• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thatcham.

Anybody got any idea why we are taking around a hundred less to thatcham than we took to Leighton, very strange
See you all tomorrow

Possibly the fact that Thatcham weren’t especially fast in communicating their match day arrangements, there was much (not unnaturally in my view) speculation as to what numbers we might receive and in turn the nuts & bolts of who might be eligible. Possibly some fans who might have considered travelling figured they were unlikely to get tickets and so opted to work/make other arrangements? The unfortunate scenes at Leighton may also have put some off too? Thatcham for most ‘74’ers is a reasonably long trip.

Take your pick as to the possible reason Phil. Anyway we will be there, so will you along with many others :scarf:

According to elite riff raff on twitter some tickets have been purchased by people ringing up Thatcham directly (not sure whether that includes our fans or just theirs) but that could mean that we have more people going than it may seem

There will apparently be segregation in operation, Alan, so you'll get your wish.

Or maybe that means keeping us all away from the drum? ;)

Phil do we actually know how many we took to Leighton?
It may well be that we are taking a similar amount tomorrow

Definately more than 270 at Leighton from what I saw

For those that are going tomorrow can we all try to stay together wherever we stand. There is security and police I know but would hate any of us to be isolated

Just a thought.

Staying together we’ll make more noise too ;):D

WE ARE 74 !!!! :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Probably 500 at Leighton.

I’d take a guess at the reason it’s less at Thatcham due to man reasons.

- non members assuming tickets are all gone

- there’s a second leg

- Leighton was our first proper bag away day

Reactions: Tez
Just want to confirm that segregation is in operation tomorrow (today!). The ground capacity has been reduced so that this is possible. There will be a number of Police and Stewards on hand to ensure all supporters can enjoy the occasion.

They have advised that anyone without a ticket, will not be admitted. Anyone trying to bring alcohol in, will not be allowed entry and anyone who is drunk, will also have to 'sit it out', probably down the road somewhere.

I am happy about all this, given the issues we had in the last round.

Loud and proud everyone!!

It's snowing in thatcham but not enough to settle yet I am told

It's snowing in thatcham but not enough to settle yet I am told
Where's the "unlike" button when you need it?
Gutted I'm not going today, will be at the second leg.
Good luck to everyone today, enjoy the game.
Huge thanks to the lads for getting us this far and endless thanks go to our fantastic board and band of volunteers who have worked so very hard behind the scenes to organise all of this, without you we would have no club.....thank you all so very much.

Great words there G2.

Whatever the result, today is going to be a special day (as hopefully next week will be too ;)). At the start of the season we could only have dreamed of playing in the semi-finals of a national competition so early in the club’s short history. Let’s all enjoy the occasion and cheer on the lads, whether that be on the terraces or (reluctantly:() following progress on social media. Only positive vibes allowed on Super Semi-Final Vase Day :D

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Safe journey to all from a blustery but currently dry Dorset. Hoping for a snow-free A34 after lunch. See you there. :scarf:

Reactions: Tez
Well that was cold! And a rather flat performance I thought in the end. They might regret not taking any of their chances, though, and much credit to Greg for keeping us in the game in the first half. I think there might just be a possibility to create a bit more atmosphere next Saturday, too, so I am hoping the fans can play their part in reeling in that one goal deficit.

Was theirs a penalty? Too far away to judge, but there didn't seem too many long complaints. Should we have had one? I think the challenge on Scott was just outside the area, but I am surprised the ref didn't pull it back for the foul after Sam Hind's shot. They are another of those "big" teams in defence, so I think we will need to get round them more and play through them more to create some chances - which on a couple of occasions we (nearly) did. But they also seemed to get all the second balls today, which didn't help, and we never really tested their keeper.

And how useless was that linesman? I don't think he made a single decision all game without waiting to see what the ref gave.

The most positive thing? Getting back home within an hour. Slowly thawing out.

:scarf:

Satisfied with the result given the performance. Agree with Alan we were a bit flat today and other than a 20 minute period in the first half they really deserved the slender lead.
All to play for now and surely not much motivation required
See everyone Tuesday

Satisfied with the result given the performance. Agree with Alan we were a bit flat today and other than a 20 minute period in the first half they really deserved the slender lead.
All to play for now and surely not much motivation required
See everyone Tuesday

Although it was only a 15-20 minute spell, it looked like we had goals in us during it. Sam H was a major outlet. He’s big and physical for a wide man. Could maybe use him a bit more centrally?

Shame we couldn’t keep it up but it IS just a slender lead.

Shout out to Greg and the liner. One was great, one wasn’t.

Back