• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

NPL Watch 23/24

Seem to recall reading that some of Nantwich unusually low gates were due to the fact that they played some home games at Leek earlier in the season.

Linnets enjoyed a thumping 5-0 home win tonight against a Leek side that dispatched us only a few weeks ago.

We’ve never beat them before and I do think the odds are stacked against us even more than usual on Saturday considering recent form. Football can be a strange game though I guess.

Linnets into the playoffs after win. Kidsgrove drop out. After 6 defeats on the bounce they did well to stay up there for as long as they have.

In form CoL lost to also inform Bridge last night as well

In the Trophy Nantwich beat Chester on pens after a goalless draw & CoL won at Buxton, Josh Quarless with on of their goals

Joe Woolley & Jack Irlam both scored in Kidsgroves draw with Bridge. A late goal denied Grove their first win in 8
Bottom club Hednesford won at Bootle & leaders Prescott hammered Trafford

And after their midweek mauling at Linnets Leek went to Clitheroe & put 4 past them!

After their 4-1 defeat at Leek Witton had conceded one more goal than us
And after last night it’s 5 and in one game fewer

After their 4-1 defeat at Leek Witton had conceded one more goal than us
And after last night it’s 5 and in one game fewer
A few natives at WP getting a bit restless I see. The early season hopes of a nailed on play off place are looking increasingly unlikely.

A couple of interesting stats from Simmo
Zero clean sheets for Witton this season & Witton have gone 1-0 down in 31 of 53 NPL matches played since start of last season.

Leek go top after beating bottom club Hednesford 3-0
Witton improve & only concede 3 in their defeat at Chasetown

And Widnes have their game called off due to a frozen plastic pitch

Witton have conceded the most goals in the league, we’ve scored the least

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any conspiracy theorists want to give their take on this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back