• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vics game

Hell mate you got back from wulfronians quickly......

I saw and heard them screaming and shouting about "The Tricky Boys" in Keele Services on the M6 this evening and I thought they must have had a big win and not a 1-1 draw. How embarrassing!

The rise and fall of 74 🤣🤣🤣 Another good result again today, can we hear the midlands sing I can't hear a f******g thing 😉
Unlike the fall and fall of NVFC. 😉😂. 30 odd years as a Conference club. Now playing 4 steps below that level and no chance of ever getting back there.

All thanks to the actions of the three unwise monkeys - Nuttall, Rafferty and Stone - who completely f****d up the sale of TDF and the construction of the VS and then first the Conman and then Rushe the drug dealer - whom some Vics fans chose to trust as opposed to their own fellow supporters. Says a massive amount about their judgement and character.

Never forget that some of us were around when Vics were a great side. The current bunch wouldn’t be fit to lace their boots.

I’ve watched 74 since the inception, same as most fans who made the heart wrenching decision to walk away from Vic’s, and taken plenty of stick for it, first game on Tuesday for 18 months, due to work commitments, took my nephew and he loved every minute despite the result and can’t wait to go again. Every club has clowns and I witnessed it first hand on Tuesday, take no notice of the idiots. They’re not proper Vic’s fans, the people I know who are involved with the club behind the scenes are decent honest people as with most non league clubs.
As people have said, the performance was really poor, and I’ve seen it time and again in big games that matter with 74.
Every club has highs and lows, 74 have progressed and progressed, if we go down we go down, we experience a low in the clubs history, but this is our club, if we have to go backwards to take a step forwards, so be it. Get behind the new manager, he seems a decent bloke who given time will hopefully get things right. Memebership renewed, and looking forward to whatever the future holds, the club needs peoples support more than ever.

They’re not proper Vic’s fans
I was there on Tuesday night and it appeared that the proper fans were the Vics fans, getting behind their team in the 2nd half with the noise/chanting, whilst the 1874 fans were quiet the whole game apart from the laser they brought in and shined in the Vics goal keepers face, also come full time there were no 1874 fans left to clap their team off.

I was there on Tuesday night and it appeared that the proper fans were the Vics fans, getting behind their team in the 2nd half with the noise/chanting, whilst the 1874 fans were quiet the whole game apart from the laser they brought in and shined in the Vics goal keepers face, also come full time there were no 1874 fans left to clap their team off.
It was the Vics fans that had the laser pens.

Is it not in your interest to get these neutrals following your club instead of questioning them.
We are more than happy to welcome any new fans at Witton
Genuine neutrals, yes. I have my doubts over Mr Dent.
Any merger would require owners of either respective club to communicate an interest in merging club and resources, that’s how it works. Both clubs have held AGMs in the last six months and neither has put forward a resolution to its respective meeting, which would suggest there is no appetite for any change currently.

I think I have done quite well to keep the key board under wraps until now - but reading James' comment found me pressing the keys once more :)

On previous threads we have discussed at length the pressures and costs of keeping a team at a reasonable level in non-league and what could be done to fix that. You will be overjoyed to know I don't intend to revisit those discussions here. :). What I do ned to comment on is the failure of WAFC to capitalise on their position since 2012. I think its a fairly simple answer and that is we have failed to get enough folks through the turnstiles. I reckon it probably takes a gate of say 1000 (or gates and fundraising equivalent to that) to keep a team safe and competitive in the NPL. It places an enormous strain on the directors of the club and a number of solid seasons can be undone by one poor year when the club hasn't got the reserves to spend their way out of trouble. (As WAFC demonstrated) The one income source that allows a club to suddenly make that step is the FA Cup. One can only hope that a run in that competition comes our way soon. As Marine have shown it can change a club for a generation, but given our recent cup performances it doesn't look like happening soon.

Putting football aside - Happy New Year to one and all.
Glad to see that I can still stir you into action Knutsfordian!

I had become increasingly concerned about you, particularly given your lack of posts about the considerable and tangible benefits of Brexit we’ve seen since the vote to leave in 2016! 😉😂

Anyhow, moving onto footy and specifically your comments about Albions success - or otherwise - since 2012, I think that is two are agreed on the point that the only way that football in the town can progress to any higher level than NPL Premier is to have one team in town.

