• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

NPL Watch 23/24

They're gonna be screwed. 6 weeks to find a compliant ground for the rest of the season.

Wonder if there are any players we could 7 day notice 😅

I assume they'll use Widnes for the rest of the season
It doesn't look good for next season though

I assume they'll use Widnes for the rest of the season
It doesn't look good for next season though
Heard a couple of CoL fans on Saturday discussing their situation and they were talking about what might be needed to bring Cammel Lairds Kirklands ground up to NPL Standard.

Heard a couple of CoL fans on Saturday discussing their situation and they were talking about what might be needed to bring Cammel Lairds Kirklands ground up to NPL Standard.
But surely not by the end of March🤔

That was my thought too Tez. But desperate times and all that….
Cammel Lairds have been in our league and the Northern Premier Division not too long ago so it might be that major changes are not required to that ground. Will be interesting to see how it pans out if that’s where COL are going to end up..

Cammel Lairds have been in our league and the Northern Premier Division not too long ago so it might be that major changes are not required to that ground. Will be interesting to see how it pans out if that’s where COL are going to end up..
13/14 when the original Lairds were in the NPL.

Not sure if / how much ground grading changes have affected Kirklands re it’s suitably to stage NPL football. Six weeks to sort things out

13/14 when the original Lairds were in the NPL.

Not sure if / how much ground grading changes have affected Kirklands re it’s suitably to stage NPL football. Six weeks to sort things out
Heard it said it was minimal to get it where it needed to be

Heard it said it was minimal to get it where it needed to be
I’ve read differently in a few places. Only time and the ground grader wil tell I guess. Motors are the latest club to be linked with CoL. Suggestion that they might accommodate until the season ends. All rumours until CoL themselves make an announcement.

Hednesford have moved quickly even at this stage of the season to appoint an experienced manager at this level.

Not sure on him as seems a bit of a journeyman but at least they are acting. We need someone in sooner rather than later. I'd sooner see someone who knows the club and is as enthusiastic about it as we are.

Not sure on him as seems a bit of a journeyman but at least they are acting. We need someone in sooner rather than later. I'd sooner see someone who knows the club and is as enthusiastic about it as we are.
I think that appointment gives 1874 a fighting chance of not finishing bottom.
GE

Meanwhile at the Macc circus…
It looks like Michael Clegg is leaving Rylands to take charge. Possibly the first sensible choice they’ve made

I don't see an issue with it as such. I do think that there should be some sort of a 'give back' though when it's involving huge money like this.

Like on KickStarter, when there are tiers of rewards.
And the Boost the Budget that we had.

Back