scored their third in injury time to go 3-1 up. Vics scored almost straight away from the restart!

With all those names in the Vics team they are not gelling as a team and perhaps that is a reflection of the situation there.

@alan - what was the attendance in the self promoted biggest NorthWest derby game?
According to the NWCFL website it was 288, with a confirmed 32 JGFC making this huge trip to Winsford.

20180925_141353.jpg
Someone at the Northwest Counties either has a sense of humour or sausage fingers

I got there at 7.35pm and didn't make the kick off. The queue was at least half way a cross the car park.
288 was probably about right. It was the most Vics fans I've seen for a while and quite vocal with their songs.

Back