• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thatcham 2nd Leg Thread (24th March)

“We have the advantage & I am convinced my team will create chances.
We will not be sitting back; that is not my style."
- @Thatcham_TownFC boss Danny Robinson urging his side to play without fear in their #FAVase 2nd leg & take the #Kingfishers to Wembley
twitter.com/NonLeagueNews/…

Nice to read those words from the Thatcham boss. Should suit our counter attacking just nicely.

One thing we should bear in mind is that there will be one set of distraught players tomorrow. Fingers crossed it isn't ours but if it is then we shouldn't head home early sulking. Stay and show appreciation for such a monumental run in the competition. It would hurt more for them than us. If we win..............

Much in the same vain. The game plan is going to go wrong for one of the teams tomorrow; one of us isn’t necessarily going to hit the ground running. Both players and fans might get a little frustrated and nervy. Let’s do our bit on the terraces for 90 (possibly 120 :confused:) minutes and get behind the lads one hundred percent from start to finish. :scarf:

We’ve come a long way as a club in a short space of time and If our “finest hour” draws to a close tomorrow, let’s remember what they’ve put in all season and not just the previous hour and a half ;)

One thing we should bear in mind is that there will be one set of distraught players tomorrow. Fingers crossed it isn't ours but if it is then we shouldn't head home early sulking. Stay and show appreciation for such a monumental run in the competition. It would hurt more for them than us. If we win..............

1000%!
Whatever the result, our players and management team have given us so much to be proud of. Week after week after week.

We celebrate, having the most wonderful little club in world

Good luck today boys !!
go out and do what you’ve been doing all season
Give 100 % each and everyone of you.
Keep playing the good football and that with never say die attitude to the final whistle!!

Then “ que sera sera “

All the best boys and we will give you 100 % from the terraces!!

Good luck k to everybody today. Fans, management, board members, volunteers and of course the players.
Whatever the result have a great day and make it a day to remember.

Same line up or does Rory, Ryan or Adam deserve a place after the performances midweek?

Last edited:
My nerves are gone, heart rate and blood pressure are through the roof already and we're still 3 and a half hours from kick off!

Good luck today lads, it's been a great season regardless, so many moments where we can be really proud of our club. Hopefully we will have another one today!

WE ARE '74, SAY WE ARE '74! :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Good luck today lads, give it 100% we can ask no more.....absolutely fantastic to have got this far....go for it, if we do it great, if not have no regrets.
Huge shout out again to the board and ALL our fabulous volunteers without you today would never have happened, try and enjoy the game......quite simply you are ALL superb....Thank You from the top and bottom of heart

If you’d said to me last 12 month ago we’d be in the FA Vase Semi Final infront of 1,700 people I’d have taken the glue you were sniffing away from you ;)

Awesome achievement, what a job the team, management and board have all done.

Now, we’ve got a league to win ;)

Early goals in each leg did too much damage but hey, like Andy said, who would have thought this 12 months ago.
Need to get back to the bread and butter now and get those league points going.
And who knows, theres still a "little" mid cheshire cup to go at yet.
Well done all. :D.

Best team won and good luck Thatcham in the final. That said I am so proud of our boys and what they have achieved this season. To have played more FA Cup matches than any other team including the eventual winners, and have got to the Vase Semi Final speaks volumes for the talented squad we have. We have a realistic chance of finishing second in the league and an outside chance of winning it since Linnets seem to have gone off the boil a bit recently. So still a lot to play for.

Better team won over the two legs. They're a very good side. Best team we've played this season. I'll back them to win it now.

We weren't at our best today but fair play to the lads, we didn't give up. It just wasn't to be. But what a cup run. The lads, management and board should be proud. A remarkable achievement to get as far as far as we have done in a national competition. Well done all. Time to focus on the league now!

Great crowd also. Up the 74! :scarf:

They scored at exactly the right moments and if we had got level early in the game, it might have been a different result
Thought we didn’t handle the nerves very well and didn’t play like we can do
Their support was embarrassing for a semi final leg with a goal advantage
Proud of what the lads have done and a great crowd today

Back