• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cup final

Another comment I'd like to make. I know there was talk only a few months ago from a few fans that maybe we would be better off without Ian Street as manager. I think the brilliant performance last night to win the Mid Cheshire Cup should put any such views to bed. He has done a superb job and achieved so much in just three years, steering us to promotion in our first season and two top four finishes in the past two seasons, while also winning us our first notable trophy.

A big well done to Streety, the rest of the management, all the players and of course us fans/owners for making our club the brilliant place it is to be involved with. We have a very bright future indeed. :scarf:

Well said Ben.

Ian works incredibly hard for our/his football club. I am in a position to see this and vouch for it. We had a difficult month earlier in the season, but thankfully most supporters appreciated the horrendous injury situation and had patience. He has also worked through some sad circumstances away from football, many of us know how that feels.

Another top 4 (not counting my chickens) finish and a cup win (not just any old cup win eh!). Another damn good job from our Manager I'd say.

We are also fortunate that we have a great Assistant in Paul Bowyer. Paul has stepped up and taken the lead and is another person, who is consumed by 1874. Stu Tulloch completes the management team, good lad is Stuey, passionate about his footy and the club.

To see these lads with the old trophy on Monday night, was such a lovely sight and great reward for them.

We do have a brilliant club and we are going in the right direction, steadily and carefully.

I still haven't come down and still can't stop smiling. Like the rest of our fantastic supporters!!

"You won a football match and that is all. All your players would choose to play for Witton given the choice because we CAN go places, you are stuck forever at Winsford unless of course Sheikh comes along"
WHS.

This comment on the Witton forum from WHS regarding last night.
Enjoy and laugh at the sad little man!!

Reworded especially for Frank to understand :confused:. Lol!

Blackie,
Apologies !, I did misread your post, must have been the excitement of the night !!.

Hi all - first of all well done to everyone at 1874! Witton supporters absolutely accept that the better team won on the night and deservedly lifted the cup. The hard work of both your team and volunteers is recognised by most people and your achievements are to be congratulated.

Don't take the comments made by one or two as a general indication of the feelings of the Witton supporters generally. Personally, I think the defeat highlights some serious shortcomings within our team (who blatantly failed to turn up on the night) and this should be the focus of the Witton players, management and supporters. Those who seek to deride 1874's success would be better looking at ourselves.

Well done and enjoy the moment !
Knutsfordian is generous in his comments and I am sure that there are many more sporting Witton fans out there. Local football has suffered far too much nonsense recently and , perhaps it is time to get back to the friendly rivalry and banter in which local games used to be played. The vitriolic comments on the Witton web site (with threats of physical violence seperately being issued) have resulted in an understandable " "over the top" response on this forum . !874 was formed (with hindsight, clearly the correct decision) by disenchanted JRFC fans, leaving members of the Flat Earth Society to continue their support of the Club, in the face of significant evidence of dubious practices at the Club. The good fans of Witton Albion are, I am sure, not wishing to be seen in the same light as the members of that Society. Quite why JRFC were allowed to groundshare with Witton this season was a mysterious decision, even allowing for the need for JRFC's cash. All Clubs need sources of income and the line has to be drawn somewhere. This should always be legitimate and after a due diligence exercise has been carried out, if necessary.1874 has built in the space of 3 years or so a wonderful Club of which the Town of Northwich can be proud. Witton fans need to seize the moment and restore their previous reputation of a well run Club, with honesty and integrity. This can be achieved with some hard work and difficult decisions taken. Failure to rectify the bad decisions taken recently will result in the name of Witton Albion being dragged further into the murkier side of football.

Knutsfordian is generous in his comments and I am sure that there are many more sporting Witton fans out there. Local football has suffered far too much nonsense recently and , perhaps it is time to get back to the friendly rivalry and banter in which local games used to be played. The vitriolic comments on the Witton web site (with threats of physical violence seperately being issued) have resulted in an understandable " "over the top" response on this forum . !874 was formed (with hindsight, clearly the correct decision) by disenchanted JRFC fans, leaving members of the Flat Earth Society to continue their support of the Club, in the face of significant evidence of dubious practices at the Club. The good fans of Witton Albion are, I am sure, not wishing to be seen in the same light as the members of that Society. .......

Good post Archie. All the recent vitriol is both negative and destructive and at the end of the day it does neither club or individual fan groups any good. From the Vics shenanigans to the Murdoch/BT blanket to coverage, local football has suffered over the years and desperately needs a shot in the arm. Friendly rivalry and banter has to be the way forward surely?

Reactions: Kit
[QUOTE="archie, post: 26842, member: 785]Quite why JRFC were allowed to groundshare with Witton this season was a mysterious decision, even allowing for the need for JRFC's cash. All Clubs need sources of income and the line has to be drawn somewhere. This should always be legitimate and after a due diligence exercise has been carried out, if necessary.[/QUOTE]

This is something I believe needs investigating, especially as one of the chairman involved is also the Evostik league chairman.

Thanks for trying, Tony, but my eyes can't cope with that! ;)

View attachment 917 What a fantastic night - I`ve still got a smile on my face 24 hrs later. We thought the steward had extended the drinks offer when we arrived to the shouts of `Free Gin` but we had misheard and it was actually The Free Jim Freedom Fighters holding a rally in the car park - well actually there was one of them. On the way out we found this stray dog tied up outside the ground - rumour has it that it may belong to WHS
Not true. WHS, that man of many principles(not sure which ones he is espousing this week), does not own the dog. It is believed he found the dog and was either going to return it to the rightful owner or more likely flog it to the local pet store and put the proceeds towards his next brain transplant.

Back