• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Runcorn Linnets v 1874 - Tue 13th Sept

Firstly Runcorn...different team same old cheating shites!
Fifty fifty slide tackle by both and the big lad rolls around screaming like a girl....no trainer needed and a miracle recovery when the red was shown! Chaps is actually the one with stud marks down his leg!!
Exactly like last year!! Hate them with a passion .......once is bad enough but they are taking the piss now!!

Now for the good stuff...
The team tonight were amazing!!. Can see the point about chaps, did look out of place, but the changes by Streety were spot on!
Every man did his bit (or should that be lot!?), and that's a fantastic result considering we were tackling the usual 12 men!
A special mention for Matt Woolley, ran his socks off, mopped up so many attacks and gave a proper captains performance. That's why he shouldn't play centre defence!!
Could be a huge result and point at the end of the season. Feeling very proud at the moment.
"We are top of the league"

I have to say that from where I was it looked like a straight red (make your own minds up tomorrow), if it had been the other way round we would have wanted the same. We all know how you like to disagree with Ians tactics Andy but to blame him for Chappies tackle is a little lame mate.
I thought taking off Scotty was a good tactic and Stu probably had his best half of football this season. We are top of the league - and looking VERY hard to beat now.
Right, I'm off on me hols now so after I've done this game I'll leave 1874TV in the capable hands of young Mr Riding for a couple of weeks. Toodle-oo!

I don't blame street for the tackle, I just making the point if Stu was on the right instead, and chappie was in the middle like on the brilliant performance on Saturday, would we have gone down to 10? Just putting it out there on a discussion board, heard a few people say it in the ground. Our right side has been on fire, Stu and Connors have linked up so well, just seems mental to change that.

Come away with a point though can't complain, to escape the usual linnets late winner was good too see.

Last edited:
Fantastic by the lads to-night,but when a player pretends to be badly hurt and then gets up not needing treatment when the opposing player is red carded,regardless of the tackle it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Wasn't a red from where I was stood - looked 50/50 and both players slid in. Whoever got the ball was always going to get caught.
What it looked like from a different seems to be totally different.

Anyway, a good point given the circumstances.

Good point given the circumstances. 60-70 minutes with 10 men, at Linnet's ground, a draw is a good result. We dug in towards the end, but good to see we held on. Even when we were down to 10, we still created chances and posed a threat going forward. As I said, good point.

Apprantly Streety has said he wasn't Suprised with the red card more disappointed with the disallowed goal than anything.

Good result overall. Not sure on the dismissal, from where I was it wasn't a red but maybe the camera will give us a better view.

Baileys goal should have stood, even I could see that from the far end! Linnets will be Linnets and we should know their game by now and not play into their hands (or th erefs).

A good point in the end which puts us top which hopefully the players and management will work hard to preserve.

I have to say that from where I was it looked like a straight red (make your own minds up tomorrow), if it had been the other way round we would have wanted the same. We all know how you like to disagree with Ians tactics Andy but to blame him for Chappies tackle is a little lame mate.
I thought taking off Scotty was a good tactic and Stu probably had his best half of football this season. We are top of the league - and looking VERY hard to beat now.
Right, I'm off on me hols now so after I've done this game I'll leave 1874TV in the capable hands of young Mr Riding for a couple of weeks. Toodle-oo!
Replying to my own posts now!
Just had a good look and slowed it down and I take it back, 50/50 challenge and Chappies feet were down - if anything the Linnets player's foot was raised so he should have gone too. Both players should have been booked as they were reckless, that's all imo.
Ref sees it once as a neutral and unfortunately for us got it wrong I feel.

Two players giving it 100% on a greasy pitch. Nothing more.

Replying to my own posts now!
Just had a good look and slowed it down and I take it back, 50/50 challenge and Chappies feet were down - if anything the Linnets player's foot was raised so he should have gone too. Both players should have been booked as they were reckless, that's all imo.
Ref sees it once as a neutral and unfortunately for us got it wrong I feel.

Appeal? If the video is conclusive enough along with the pics he's taken of his leg.

Always a good laugh on here after our games .

A great draw against an awful Linnets side? How does that work??

And your own managers come out and said the red was the correct decision and it was right in front of him.

