• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cup final

Well done to the lads last night – you really gave us a night to remember.

That save from Greg was of high fantasy and what a special player Tyler is – but hard work and desire from everyone one. Made the ‘big boys’ look a shoddy outfit - an embarrassing night for the Albion.

Looking forward to reading Simmo’s piece on this and the positivity returning to the sports pages. A real buzz around this club at the moment and that was a big statement made last night.

Can't really add much to what's already been said, but I'll try.
I thought Greg was outstanding - commanded his area, caught everything & a quality save from what was Witton's only clear chance.
That's why he's been NWCFL keeper of the year a couple of times.

And everyone else was bloody good too.

Two teams, both with nothing left, league wise, to play for, two sets of fans, a cup final and the last chance of silverware for any team in mid Cheshire.
One team turned up, one set of fans turned up - both ours! Cup ours! Thank you and good night.

This is one game I shall savour editing.
I am Jealous but will have to do the Winsford game instead :(:(:scarf::snaphappy:snaphappy

Fantastic effort from the players and management. One of those games where every player turned up. The spirit was epitomized by Chappers who I believe played with a broken toe and was heard to say on Saturday 'I don't care if its agony...im playing monday'.
Brilliant support again, probably more than last season.
I think the key thing though is that the players wanted this for themselves AND for the fans. They got what it means to us.
Thanks 1874 for one of my best football nights ever ( to date!!)

And so say all of us !!.

Have to add one thing that hasn't been said yet.
We've questioned streety in his choices sometimes, me being one, but last night he got it absolutely spot on!
Dropping George Riley and bringing Chaps back in was so the right thing to do.
George has done well, and is a great future talent, but he does dive in too quickly and at times the game can pass him by.
Chaps is Chaps, does exactly what it says on the tin, so to speak!.
Him and Woolley were fantastic and bossed the midfield all game.
So well done Mr Street sir, my hat is well and truly tipped. :D.

I was with some of the players in the pub after the game last night. The whole team was in such a high spirits after the game last night and buzzing. Chappel was on top form. Yes, I can confirm that he played last night with a toe injury - what a legend. The players told me that the 1874 support was fantastic last night. They really appreciated the singing and encouragement from the terraces and stands. Can we bring some of that to the Barton Stadium tomorrow night and at Runcorn Linnets on Saturday? Last night I thought that the team gave a superlative performance and played Witton Albion off the park. I am so proud to be a member and supporter of this fantastic club. Please can everybody spread the word round Northwich about 1874. We need to grow our support and get more of the Northwich public interested in our club. Respect to all 1874 members and supporters and respect to the players, Ian Street and his management team. We now march on, hopefully ending the season strongly and preparing for an assault on the NWCL championship next season. UP THE 1874!

Last edited:
As we walked past the outside of the changing rooms after the game you could hear our team singing the 74 song it was great to hear
Hopefully see a lot of you tomorrow

"You won a football match and that is all. All your players would choose to play for Witton given the choice because we CAN go places, you are stuck forever at Winsford unless of course Sheikh comes along"
WHS.

This comment on the Witton forum from WHS regarding last night.
Enjoy and laugh at the sad little man!!

Reworded especially for Frank to understand :confused:. Lol!

Last edited:
You won a football match and that is all. All your players would choose to play for Witton given the choice because we CAN go places, you are stuck forever at Winsford unless of course Sheikh comes along!!
WHS.

The comment on the Witton forum from WHS regarding last night.
Laugh and enjoy!!

Blackie,
On the show you produced last nght and the "stigma" that will be forever with you, very few honest players will touch you with a bargepole, least of all the 1874 lads whho gave you just what you deserved and showed just what a load of "also rans" they are.
Your words in regard to 1874 will come to haunt you in a short space of time, put money on that !!.

Blackie,
On the show you produced last nght and the "stigma" that will be forever with you, very few honest players will touch you with a bargepole, least of all the 1874 lads whho gave you just what you deserved and showed just what a load of "also rans" they are.
Your words in regard to 1874 will come to haunt you in a short space of time, put money on that !!.
Further to your comment of WHS, you are obviously reffering to the little fat guyu from Rudheath who tries to hide under that VERY large hat !!.

Blackie,

The comment from that little fat guy from Rudheath who hides under a very large hat in disguise is irrelevant to the actual fact that you were made to look just what WA players are, just a load of "losers".

WHS comments are usually just like his letters, just a load of "bull", I refer to his previous mails when he claimed to be in absolute disgust with the acceptance of "certain funding".

Blackie,
Frank I think you've realllllly mis-read the post!

Last edited:
What a game 11 men of the match
But I think our back 4/5 deserve a special mention limiting there dangerous forwards to one shot
that forced Greg into a world class save
Other than that they were reduced to shots from distance and hopefull crosses that Greg dealt with comfortably the back 4/5 took some awful stick only a few weeks ago
well done boys

P1000063.JPG What a fantastic night - I`ve still got a smile on my face 24 hrs later. We thought the steward had extended the drinks offer when we arrived to the shouts of `Free Gin` but we had misheard and it was actually The Free Jim Freedom Fighters holding a rally in the car park - well actually there was one of them. On the way out we found this stray dog tied up outside the ground - rumour has it that it may belong to WHS

Sad thing is Mr Lowe actually thinks what he says is right
Couldn't watch football like that week in week out give me a bad neck

"You won a football match and that is all. All your players would choose to play for Witton given the choice because we CAN go places, you are stuck forever at Winsford unless of course Sheikh comes along"
WHS.

Who's going to tell WHS that some 1874 players were "given the chance" and gave Albion the thumbs down. I can think of two for starters ..... and an alleged third ;)

I can think of only one place Witton are going ...... but I'll keep that thought to myself and see if I'm right :rolleyes::D

Another comment I'd like to make. I know there was talk only a few months ago from a few fans that maybe we would be better off without Ian Street as manager. I think the brilliant performance last night to win the Mid Cheshire Cup should put any such views to bed. He has done a superb job and achieved so much in just three years, steering us to promotion in our first season and two top four finishes in the past two seasons, while also winning us our first notable trophy.

A big well done to Streety, the rest of the management, all the players and of course us fans/owners for making our club the brilliant place it is to be involved with. We have a very bright future indeed. :scarf:

Hi all - first of all well done to everyone at 1874! Witton supporters absolutely accept that the better team won on the night and deservedly lifted the cup. The hard work of both your team and volunteers is recognised by most people and your achievements are to be congratulated.

Don't take the comments made by one or two as a general indication of the feelings of the Witton supporters generally. Personally, I think the defeat highlights some serious shortcomings within our team (who blatantly failed to turn up on the night) and this should be the focus of the Witton players, management and supporters. Those who seek to deride 1874's success would be better looking at ourselves.

Well done and enjoy the moment !

Back