• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Promotion permutations

Nicki

Administrator
Forum Staff
Jun 24, 2013
Max points we can get is 109
Max points others can get is:

COL: 94
Charnock R: 96
Bootle: 96
Runcorn T: 100
Hanley: 98
Widnes: 99
Linnets: 110

Gives an indication of the margins we’ve got to play with. The longer we keep those margins the better. Let’s get into the last week still in the mix!

Of course those teams still have games against each other, we have games against some of those teams which will swing things, and they will drop points against others.

Let’s just keep believing this can happen because you know what? It just might!

Last edited:
We can lose 4/5 games and still make the 2nd spot, in my opinion. Bring it on I say!

It’s starting to look as though it will take a ppg in excess of 2.10-20 to sneak inside the top 12. That’s a haul for the season of 95-97 points.

Our task is made much more difficult by having to play 44 games.

It’s starting to look as though it will take a ppg in excess of 2.10-20 to sneak inside the top 12. That’s a haul for the season of 95-97 points.

Our task is made much more difficult by having to play 44 games.

Don't need top 12. 13 spaces is all but rubber stamped, 14 is likely. It could extend to a couple of best thirds too.

Nobody’s confirmed that yet though have they. Imagine finishing 13th and for whatever reason it not being enough :eek:

Sorry, was supposed to insert link only, not sure why the whole thing appears!

Nobody’s confirmed that yet though have they. Imagine finishing 13th and for whatever reason it not being enough :eek:
The FA won't confirm anything until AGM's. Even the league allocations in the summer they publish are subject to AGM approvals.

The only way the 13th will not be confirmed is if the Ossett merger fails. That's not going to happen.

Reactions: Tez
We had a night off tonight so no update on a match. We have seen Linnets lose 3 times in the league this season perhaps it could have happened again if I hadn't chose to watch England and VAR!

Bit of controversy by all accounts... well by Linnets’ accounts anyway. :confused:

So all back in our hands again.....win all our games.....win the league !!!! Simples !?! We do however have to actually play all our games !?!

So all back in our hands again.....win all our games.....win the league !!!! Simples !?! We do however have to actually play all our games !?!
Hmmm ...... good point :confused:

However, some nice points buffers developing ;)

I'd love to think that we could just focus on our own games but reality is, with our schedule, our lads WILL drop points and so we're going to need our rivals to do the same. Still got to get that PPG though and that's nothing to do with our rivals.

Not sure how resignation of Shortwood from Southern Lg West down here (announced today) affects all these permutations, but it shows that all the FA guidance on up/down will need to be taken with a pinch of salt until all the clubs involved have confirmed they are carrying on. Rumours are still rife about Thurrock's demise at the end of the season, with no buyer in sight yet.

I'd love to think that we could just focus on our own games but reality is, with our schedule, our lads WILL drop points and so we're going to need our rivals to do the same. Still got to get that PPG though and that's nothing to do with our rivals.

Have huge respect for our lads, having to complete that backlog in competition with fulltime jobs....

***Updated after AH game***

Max points we can get is 107*
Max points others can get is:

COL: 94
Charnock R: 96
Bootle: 94
Runcorn T: 100*
Hanley: 98*
Widnes: 99
Linnets: 108

Last edited:
We've *just* got to keep it live. The fewer games we have to play and us still be in with a shout then the easier it will get. Kind of.

Back