• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thatcham 2nd Leg Thread (24th March)

I’m more than delighted with the present squad if they decided to give it another season with us Ste :scarf:
Speaking of which, with all the games coming up how are our options looking with the squad.
Noticed Sam Freakes didn't feature against Barnoldswick....work/Left?
Believe Jack Woolley resigned but not seen him yet?
And what happened to the young lad who signed (apparently!?) the same time as Rory Fallon. We had a little clip on twitter of him running the defence ragged but he's yet to materialise!...changed his mind?
Presume we are always looking for any handy additions....desperately need a second option to Scotty up front, someone who's got pace........ but where do you find one of those at this time of year!!

With Sam H, Adam, Taylor and Ryan J, we’re not too badly off for wide men. I guess Jack Woolley and Josh Winthrop are more likely to be called upon if there are injuries. There’s also Shelton Payne.

Josh was on the bench last week (Winsford?) I think.

As for strikers, we registered one on Friday. Maybe not pacey but certainly knows where the goal is! I’m guessing that was to make sure we have bases covered.

Nicki, just imagine a team with not only MVB at centre forward but with BoGo in defence! We would be bound to win as the opposition would still be rolling around the floor laughing!
I agree with so much of what has already been said. Thatcham deserved to win - they were the better team over the two legs and that third goal was as classy as i have seen at this level. It is just a shame that they shammed injury to slow the game down and Ekow went down under the least touch in both ties. As to the way he went off supposedly injured yesterday...(but I would be more than happy to have him in our team).
The ref yesterday had a curates egg for me. I thought he was generally good but - was the first goal a free kick? - it looked a perfectly good tackle to me; why did he not give the penalty until the liner waved so vehemently? Why did he not book their captain (I think) when he nearly cut Ryan in two? Did any of the above make any difference to the result - only the first one.
However. I am proud of what the team, management and supporters did over the two legs and wish Thatcham well in the final against Stockton (which raises an interesting question, why did I not want us to get Marske in the semis????

They can keep Ekow but Shane Cooper-Clarke would slot nicely into any team in this league. Class player, who also largely managed to stay on his feet whilst those around him were tumbling at the slightest breath on them.

That goal was brilliant and effectively sealed the tie.

@Blackie

Our squad options by position:

GK: Hall, Spencer & Robertson

RB: Connor, Lever & Mitch (Goody)
CB: Mitch, Pritch, DT, Meads & Lever (Bows)
LB: Jacko, Russy & Woods

Wings: Kennerley, Whitlock, Hind, R.Jackson, Joe Woolley, Winthrop, Jack Woolley, Payne, Kazim

CM: Woolley, Jones, Parker, Fallon, Clayton, Kazim, Lever

ST: McGowan, Riley, Hind, Brandon, Richards, Haughton (If hes about)

Apologies if ive missed anyone.

@Blackie

Our squad options by position:

GK: Hall, Spencer & Robertson

RB: Connor, Lever & Mitch (Goody)
CB: Mitch, Pritch, DT, Meads & Lever (Bows)
LB: Jacko, Russy & Woods

Wings: Kennerley, Whitlock, Hind, R.Jackson, Joe Woolley, Winthrop, Jack Woolley, Payne, Kazim

CM: Woolley, Jones, Parker, Fallon, Clayton, Kazim, Lever

ST: McGowan, Riley, Hind, Brandon, Richards, Haughton (If hes about)

Apologies if ive missed anyone.
Cheers Jack. :D

I rated their big number 10 as well, Gavin James is it? He held the ball up brilliantly and was a nightmare for our defenders which allowed Cooper-Clark space to do whatever he wanted

Reactions: Ben
Back