• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vics game

Well I'm afraid our team fell well short of what was expected last night and as much as I was impressed on Saturday, last night was not acceptable. It just seemed so disjointed and no flow to any of our play. I know that we had players missing but our passing was terrible. I couldn't find any evidence until we scored that we put more than 2 passes together.

We showed on Saturday that despite injuries we could compete with teams in our league and given that there are good players to come back to the squad. We can turn this around. It will take a massive collective effort and possibly a few home truths from Damian and the players themselves. Our league is so even if you take a couple of teams out.
It is the winning mentality that comes with confidence that must be installed into our players now, especially after lasts night's disappointing performance. We are much better than that.

Remember, after the last two games we have found a new centre half, goalkeeper and striker. We need to support them with supply to the attack and protection to the defence. In other words our engine room needs sorting now.

I appeal to everyone to write off last night as a bad day at the office and support Damian and the lads for the rest of the season.

See everyone Saturday.

Well I'm afraid our team fell well short of what was expected last night and as much as I was impressed on Saturday, last night was not acceptable. It just seemed so disjointed and no flow to any of our play. I know that we had players missing but our passing was terrible. I couldn't find any evidence until we scored that we put more than 2 passes together.

We showed on Saturday that despite injuries we could compete with teams in our league and given that there are good players to come back to the squad. We can turn this around. It will take a massive collective effort and possibly a few home truths from Damian and the players themselves. Our league is so even if you take a couple of teams out.
It is the winning mentality that comes with confidence that must be installed into our players now, especially after lasts night's disappointing performance. We are much better than that.

Remember, after the last two games we have found a new centre half, goalkeeper and striker. We need to support them with supply to the attack and protection to the defence. In other words our engine room needs sorting now.

I appeal to everyone to write off last night as a bad day at the office and support Damian and the lads for the rest of the season.

See everyone Saturday.
Hear hear. Add to the above the foul mouthed Vics management and supporters. There might be a small element of sensible Vics supporters that would be welcome at 74. They need to make themselves known and have routed out the obnoxious element of their support which has been evident for some time.
We keep getting asked "WHY DONT YOU MERGE"

It took 2 minutes for some dribbling scumbag to come looking for a fight last night.

No thanks.

A new low indeed in all my years watching 1874.

Embarrassing tonight against a poor team who are 14th in the Midland League. That tells you how bad we are.

No fight. No passion. Nothing. In a local derby. Just unacceptable. We are going down barring a miracle.

Big changes needed and questions asking.

Where does the club even go from here?
Back up again, look it's been a bad season and yes relegation to the Midlands league would be hard but I believe we'll be fine if that happens and rebuild to come back up again, we have to understand as fans that we're not entitled to anything and we just need to cope with the lows as well as the highs, with the squad we were able to assemble at the start of the season it was always going to be difficult as we're relying on a number of young inexperienced players to basically mature and play above their means for the entire season, add on top of that the recent injuries to our more experienced players and you get the position that we are currently in, I fully understand and support the clubs intention of being financially responsible and living within our means but the truth of the matter is that we need to work out a way to get a significant amount of additional funding into the club on a yearly basis because our current budget just isn't good enough for this level

I shall continue my support of the club and hope things improve. However last nights effort was completely unacceptable- we were terrible. Yes we had more experienced players out last night to injury but even when they were playing we have been poor. It will need a massive improvement if we are to compete. We shall see but I feel we are doomed to relegation.
A quick note regarding Vics support and management. The words “ foul mouthed “ spring to mind. Not a good advert for their side. I left before the end for this reason - didn’t want to mix with them. I found them confrontational and antagonistic last time they played us - not changed!!

I left before the end for this reason - didn’t want to mix with them. I found them confrontational and antagonistic last time they played us - not changed!!

Same.

Just think, over 1000 there against Witton on boxing day and not a hint of any problems.

50 of them lot there last night...

last nights effort was completely unacceptable- we were terrible. Yes we had more experienced players out last night to injury but even when they were playing we have been poor. It will need a massive improvement if we are to compete. We shall see but I feel we are doomed to relegation.
We had a senior player trying to get the ref to call it during the warm up - what does that say to the youngsters in the side or even to the opposition?

The one thing about last night is that it showed without a doubt that we have players in the 11 who are clearly not at the level we need or even that some just didn't care. Second chances haven't been taken and it's time to be brutal with replacements.