But to achieve that then Albion as fans and as a club will have to give up all the seeming opportunities they have and I just can’t see that happening.

But as my mate Andy Chadwick has admitted to me in more than one occasion. that the problem with Witton is that we don’t have Northwich in our name. So not only do new people to the town know where Witton is, businesses who are based in the town are less likely to back a club that apparently isn’t based in the town😳

Glad to see that I can still stir you into action Knutsfordian!

I had become increasingly concerned about you, particularly given your lack of posts about the considerable and tangible benefits of Brexit we’ve seen since the vote to leave in 2016! 😉😂

Anyhow, moving onto footy and specifically your comments about Albions success - or otherwise - since 2012, I think that is two are agreed on the point that the only way that football in the town can progress to any higher level than NPL Premier is to have one team in town.

But to achieve that then Albion as fans and as a club will have to give up all the seeming opportunities they have and I just can’t see that happening.

But as my mate Andy Chadwick has admitted to me in more than one occasion. that the problem with Witton is that we don’t have Northwich in our name. So not only do new people to the town know where Witton is, businesses who are based in the town are less likely to back a club that apparently isn’t based in the town😳

I am glad to see that you are at last acknowledging the benefits of Brexit !! lol.

Moving on to Andy's point, I think that is very true and from a commercial perspective WAFC have up to now, not managed to come up with a proposition that answers those commercial questions. The other side of the coin is that changing the club's name would leave most Albion supporters apoplectic (and that's without putting a merger on the table).

Personally I do miss the days of big matches in town, but unfortunately I don't think our local councils shared that view, relocating clubs out of town with no obvious way of return and now ruing the day as they view empty, soulless streets on a Saturday afternoon.

Its going to be a long way back.

By coincidence my son is trying to compile a list of the football games he has been to, and asked for my help. So I got out some of my old Vics programmes last night ,starting with the last game of 2004 at Gravesend and Northfleet. Vics were bottom of the conference and I thought it would be their last game ( as we all know it wasn't.) The manager, Shaun Teale, was replaced by Steve Burr and as far as I could tell only two players survived from 2004 into 2005/6.
I suspect Damian is on a similar path for much the same reason. Hopefully he will not be held back by repeated 10 point deductions for financial mis dealings.

By coincidence my son is trying to compile a list of the football games he has been to, and asked for my help. So I got out some of my old Vics programmes last night ,starting with the last game of 2004 at Gravesend and Northfleet. Vics were bottom of the conference and I thought it would be their last game ( as we all know it wasn't.) The manager, Shaun Teale, was replaced by Steve Burr and as far as I could tell only two players survived from 2004 into 2005/6.
I suspect Damian is on a similar path for much the same reason. Hopefully he will not be held back by repeated 10 point deductions for financial mis dealings.
I thought that it was Greg Rioch (Bruce’s son) who was in temporary charge at the end of that season.

In relation to your second point, the huge difference between 2004 and now is that back then we had an arrogant, egotistical, odious and egregious t****r as owner / Chairman.

Unlike the fall and fall of NVFC. 😉😂. 30 odd years as a Conference club. Now playing 4 steps below that level and no chance of ever getting back there.

All thanks to the actions of the three unwise monkeys - Nuttall, Rafferty and Stone - who completely f****d up the sale of TDF and the construction of the VS and then first the Conman and then Rushe the drug dealer - whom some Vics fans chose to trust as opposed to their own fellow supporters. Says a massive amount about their judgement and character.

Never forget that some of us were around when Vics were a great side. The current bunch wouldn’t be fit to lace their boots.
But good enough to beat 1874 last week

But good enough to beat 1874 last week.
Clearly! But that was just one game.

It doesn’t get away from the facts that I’ve posted regarding Vics huge fall from grace since 2005. Only Worcester City - fellow founder members of the APL in 1979 - have had an equally disastrous period

Apologies to go on about Vics and please move this to a better place if there is one, but I know some people have encyclopaedic knowledge of the old days ,don't they James.
My son has sent me a photo of a game he attended at TDF but who are the oppositionView attachment 2567? He has it as 1996 and three players I recognise are Vicary, Duffy and Butler (who left that summer) so must be end of 1995/96 season. The opposition are in dark red shirts with white numbers, black shorts and socks.

Any ideas ?Vics 1996 at the Drill Field.jpg

Back