• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vics game

Briswa

Legend
Aug 9, 2015
Well if I printed on here what I thought of that display then I think I would be banned.
Absolutely terrible and embarrassing.
Vics were well worthy of their win so I have no complaints on that score
Lost count of the number passes we gave away and the number of times we were caught with the ball. No width just wanted to play through Vics massed central defence.
Only bright note was Joel Jones for the short spell he was on the pitch.
A new low for me and unless we see a miracle relegation is a certainty.
Sorry to be so pessimistic but I haven’t seen anything to give me hope. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.

Well if I printed on here what I thought of that display then I think I would be banned.
Absolutely terrible and embarrassing.
Vics were well worthy of their win so I have no complaints on that score
Lost count of the number passes we gave away and the number of times we were caught with the ball. No width just wanted to play through Vics massed central defence.
Only bright note was Joel Jones for the short spell he was on the pitch.
A new low for me and unless we see a miracle relegation is a certainty.
Sorry to be so pessimistic but I haven’t seen anything to give me hope. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.
Hahahahaha couldn't even have a ok t after the game, your a disgrace!!! Using the facilities of another club but sneak off at the end, you lot are done 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why is it never easy to dissect our games?

We have multiple players missing through injury but also a huge lack of pace in the side
A few new faces to fill the gaps are urgently needed

A new low indeed in all my years watching 1874.

Embarrassing tonight against a poor team who are 14th in the Midland League. That tells you how bad we are.

No fight. No passion. Nothing. In a local derby. Just unacceptable. We are going down barring a miracle.

Big changes needed and questions asking.

Where does the club even go from here?

Tonight was a new low, gutless, no effort, and no game plan. They were awful but were clearly more up for it than us. This team gives us nothing, we used to have such a connection with the squad, it was full of characters, game changers and players who gave a sh*t. To look back and think of the likes of Scotty, Jake Parker, Joe Woolley, players who could grab the game by the scruff of the neck am make things happen. The manager was a bad appointment, out of his depth, poor interviews, we should have gone with Neil Baker, he has the know how and network to get us out of this situation. Tonight confirmed to me that we will go down, no doubt about it. Players like Hare, Kennerley, Gardner, used to frustrate the hell out of me, but I'd have any of them right now in a heartbeat. This squad is so poor yet we are trying to play a formation that teams at the top of the table play. We create nothing, no wonder we don't score goals. We could have Earling Haaland up top and he wouldn't score goals. It's no surprise that whoever plays upfront for us doesn't score. Look at Quarless, scored goals at every club he played at, came to us scored nothing, leaves and scores goals again. It so depressing coming to watch this team, the match day experience must be the worst in the league, nowhere to go for a pint, music is poor, can hardly hear it, nothing to lift the mood. So sad to see attendances declining, once they go it's hard to get them back. Congratulations Vics on your cup final, they were celebrating a 0 - 0 at half time.

Embarrassing tonight against a poor team who are 14th in the Midland League. That tells you how bad we are.

No fight. No passion. Nothing. In a local derby. Just unacceptable. We are going down barring a miracle.

To Chasetown to collect nothing less than 3 points. DC needs to strengthen quickly and show his credentials

A new low you 🤣🤣🤣!! You were bisected by the far better team a team 14th in the midlands league and let me tell you now sunshine, when you go down not if but when, and you get opted for the midlands you lot will opt to drop again, 🤣🤣🤣 keep on dreaming with your Mouth, it's not if, it's when!!! Bye bye duck head

A new low you 🤣🤣🤣!! You were bisected by the far better team a team 14th in the midlands league and let me tell you now sunshine, when you go down not if but when, and you get opted for the midlands you lot will opt to drop again, 🤣🤣🤣 keep on dreaming with your Mouth, it's not if, it's when!!! Bye bye duck head
What does bisected mean?

Well that is lowest I've felt watching 74 feel sorry for DC he's Inherit squad that would fishing bottom of the nwclf thanks to Previous manager questions have to ask why was he allowed to build a squad so poor and we all could see it from last season that is was going down hill at Alarming rate