On the up side, Joel Jones is now our 5th top scorer of the season with 1 (and a good finish it was), and the new keeper did well too. Max had a howler for one of their goals, but overall he's been really good at centre back - he's unlucky that his one mistake in 2 games lead to a goal.

but I feel we are doomed to relegation.

Not yet - but time is running out. 40 points has never seen a team relegated since this division has been a 20 team league. To get there we need 8 wins or the equivalent points.

Here's the difficulty of fixtures (reverse order based on the league table). We have a run of games coming up that we NEED to perform in. The next two are a free hit, then after that if we're not winning then we're screwed. We don't want to be into the last 5 games of the season needing more than a handful of points.

1704892165079.png

Must admit James this comment had me shaking my head
Charliebel - You need to take into consideration that the post is from a Vics fan.

As you know, they aren’t well known for fans who have an IQ any greater than 70!😉😂 🥬

It will be interesting to see how it pans out ;)
Odds are certainly stacked against us at present, but it’s amazing in football how things can turnaround si quickly - just look at your own recent form!

Problem is for us we need to start winning games, and at present that seems an even bigger ask given the injuries we’ve got to really key players. ☹️

Yesterday was bad - probably the worst I've seen since I've started coming to games.
The only silver linings from yesterday are Joel scoring his first senior goal and that the result has no baring on the league.

I think blaming the previous management is an easy out. We were still picking up points and beating the teams around us. Most of our defeats had come against teams challenging for the playoffs. The football might not have been great, but it was churning points against teams we were battling towards the bottom of the table. I wouldn't say players were 'allowed' to leave, they were simply offered a lot more money to play for teams that would be challenging for promotion.

Kenzie: Bamber Bridge (NPL Premier)
Liam Buckley & Fenton Green: Leek Town (Probably going to be league winners)
Jack Irlam: Stalybridge (Playoffs)
Joe Woolley: Kidsgrove (Massively fallen off since rocket start to the season - Still in playoff contention)

This is an absolute gutting of the starting lineup from last season. We went from needing one or two players to push into the top half of the table, to needing an essential rebuild.

On a strictly points per game basis this season:

Bow & Goodie: 14 points from 13 games (1.07 ppg)
Interim: 0 points from 3 games
Damian: 2 points from 6 games (0.33 ppg)

Since the management change, we have 2 points from 9 games (0.22 ppg), which sees us bottom of every form table.

If we'd have carried on with the same ppg as we were achieving then we'd be on 23 points, one point above the relegation zone.

With all that being said, we do need to look forward. We have key players coming back from injury. Hopefully Chris McCann can come back and be the calming and dominating presence he was in the centre of the field, allowing Lucas to attack at will. Those were his two best games of the season against Avro & Hednesford.
Andreas Bianga has looked solid in his couple of appearances.
Joel Jones looks like he has an eye for goal and has gotten in behind the opposition more times than anyone in his limited game time since his debut vs Nantwich.

Against Prescot, it felt like it was almost clicking in the 2nd half and we made the team 2nd in the league look bang average. I just hope it clicks before it's too late.

Hopefully we can make use of whatever Boost the Budget funds we have left and Damian can use any contacts to bolster the side with a couple of loans.

We still have to play Trafford twice and Hednesford once, which will be three massive games that go towards deciding our fate.

All is not lost, however we do need to regain confidence and get out of this rut as soon as possible.

I genuinely thought the atmosphere last night was much more subdued from previous encounters and that both sets of supporters got behind their teams. I am a neutral when it comes to the two clubs and enjoyed a good game which obviously like many of you have mentioned Vics were the better team on the night. I do think that if there is to be a successful green side of Northwich then both teams would need to find a solution and join together as attendances are falling for both teams and it would make more sense to try and deliver a better budget as one. Unfortunately you will always get an element of supporter at every club that doesn't display or hold the values of the majority but its whats in the best interest of the town and the genuine supporters that surely matters the most and at the end of the day one club makes more sense.

find a solution and join together as attendances are falling for both teams
I'd walk away before sharing a terrace with them.

Besides - 1000+ for the actual derby vs Witton says otherwise.

Also, on facebook Simmo points out Ossett - where the merger was marketed as supercharging attendances by combining the two towns teams. This season they're lower than the two previous clubs last season combined.

Adding Vics 50 fans to our 250 is hardly going to be noticed.

