• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thatcham 2nd Leg Thread (24th March)

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Thought we met aswell get a fit of a build up thread going.

How are ticket sales going? Anyone got a vague number?

How many we all expecting to be there?

I'm hoping for a 1000+ crowd..... not sure how many Thatcham will bring (similar numbers to us?)

Very much doubt they will bring many, with an average attendance of just 114 I think that the away end will be sparsely populated.
I'm hoping for 1150+ to win a bet. Actually more confident of the bet than the result!
Whatever the outcome What a Season:scarf:

So is the stand on the right from turnstiles our seating area all the way along ?

As I understand it, 1874 are using the turnstiles at the Wincham end (the turnstiles nearest the groundstaff workshop). This gives 1874 the standing area round from the turnstiles to the segregation gates and the largest portion of the stand seating which will be on your left as you come out of the turnstiles. Does that make sense?

Their manager stated in his interview after the game that if they take half as many to Cheshire as 1874 brought to Thatcham he'll be happy.

I'll guess at 100-150 coming.

Hope I’m wrong, but i’d be surprised to see 100 tin the Away end to be honest.

I agree Tez,100 in one 1/3 of the ground and 1000+ in the other 2/3rd's
When we get our own ground I suggest a bar queuing system like Leighton and an adjustable segregation system!

Would love to see over 1000 there
I’ve got 5 of my work mates from Crewe coming down,

Show them what a great Team and supporters we are !
Let’s make some noise and cheer the team on from start to finish !!
COYG

Reactions: pdw
Yes down the penny black for a few then round the popular side, lots of noise needed.
See you all saturday
Coyg

Where will the ERR be based, half way line, behind goal or both for each half?

Also have we had any indication if the low life's will make the trip up with the genuine Thatcham supporters?
The security [ presumably at great expense ] at Thatcham was excellent, several 'low lifes' were turned away by the police and the expected violence was snuffed out.
Have/do we need to take measures to ensure the biggest day in our history is incident free?
I very much doubt that even a single steward will be necessary for both sets of genuine fans, but it will only take a few 'low life's' to taint the day and our reputation.

Last edited:
Where will the ERR be based, half way line, behind goal or both for each half?

For this one I think we will be on the halfway. Getting outside for about 2ish, and need as many as possible to come and join us in making a load of noise. The support has been fantastic this year, but lets all give it one big push to get WP rocking tomorrow.

Half way it is after a visit to the PB, I would also be surprised if the Reading idiots travelled.
COYG
See you all tomorrow.

For this one I think we will be on the halfway. Getting outside for about 2ish, and need as many as possible to come and join us in making a load of noise. The support has been fantastic this year, but lets all give it one big push to get WP rocking tomorrow.

Also hoping to be up there for 2pm along with my father-in-law (a longstanding Swansea City ST holder who saw us beat WD&C at home earlier in the season) and grandad (a Northwich fan for well over half a century). They say us Valleys lot have a good set of lungs and vocal chords, so happy to swell the ERR numbers around the halfway line. Anyone else know Hymns and Arias?! :D:scarf:

Fair to say I think our Board and the various authorities are making every effort to ensure things run as smoothly as possible.

One thing we should bear in mind is that there will be one set of distraught players tomorrow. Fingers crossed it isn't ours but if it is then we shouldn't head home early sulking. Stay and show appreciation for such a monumental run in the competition. It would hurt more for them than us. If we win..............

Back