Some of you guys are as blinkered as they come. It was always Whitey. He's long gone and the squads completely different and play a different style, yet you still think that when your lads are throwing tackles in we aren't allowed to feel the slightest discomfort.

I noticed you haven't mentioned the penalty we should of had first half or Gregs timewasting for the last 40 minutes? Or is that ok because it's one of your lads?

Great game tonight, enthralling and I can't wait until the return fixture.

Always a good laugh on here after our games .

I noticed you haven't mentioned the penalty we should of had first half or Gregs timewasting for the last 40 minutes? Or is that ok because it's one of your lads?

Yes :)

And it did look a penalty to me.

The draw was the right result in my opinion all things considered although we had the few better chances. Still much more to come from us, we had no squad 7 weeks ago so to be competing again is unbelievable. Your the strongest you have been in your history, but in my opinion there's still something lacking that's stopping you from being a really top side. However the strength has spread across 6 or 7 teams this year so it's a great chance to have a real go at it!

Forgot about the disallowed goal - looked like a Linnets player played the ball to Tom to me.
Just leave his here as well - https://1874northwich.com/table/2016-17/

Waving that in our face doesn't prompt any reaction I can assure you. We've been top for most of the last 3 seasons, but it only counts for anything late April!

We were the better team for about 75 minutes and linnets only looked good towards the end as our players tired. We played all of the decent football whereas they played mostly kick and rush with long balls over the top.
Worth noting that the red card incident was the first foul we committed in the match. It happened right in front of where I was standing. It was definitely a 50/50 challenge but with their player acting like a dying swan the ref went for a red card too quickly imho. The linesman was much better placed to see what had happened and I think if the ref had had the sense to go and talk to him and take a breath before reaching for a card he would have realised the reality of what had happened and either yellow carded both players or neither.
Comforting to see though that despite being a player short we were far the better team on the night for most of the match. Their number 11 looked a decent enough player to get into our squad but as for the rest... Once Ryan Jackson is fit again even he wouldn't make it into the team!
Just been reading Andy Simpsons tweets on the match and he keeps saying Linnets were the better team! Well he certainly wasn't watching the same game as me! Linnets were awful. They played the ball around beautifully at the back between their defenders with no pressure on them but once they decided to go forward it invariably all fell apart as they played long balls over the top which in the main were easily dealt with by our defence.

Last edited:
Waving that in our face doesn't prompt any reaction I can assure you. We've been top for most of the last 3 seasons, but it only counts for anything late April!

Wasn't aimed at you Ste - hadn't seen your post when I put it on, that's why my reply to you was a separate post.

I think we're fitter & better organised than ever before & the front 3 are certainly the best we've had.
I think it's going be more than a 2 horse race this season & we'll be up there but not saying we'll win it.

The only thing we were lacking last night was a player
Really disappointed with the ref 2 players slide in 1 gets sent off. Guess which one
Hats off to the lads for the effort put in to get the point

And your own managers come out and said the red was the correct decision and it was right in front of him.
I noticed you haven't mentioned the penalty we should of had first half or Gregs timewasting for the last 40 minutes? Or is that ok because it's one of your lads.
The tackle was right in front of me not streety!, he was about 20 odd, 30yds away!, Couldn't have got a better view if I tried.....never a red! Even the Runcorn fans next to me, after they had shouted for it like everyone else, said it wasn't red!
Its pathetic that such a big lad like him has to roll around like a girl and get a player sent off to gain an advantage and then, within seconds and without the need for a trainer, jump up and jog off once the red is shown!
It's shows the sad spread that of cheating that's coming into non league..and Runcorn are the best at it!!

why wouldn't you time waste playing against 10 men and a bunch of moaning, conning cheats!?

It makes a change you didn't get a dodgey penalty, you have each other year!!

And funny, YOU haven't mentioned the disallowed goal that should have stood!

You are just a bunch of cheats who try to win with any antics you can.
Loved it last year when you got pipped by Colne....at least they play football the right way!

Seemed like a"Mickie White" scream by the No 3 in the tackle, Mickie must have issued all the "Linnet"s lads with a "diploma" on how to sream the loudest to enable to have an opponent sent of !!. The so called "offside" goal was never so, just 5 yards in line from the incident and wth a perfect view, IT WAS NEVER OFFSIDE !!!.

Back