• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thatcham 2nd Leg Thread (24th March)

Only a bit of banter on your part Paul,but a lot of jealousy on Red White's side must be very bitter.

What can be worse than watching your team fall at the final valiant hurdle of an amazing cup run?
Breaking down on the way there and having to follow it on twitter and the forum chatline, that's what. :( But thanks to those who provided the updates. :)

Echo all the sentiments above - a fantastic achivement by our toddler club to reach the last 4, now the only way to match that in the second half of our season is to start harvesting some league points and get ourselves into the top 2. :scarf:

Massive well done to the lads, management team and board members.
Sometimes you’ve just got to throw your hands up and say you were beaten by the better side, they did a really professional job and effectively killed the game at the start of each half.
We didn’t play like we can over the two legs but I think a lot of credit has to go to Thatcham who didn’t allow us to.
One thing for certain with this team is it won’t have been through a lack of effort.
Thatcham are a very good side, fair play, good luck in the final.
PS. Did the liner flag offside for their second goal but the ref overruled it?

Yes - the liner flagged for something but it was over-ruled. To be fair though, the liner making any kind of decision was progress from the first leg!

Not the result we wanted, but it wasn't to be. That said, let's ask ourselves a question. How proud of this club can we be after today? I think it's fair to say the answer would be very proud. Sometimes it's not all about what happens on the pitch (and anyone from the green side knows about all too well, for the wrong reasons in years gone by), but for once it's for the right reasons. Near 1,700 at our game today, it shows there's a future for a team in green in our town. As gutting as it was to lose today, it was great to enjoy the fact that we managed to get so far when so few expected us to do so. We've still got the league to play, let's go after that!

There's a certain man watching from above that would've been proud of this club today.

They were a great side and it was probably a step too far. They deserve to be in the final. We seemed to feel the nerves and they didn’t.
I can’t believe what an amazing job our management team have done, they started the season with a similar squad to last year but got them playing some great football and brought an infectious positivity. We’ve had a great run, raised the profile of the club and got money in the bank. Never forget, especially with last night’s news from the other green team, that we have great people running our club and we are doing things the right way.
Pressure off now, we’ve got lots of games but the players should just go out there and enjoy it and try and get us as high up the table as possible.

No complaints on the results or on the effort of our players. Thatcham hit us with two goals at significant times and for me that proved to be our downfall. Their forward line were clinical and posed problems for our defence.

So on we go to the roller-coaster of the league. Our players need to forget this now and see what can be achieved by utilising our squad to get maximum points over the next 5 weeks or so. I'm sure Goody and Bowes have it all planned out.

See everyone tomorrow

The gate was fantastic.

In 2007 Trophy Semi Final, there was 2,200 there, that including 900 Kidderminister fans. So the fact that 1,600 Northwich fans was in the ground yesterday is quite honestly astonishing. It shows the interest is well and truely there.

In 5 years we’ve gone from 150 people sat in a room in Lostock having a vote to an FA Vase Semi Final infront of a massive crowd. Can’t grumble at that

It’s an amazing achievement! With the success the club has had, its easy to forget just how young we are.

And well done to all those who put the effort in over the last week making sure as many Northwich people as possible knew about the game.

If the season were to end tomorrow, we’d all reflect on some great memories, some marvellous achievements and a renewed sense of pride - if having more pride after yesterday were physically possible.

We still have a tough tough fight ahead chasing promotion. If we fall at the last hurdle, it won’t be for the want of effort on the part of the playing squad, management, Board, owners and fans. :scarf:

For all our detractors (surprisingly few) on social media, you’d move heaven and earth to experience days like we had yesterday (and at Thatcham last week). No one can take that away from us.

We have our club and we will always have our club, because we do things the RIGHT way.

I think there needs to be a major overhalll of the squad...
;) It was a dream to be in that position yesterday. Thatchan I thought knew their position , coming with a lead and played the game tactically. If the first wouldn't have gone in so soon in both games - but if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle..
Great attendance for a great club and hopefully, we have raised the profile enough to get a few more through the turnstiles in the future :scarf:

Yesterday we showed as a young Club run solely by fans that we could organise and manage a Very high stake non league.game.. I personally was Very proud to see our fans stay and applaud Thatcham off the field after there celebrations with such an appreciation that we had just been beaten by a team putting in a better performance over 2 matches.A big thank you to all the board members and volunteers, some who didnt see much of yesterdays game, for all the extra work that enabled the game and occasion to go so smoothly.On Monday the players now need our support more than ever in what will be one our toughest.league matches to come.so lets get to Bootle and get our 2nd win there this season.

Back