• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cup final

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was present at many of our old club's memorable occasions. They were fantastic and will always live with me.

Tonight was different class. Because this is truly OUR Club. History in the making.

I am incredibly proud of the boys. I have massive respect for Ian and his management team. And the supporters, what can I say. I love being part of this Green Army. You are the best!

I want to mention Phil Lea. I am not sure who was the most emotional, me or him! This guy is a legend.

We are a club going in the right direction, thanks to the hard work, dedication and togetherness of everyone connected with 1874.

Thank you for one of the best nights ever.

I don't think I've had many nights that I've enjoyed more than that. Yes, we've all seen big games in the FA cup, or title rivalling games in the Conference or Evostik in the past - but that was a proper performance from lads that did OUR club proud.

I can tell from the reaction in the ground, and on social media that they enjoyed it just as much as we did. BIg thanks to Ian, Paul and Stu, as well as all of the regular matchday squad who make it happen every week. Great night

Forgot this one

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What a night!
We've had some great games & great experiences during our time as '74 fans, but nothing like this! Sorry to anyone who missed tonights game, it really was an incredible experience.
We utterly demolished Wi**on from start to finish. Every player deserved a MOM award, no-one was being carried tonight, a full shift was put in by all. Greg put in a brilliant performance, he made a brillaint save in the 1st half to ensure that we went in with a 2-0 lead, but also got to every stray ball that came his way & was the first big set of hands at every corner. Special mention must go to Ian, Paul, Stuey, the back room staff and the especially the board who work so hard to put everything together.
Also, the fans were awesome tonight, the 12th, 13th, 14th & 15th men on the field.
It's easy to forget or take for granted our progress from the new team that played at that first Lostock friendly. I think tonight is a great time to look at that (fairly recent) memory, look at where we are now and take time to appreciate what we have achieved.
Proud of the lads, proud of the fans & proud that once again NORTHWICH IS GREEN!!! :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Two teams, both with nothing left, league wise, to play for, two sets of fans, a cup final and the last chance of silverware for any team in mid Cheshire.
One team turned up, one set of fans turned up - both ours! Cup ours! Thank you and good night.

This is one game I shall savour editing.

What a fantastic night, a fantastic performance from ALL of The 1874 family. Nothing less than what our little club deserve. Well done to all the lads on the pitch, Witton looked poor but I'd rather think we didn't let them play the way they wanted to.
Great night.....thank you.
Shame I missed the first two goals, bit of a drive from Sheffield but the result made up for all that. Feeling a little tired this morning, home at 11.30pm left at 5.15am this morning......but well worth it.

Last edited:
Not much to add to the above, other than ... magnificent display with commitment and energy for 90 minutes, made the journey well worth it. First sight of Geg Hall, and I was impressed with his handling of every single ball that came into the box - and that save near the end of the first half, where I was convinced it was going in. An incredibly poor opposition, though, who seemed to have little by way of tactics other than to hoof it up the field for our back line to gobble up and couldn't cope with being harried all over the park. We were also the only team that attempted to play any football last night, and could easily have won 5 or 6.

And what on earth was that groundsman doing at the end????

Been told that a Witton steward asked our 74ers not to swear as "they were a CLEAN team" not in my books they are !!

Fantastic effort from the players and management. One of those games where every player turned up. The spirit was epitomized by Chappers who I believe played with a broken toe and was heard to say on Saturday 'I don't care if its agony...im playing monday'.
Brilliant support again, probably more than last season.
I think the key thing though is that the players wanted this for themselves AND for the fans. They got what it means to us.
Thanks 1874 for one of my best football nights ever ( to date!!)

Back