Tonight was a new low, gutless, no effort, and no game plan. They were awful but were clearly more up for it than us. This team gives us nothing, we used to have such a connection with the squad, it was full of characters, game changers and players who gave a sh*t. To look back and think of the likes of Scotty, Jake Parker, Joe Woolley, players who could grab the game by the scruff of the neck am make things happen. The manager was a bad appointment, out of his depth, poor interviews, we should have gone with Neil Baker, he has the know how and network to get us out of this situation. Tonight confirmed to me that we will go down, no doubt about it. Players like Hare, Kennerley, Gardner, used to frustrate the hell out of me, but I'd have any of them right now in a heartbeat. This squad is so poor yet we are trying to play a formation that teams at the top of the table play. We create nothing, no wonder we don't score goals. We could have Earling Haaland up top and he wouldn't score goals. It's no surprise that whoever plays upfront for us doesn't score. Look at Quarless, scored goals at every club he played at, came to us scored nothing, leaves and scores goals again. It so depressing coming to watch this team, the match day experience must be the worst in the league, nowhere to go for a pint, music is poor, can hardly hear it, nothing to lift the mood. So sad to see attendances declining, once they go it's hard to get them back. Congratulations Vics on your cup final, they were celebrating a 0 - 0 at half time.
I agree ….Neil Baker would have been a far better choice and a great pity that we didn’t move for him. He would have kept us in the league with his vast knowledge and experience. Instead he has joined a club that we would have expected to finish above … double whammy I’m afraid and we will regret this I feel …. Big big game now at Chasetown

Feel very sorry for Damian, who has inherited a squad simply not cut out for the level they're at, or the one below after tonight's performance. This is no means a criticism of the effort of players, it is simply a fact that too many of the current squad are not capable at this level of football. This is unfortunately fact, the league table doesn't lie.

Players Damian has added look better than what we have had, and we have a large injury list on top of that. Fingers crossed we can strengthen with a few more.

Ultimately however, the football board have let the club sleepwalk into this position when not acting at the back end of last season, or even this season in earlier matches.

GoBo were fantastic for many seasons, but there is always a natural ending point and for me that should have been the summer. Things were allowed to continue long into this season until it is becoming increasingly difficult to fix.

A word for the empty stands at the end - that was largely to avoid any issues with V*cs fans that had already tried to cause problems in the first half, and not a lack of support for Damian and the team.

I have always thought that the present fans and management of Jim's Team model themselves on Millwall.

Last edited:
Last nights performance and result was a disgrace and way below the levels we should expect from an 1874 team.

Vics looked the better side from minute one and we're actually trying to play football and had a decent structure about them, unlike '74 who looked incredibly sorry for themselves and couldn’t get going at all.

I agree with Mark T and Callum74 regarding the squad which Damian has inherited. Its been clear since preseason the wrong decisions have been made and the results highlight this. Losing key players at crucial moments have knocked us back severely.

I could sit here and moan about our injury list, because its hit arguably our best and most influential players at pretty much the worst time it could, but I wont, it is what it is and we must deal better with the situation.

The pressure now on the side to get a result down at Chasetown is huge. Fully behind Damian and the lads.

Last edited:
Relegation is almost certain now, as it will be impossible to get enough players in, that would want to join us in our situation.
We should maybe write the season off and start to plan for a next year ?

Think it had been clear to a number of people that the recruitment had been way off for a long time during Gobo - along with tactics, performances, lack of training session mixup amongst other things. What we’re seeing now and where we find ourselves at the bottom of the table is a direct effect of that and not having rectified and removed them sooner, the writing was on the wall for a long time!…

As for DC, it’s already been said but what he has inherited playing squad wise is not good enough bar 3 or 4 players who would improve any team around or above us. In terms of his recruitment thus far, I am encouraged. Each of his additions have been good and I would say an improvement and I can see things tick in parts for what he’s clearly trying to do and tweak. Not bad considering the previous management would bemoan budget constraints, I’ve not once heard him moan about this and has brought in a number of players - clearly shows there is players out there, should they have wanted to be proactive and reactive.

Keep the faith and I’m positive results will come soon!

I’ll start by saying I didn’t attend last night so I can’t comment on the performance, however the above comments all seem to cover that.

I do however echo comments about how poor the squad is, this is possibly one of the weakest squads I’ve seen from a 74 point of view. Some of the players we’ve had in the last few seasons have been good enough to play in this league and maybe the league above but we’ve let them go or they’ve left because of poor man management on the previous managers part. Harry Cain, I’d have him back at the club in a heartbeat, always looked dangerous, wanting to drive the ball forward, Jake Parker could always create something and what a player on his day. DC has shown that the club has the ability to recruit players and the players he’s brought in have been a a big improvement to the team. If we go down this season which is looking more and more likely the only people to blame are goody and bowyer. Excuse after excuse on why the club can’t recruit, “small budget” “only attract young inexperienced players” all of them excuses now are showing as absolute incompetencies, the mistake we made was keeping them after last season ended. They should have gone, heads held high that we remained in the division after an incredibly poor second half of the season and then allowed and new manager to come in and build a squad that was good to improve our stature and not decrease it.

In my opinion from the games I’ve watched since DC has come in, performances have improved, we just lack the cutting edge.

COYG

Last edited:
Back