• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thatcham.

Tez

That is exactly what I was just thinking, the last 10 mins there was only one side looking to score.9 is goal scorer similar to Grimshaw at Charnock but has a better alround game. He will need watching Very carefully on Saturday. But its Very dooable.

Having watched the video still think the penalty was harsh. He seems to be going down before he gets to Jona.
I believe its the same officials next week.

Having watched the video still think the penalty was harsh. He seems to be going down before he gets to Jona.
I believe its the same officials next week.
Alan, having looked at it about 4 times I decided the ref did get it right and to be fair Wayne has said the same thing. However... Please don't accuse me of being racist but the white liner was a complete and utter waste of space. As far as I could see he did not make a single decision, even on throw ins and he was not up to the required standard. He let a blatant (2 yard) off side by Thatcham go. I have no problems with the ref and the other liner but he should not be let out at any level let alone Vase semi final

What about the penalty shout first half in front of our fans looked nailed on to me

What about the penalty shout first half in front of our fans looked nailed on to me
I thought it was a foul on Scotty, but it looked outside the box to me. Thought ref might pull it back for a free kick after Sam shot.

Think I owe Greg an apology as well now I've watched the highlights . Mainly routine saves with a couple of more than decent ones.

I thought it was a foul on Scotty, but it looked outside the box to me. Thought ref might pull it back for a free kick after Sam shot.

Think I owe Greg an apology as well now I've watched the highlights . Mainly routine saves with a couple of more than decent ones.

Definite foul. If that wasn’t I’m not sure what is, but it did look outside the box. He didn’t even play advantage, he just didn’t see it as a foul. The liner on our side had a perfect view but as Richard said, he was genuinely useless. I don’t mean that he made bad decisions, he just didn’t make ANY decisions. Everything came through the ref. The liner might as well as stayed at home.

To be fair Edge my initial recollection of the game didn’t give the lads the credit they deserved for their defensive efforts yesterday when the footage quite clearly shows different, so you’re not alone ;):D

Having watched the footage, I think the ref probably got the pen decision right for them, although it was a bit soft.

I was virtually in line with the penalty area and the foul (yes, a clear foul) on Scotty was about 6 inches outside, I reckon. I notice the highlights didn't manage to capture that bit of the action ;) though to be fair to the cameraman I reckon that pillar would have been perfectly placed (as were the ref and that waste of time running up and down our line).

All in all I thought the ref was reasonable, especially considering he had to do two jobs in one half of the pitch.

Yesterdays Gate at Thatcham was bigger than Morecambe's home gate in Division Two,not bad for a Dog and Duck team.

Back