• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

New Keeper?????

Very disappointed to read that we have signed this player. His antics in the FA Vase game were nothing short of disgraceful towards our fans and his tweets afterwards were also not pleasant. He will have to do a lot to convince me he's the right man to play for our club, imo we shouldn't be associating ourselves with a player who conducts himself in this way, regardless of his ability.
On the day he took abuse after abuse!. I presume you either gave some or were near enough when others were.
Do you just expect every player to take crap and not respond!!.?
Get over it, emotions can run high in a game.
If he's as good as they reckon, I for one welcome his arrival.
And for the record, haven't our players given opposing fans abuse!?, should we get rid of them?

I'm surprised that 1874 have signed Greg Hall. In 40 years of watching football from European Club Competitions right down to North West Counties his behaviour that afternoon was the worst I've ever seen. It was a lot more than abuse coming from the terraces and his antics made me walk away from the game. I didn't want continue to witnessing the vile language and threats being made. In my opinion he crossed a line of decent behaviour. I don't support 1874 but come along to their games however I'm not sure I'll continue to do this if this is the type of player they want.

In defence of Ian Street I'm sure Halls behaviour towards 1874 fans that afternoon wasnt probably seen from his position.
If that's the worse you can't have been to many matches in that 40yrs!!
And you seem to have a strong opinion on the matter considering we are not you club!
Greg will undoubtedly improve our staff.....perhaps that's what's bothering you so much!?

What a joke - i think everyone is going on about Hall ( and in my view he isn't welcome). We should be asking the question why conks has left, this isn't about form and the manager knows it!
It's a convenient cover that we are questioning Halls signing.

For me it is about form, he has made several mistakes recently hasn't looked focused. The walkabouts are becoming a bit of a liability. There is no conspiracy. It's funny how two new members have suddenly spring up to cause trouble. Having said that, we are all grateful for everything Conks has done.

If that's the worse you can't have been to many matches in that 40yrs!!
And you seem to have a strong opinion on the matter considering we are not you club!
Greg will undoubtedly improve our staff.....perhaps that's what's bothering you so much!?
For the record I'm not bothered how he improves 1874 I support Wrexham so it makes no difference to my team. I watch loads of live football and have attended hundreds of games. I come to watch 1874 because they are a local fans run club who I feel would welcome other fans. My view is an honest assessment and it was awful behaviour from him. I've no hidden agenda. I think the true test is how he behaves from this point. The ball is in his court.

and I read that this was a tough decision, but the first of many... if the changes are to improve the quality of the squad, then I applaud what Ian is doing.... we were gutted when Adam Foy got injured and couldn't continue playing... then we got Chappie!!

Must have been a tough decision, but we had the 2nd best keeper in the league... now we have the best one!

Good luck to Conks wherever he will end up playing!

I heard a lot of moaning at start of season about how many glossop players were available and we hadn't signed any!!...well now we have.
Quality is quality t the end of the day!.

Greg Hall is tapped, and I mean seriously tapped, your going to have to keep an eye on him as I have never know such a volatile player, but he is a top class keeper at this level and, harsh but simply true, much better than your outgoing keeper. You have just signed yourself an extra 9-12 points a season.

Our fans always give him torrents and he gives it back, it's nothing personal but it's a great laugh! He will look forward to playing against us again! GREGORY......

Best of luck to Greg, hope he fits in well with the squad. One things for sure, with the Monk's departure he's got big gloves to fill.

Well if we have got rid of conks because of his desire, outspokeness & what I believe is unrest then we certainly have gone and signed someone with a different personality - not!!!!!!!

Not seen a club statement about conks, seems surprising, when ducko left it was posted early in preceedings?

I was also at the Glossop game and have to say that the abuse given by our supporters to Greg Hall PRIOR to his reaction in my view was understandable, perhaps his reaction was not what should have been but was !. There is no doubt that we have secured the services of another top class keeper and should welcome him to the squad without these recriminations, I for one will do so !.

Greg will have much to prove with the departing of "Conkie" so give him the chance to do so, I am sure that his arrival will be to the benefit of 1874 Northwich FC and supporters, we should accept that and as Ian is there to run the team I am sure that he will "enlighten" us in due course.

For me it's good luck to him and make the judgement after a few games not now.

Banter is rife in this league so let's get on with it and play the football. His record is excellent so let's hope he brings that to our club.

It was yes, it seemed strange saying he looked very good after Conceding 5 but he did....

To sign 2 and not let conkie fight for his place and get shut, shows that the judgement was made for off field performances rather than on field.

Agree with u driftwood - silence from the club speaks for itself. Perhaps Matts enthusiasm has rubbed others up the wrong way. I wonder if Matt was told of Halls arrival before he was told to leave!

Sad to see Conks go, but I'd like to welcome Hall to the club. We can't turn our backs on the chance to sign what everyone is saying is a top class keeper who can improve our squad going forward IMO. I didn't see the alleged incident regarding Hall at the FA Vase game last season, but I still feel we should move on from that and give Greg a chance.

I think that the club should be applauded for being willing to make what was clearly a difficult decision. It's good to see that we have a board and management team willing to ensure that our development is constant.

Thank you Matt Conkie for everything you have done, you are our first club legend and deserve huge respect for your contribution to the club. Welcome Greg, you have big boots (gloves?) to fill and clearly have to win some people over. I hope that you are successful in doing that.

Reactions: Ben
Agree with u driftwood - silence from the club speaks for itself. Perhaps Matts enthusiasm has rubbed others up the wrong way. I wonder if Matt was told of Halls arrival before he was told to leave!

We can't know. We aren't privy to communication between the management team and players. As for silence, I think that anything more that a statement is unnecessary. They have fulfilled their duties regards communication. We know that Matt has left and Greg has joined. The rest is merely conjecture.

Back