• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cup final

Great game and atmosphere. Nice to play at a decent ground again - although when "we" used to play there I didn't think that. Why did Lomas get booked for a gentle push when they were pushing our players all night? Odd to get a penalty from a ref who gave us hardly anything s=else all night.
Really enjoyed the game and atmosphere, best of both with 74!

Just to think there were loads of greens who could not get there but hundreds that did, What a performance on and off the pitch, The team were a credit to the club and the volunteers who keep the club going in the right direction, Proud to be a 74 supporter tonight.
Lets hope we get a few up to Winsford Wednesday night.

Very quiet on the Witton forum. The phone box is busier. ;)

OMG! I think someone may pinch me in a minute and I find it was all just a dream!.....no, still here lol!
How fooking good were we!
From 1 to 11 we were outstanding, couldn't handle our front 3, midfield won nearly everything, defence was unbeatable and Greg was a rock!
Big big thank you to all the team and staff.

Top, top display, everyone of the lads worked their socks off, fully deserved it, the save by Greg at the end of the first half was real quality and stopped us going in at 2-1.
Every time we went forward we looked threatening. Well done boys, made them look like a pub team.

That is a night that'll live long in the memory, there's no doubt about it. Class performance from start to finish, controlled the game throughout and Witton only had 1 real good chance with the save from Hall. We looked dangerous every time we went forwards and we looked very solid at the back. One of those occasions where giving one player MOTM would be an injustice to the rest of the players that played their part in the match tonight. Witton were terrible, but I don't really give one about that. We made them look terrible, we were better than them in every department tonight. Just brilliant!

Brilliant support from our lot as well, non stop singing for the 90 minutes and getting behind the team in general. Even gave myself a headache!! Must've been 350 at the very least of our lot there. So many greens there and it felt like there were so many greens that weren't there, as someone posted above, the future looks bright for us. Hopefully one of many fantastic nights ahead for us all!!

P.S. apologies to those that got my coke all over them after the first goal (no not that kind of coke) ;)

Last edited:
Now that is why we support this club - awesome.
Make the dog and duck our mascots I say!
I think a dog mascot that carries a plastic duck would make a great mascot!
Perhaps we could even derive a club nickname from this?

I usually come on the forum with a bit of a resume on what I thought of the game but tonight I have just a few words.
Commitment, passion, quality, talking to each other, Winning!!
ALL of the players were all of this.
A credit to the motivation by Streety and his management team.

Oh and a well done to Phil with his sponge we can't forget his contribution.

Sour grapes on the Witton forum from an arrogant fan claiming they would have beaten us had they turned up and I wondered who he thought that they were playing?

Arrogant and unable to stand that they were truly thoroughly beaten by the better footballing side and club

Reactions: Ben
A brilliant win for the lads tonight. To some people, it may only be the Mid Cheshire Cup we've won, but symbolically for us to win our first proper trophy is huge. I feel that finishing 4th and winning a trophy is progress from last season. We have a fantastic set of lads who are 100% committed and who have done our club proud. If we can keep hold of this set of players, I think we could be in for an even better season next year! :scarf:

Back