• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Promotion permutations

No the ground was okay’d for Vics to play NPL therefore it must be grade E?

All very confusing.
Barnton's press release says grade F - I thought they were given a season to get it up to grade F following their promotion.

And from the mine of info that is the Vics site...
Groundshare
Barnton FC announced on the 17th of June:

We are pleased to announce that @NorthwichVicsFC will be sharing the ground & facilities at Townfield Lane for the 2017/18 season

which was announced a month after the ground grading & around the time of the AGM

As for Widnes, I thought there was a deadline of the 31st March to tell the league where you're playing next season - although the above appears to disprove that.

***Updated after the Darwen Away game***

Max points we can get is 102 (+0) / 15 to play
Max points others can get is:

COL: 92 / 10 to play
Charnock R: 93 / 11 to play
Bootle: 92 / 10 to play
Runcorn T: 98 / 10 to play
Hanley: 93 (-3) / 8 to play
Widnes: 96 / 7 to play
Linnets: 106 / 7 to play

Good day at the office. :scarf:

Last edited:
All very confusing.
Barnton's press release says grade F - I thought they were given a season to get it up to grade F following their promotion.

And from the mine of info that is the Vics site...

which was announced a month after the ground grading & around the time of the AGM

As for Widnes, I thought there was a deadline of the 31st March to tell the league where you're playing next season - although the above appears to disprove that.

Two different grading inspections. NWC graded it first for Barnton to confirm they had met their need for an F grade. Then Evostik graded it for Vics and passed it for an E.

Two different grading inspections. NWC graded it first for Barnton to confirm they had met their need for an F grade. Then Evostik graded it for Vics and passed it for an E.
Mark am I correct in saying even if a ground hasn’t obtained the “E” grade, if a club finishes in the top two (ppg put to one side) they are promoted regardless and then have twelve months to bring said ground up to the required grade or be relegated?

***Updated after the Darwen Away game***

Max points we can get is 102 (+0) / 15 to play

COL: 92 / 10 to play
Runcorn T: 98 / 10 to play
Hanley: 93 (-3) / 8 to play

Good day at the office. :scarf:

Another big week ahead :D

Mark am I correct in saying even if a ground hasn’t obtained the “E” grade, if a club finishes in the top two (ppg put to one side) they are promoted regardless and then have twelve months to bring said ground up to the required grade or be relegated?

Yes. I think Barnton actually has a D which is enough to stay up in the Evostik. E grade has gone for now (probably never to return) so any club with an F (NWC Prem Level) can go up and has until the following March 31st to reach D grade. That should mean anyone in the NWC Prem can go up - and if they can't they should be getting relegated to Div1 for failing grading.

I have no idea what's going on anymore - Neither Widnes nor Barnton have confirmed anything yet have they?

I do know that Widnes are off to Darwen on Thursday night after tonights game was p-p'd

***Updated after the Weds 11 games***

Max points we can get is 102 / 15 to play

COL: 90 (-2) / 9 to play
Runcorn T: 98 (+0) / 9 to play
Hanley: 93 / 8 to play

COL beginning to drop away from the others.

Last edited:
City of Liverpool struggling to stay in the promotion race now, if indeed they hadn’t already been discounted.

***Updated after the Charnock away game***

Max points we can get is 99 (-3) / 14 to play

COL: 90 / 9 to play
Charnock R: 93 / 10 to play
Runcorn T: 98 / 9 to play
Widnes: 96 (+0) / 6 to play

I reckon it’s down to one of three teams for second place. Linnets are almost home and dry... and about time too!

Perhaps getting less relevant given the 74 fixture backlog but here you go:

***Updated after the Sat April 14 games***

Max points we can get is 99 / 14 to play

COL: 90 (+0) / 8 to play
Charnock R: 90 (-3) / 9 to play
Runcorn T: 98 (+0) / 8 to play
Widnes: 96 / 6 to play
Linnets: 106 (+0) / 6 to play

Bad day for CR. Second is a tough ask for them.

Looks like Widnes or Runcorn Town then ....... unless :eek:

Let’s see how Tuesday and Thursday’s away days pan out ;)

Runcorn Town's run-in is not the easiest, with Linnets, Hanley and Charnock all away to come (plus us as well)

Widnes for me. Tough run-in for Town.

They did conceed 6 to Barlick & 2 at Darwen the other night so you never know :)
Their run-in is probably the easiest (on paper), but they do have the Macron Cup to distract them.

Back