• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Runcorn Linnets v 1874 - Tue 13th Sept

winningtonian

Jul 19, 2016
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lets hope as many as possible make the short trip to cheer the lads on, No pub next to the ground so a few of us are meeting at the Preston brook pub just across the roundabout.

I'm sure Linnets have said they have a licence for tonight's game to sell drinks in the pub next to the ground?

I think the statement was saying that beer would be available in the clubhouse. Not sure about the pub next door.

Gutted I can't make it tonight, properly gutted. I'll be avidly following the updates from a crappy computer screen in Telford. Go and make a load of noise for the lads :scarf:

No pub next to the ground
Eh?

Capture.png

Lets hope as many as possible make the short trip to cheer the lads on, No pub next to the ground so a few of us are meeting at the Preston brook pub just across the roundabout.

Guys.

Just to confirm, Runcorn Linnets have obtained a temporary license for tonight's match to sell alcohol before, at half time of and after tonight's match in our own clubhouse. This is the building where you get your half time refreshments from.

So please pop in and enjoy your drink in our clubhouse then pop down pitch side in time for kick off!

Gutted can't get a lift good luck to the lads tonight hopefully we can take something against our bogey team

As far as i know but they've a Facebook page if you know the name - is it Halton something or other?

74 down to 10
Same old runcorn looked no more than 50/50 linesman is a waste of time
Same old same old here
Still think we can beat them with 10

A good draw against an awful linnets team
Ref and linesmen shockingly biased towards them
Great credit to the lads for a battling performance
11 against 11 there was only one winner
They must practice rolling around

11v11 and we'd have but 3 or 4 past them, to be honest, if we didn't sit back and defend at 1-0 we'd have probably won that game.

As for the red, never a red. Poor chappie should never have been on the right though, he should've been in the middle, with well stead on the right - just like worked so brilliantly... Another one of streets master tactical decisions that backfired

Fantastic point in all though massive credit to the team with 10 men in another seasons we would have collapsed but not this side very happy with the point seeing as Colls lost tonight lets kick on now and pick up 3 more valuable points at Hanley on Saturday

Reactions: pdw
11v11 and we'd have but 3 or 4 past them, to be honest, if we didn't sit back and defend at 1-0 we'd have probably won that game.

As for the red, never a red. Poor chappie should never have been on the right though, he should've been in the middle, with well stead on the right - just like worked so brilliantly... Another one of streets master tactical decisions that backfired

I have to say that from where I was it looked like a straight red (make your own minds up tomorrow), if it had been the other way round we would have wanted the same. We all know how you like to disagree with Ians tactics Andy but to blame him for Chappies tackle is a little lame mate.
I thought taking off Scotty was a good tactic and Stu probably had his best half of football this season. We are top of the league - and looking VERY hard to beat now.
Right, I'm off on me hols now so after I've done this game I'll leave 1874TV in the capable hands of young Mr Riding for a couple of weeks. Toodle-oo!

Back