• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

New Keeper?????

driftwood

Sep 21, 2013
Is there any truth in the rumour that we are changing goalkeepers ?????

We had a new keeper on the bench last week that's as much as i know

Who the heck could ever replace 'The Conk'?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Classic Green Machine memories

I'm not saying we need to, it's just i've been told its out with the old, in with the new.....
Time will tell I suppose

I'm not saying we need to, it's just i've been told its out with the old, in with the new..... Time will tell I suppose
I'm not saying we need to, it's just i've been told its out with the old, in with the new..... Time will tell I suppose

There may be something in this. We have signed Greg Hall. Greg was Glossops goalkeeper last year and was previously at Maine Road with Neil Chapple. He has also been registered with Ramsbottom in the Evo after leaving Glossop a couple of weeks ago.

I hope that this is just for back up to Conkie but considering this guy was GNE number 1 I doubt he would come to us as a back up, will be gutted if Conkie goes as I think he's still got a LOT to offer to our team.

I'm surprised the club hasn't made a statement with regards to Conkie leaving yet...

Driftwood your suspicions are confirmed I believe conks is no longer with us. This is a complete travesty the guy oozed passion for what we are about - another bad decision, why is the club keeping quiet !!!!!!!!!

Anyone know if the keeper from glossop we have signed is the same one who wasn't a very nice person during the cup game last year?

Hope this is not true, Yes I remember the keeper if it is the same one.

Hope it's not same keeper - following post from edge after last years game - quote:No complaints about the :redcard, Lee Jones raised his arms. The Glossop player might have kicked out at him but there was no need for his crazy reaction.
We missed Tandy, Beadle & Bayley today, but I thought Mike Brandon was outstanding stuck up front alone, often without a green shirt within 20 yards.

And a special mention for the Glossop keeper - what a complete pillock.

Our Chairman and Board Members will be there tomorrow so just ask them, after all it is our Club.

I am sure that, subject to confidentiality they will tell you the truth (unlike some!)

I don't have a clue about this signing nor about anything to do with Conkie allegedly leaving, all I will say is don't comment about things until you know the full facts.

Back