1704910258128.png

Why don't people put their names to the posts????
If you have anything to say then say it, don't hide behind a ,........... silly name.

If it is negative then put a resolution to your point.

Thank you. . Please!!

All is not lost. Look at our fortunes. We've gone from conceding goals for fun to conceding one in the last four and collecting 12 points along the way.
I think you all know its going to be tough but if you don't start scoring goals then I'm afraid you will struggle.

Tough, tough times but stop taking it out in the board and previous managers.

We are a tiny fish in a big league. Bow and Goodie weren’t daft - if there had been the players available who would come to us and not clubs with better facilities or more money, they would have signed them. Also, bad man-management? How many players did we see returning to play for them? Seemed to me like players were always very loyal to them.
We have a board working their arses off under really challenging conditions - put yourself forward if you think you could do it.
Damian must be wondering what the hell he’s walked into, but he needs support not griping. You can’t blame the guy for any of this. He’s got a virtually impossible job - players jumping ship, injuries, low morale. Sniping at him isn’t going to help anyone.
Finally… so Vics won this time. All the local teams go through ups and downs. I’m sure I speak for most of us when I say no matter what, I’d rather be part of 1874 than them any day! Just look at their social media posts - no class. They have a manager who only does post match interviews when they win, or just blames the referee every time - no class. Look at how some of their fans behave - no class. Still no one is quite sure how the whole thing is financed - no transparency.
Let’s hold our heads up. It’s a rubbish season, whatever happens we’ll move forward as an honest club with a great set of supporters, hard working volunteers and a board who only want the best for everyone.

I’ll start by saying I didn’t attend last night so I can’t moment on the performance, however the above comments all seem to cover that.

I do however echo comments about how poor the squad is, this is possibly one of the weakest squads I’ve seen from a 74 point of view. Some of the players we’ve had in the last few seasons have been good enough to play in this league and maybe the league above but we’ve let them go or they’ve left because of poor man management on the previous managers part. Harry Cain, I’d have him back at the club in a heartbeat, always looked dangerous, wanting to drive the ball forward, Jake Parker could always create something and what a player on his day. DC has shown that the club has the ability to recruit players and the players he’s brought in have been a a big improvement to the team. If we go down this season which is looking more and more likely the only people to blame are goody and bowyer. Excuse after excuse on why the club can’t recruit, “small budget” “only attract young inexperienced players” all of them excuses now are showing as absolute incompetencies, the mistake we made was keeping them after last season ended. They should have gone, heads held high that we remained in the division after an incredibly poor second half of the season and then allowed and new manager to come in and build a squad that was good to improve our stature and not decrease it.

In my opinion from the games I’ve watched since DC has come in, performances have improved, we just lack the cutting edge.

COYG
Harry Cain dislocated his shoulder in our first game in the NPL and never played for us again - but that had nothing to do with any issues with the management team. Far from it.

He did start last season with Albion but again his work / personal commitments resulted in him leaving them.

As for Jake, the reason why he left the club are well known - young family and increasing work and personal commitments

Tough, tough times but stop taking it out in the board and previous managers.

We are a tiny fish in a big league. Bow and Goodie weren’t daft - if there had been the players available who would come to us and not clubs with better facilities or more money, they would have signed them. Also, bad man-management? How many players did we see returning to play for them? Seemed to me like players were always very loyal to them.
We have a board working their arses off under really challenging conditions - put yourself forward if you think you could do it.
Damian must be wondering what the hell he’s walked into, but he needs support not griping. You can’t blame the guy for any of this. He’s got a virtually impossible job - players jumping ship, injuries, low morale. Sniping at him isn’t going to help anyone.
Finally… so Vics won this time. All the local teams go through ups and downs. I’m sure I speak for most of us when I say no matter what, I’d rather be part of 1874 than them any day! Just look at their social media posts - no class. They have a manager who only does post match interviews when they win, or just blames the referee every time - no class. Look at how some of their fans behave - no class. Still no one is quite sure how the whole thing is financed - no transparency.
Let’s hold our heads up. It’s a rubbish season, whatever happens we’ll move forward as an honest club with a great set of supporters, hard working volunteers and a board who only want the best for everyone.
Well said Kit!

Let’s get things in perspective.

If we do go down then we’ll start the 2024/25 season at the same level as we were 10 years ago. And we are playing in Northwich.

Compare that to another club based a few miles away…..😂😉

Back