• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Memory Corner

Thanks for that Mark (Marks Dad) We have been here 20 years now and when we arrived the sweet shop & Butchers were still in Regent St. The chippy on Main Rd is now Chinese (we don't use that one too often) that is why I'd missed it out. The garage was a bit of a wreck when we came but is now houses (of course)

Sweet shop was only two doors up from me and butchers at top,remember grocers at bottom as well.

Stephen is Moulton's football's pitch still there?.

Does anyone know what happened to the series of drawings about the stages of drink that were walls around the shop in Pop Hornby's?.
Toddy,

Drawings went to "Pop's" eldest son, Syd, the onto Fred, youngest son, after Syd's demise, have not seem Fred for some time now so I do not know where they are . Had many a long chat when we met.
Have copies if you would like them ?.

"Cream soda's" on a Sat morning then sneaking into the Plaza through the side "fire door", Oh happy day's !!, you "youngies" have not lived !.

Toddy,

Most surprised that you have not mentioned the "Jewel in the Crown" of Northwich establishments and you only living "spitting distance" away, PRICES CHIPPY in Church Walk where the Police Station now stands, Fish and Chips to die for !!.

True Frank had many a bag of chips from there.

Toddy,
We just have the big field now behind the war memorial. Football has been played but not this season. I think the pitch you refer to was at the top of the village which is now houses.

They sold me some Subbuteo rules in the mid-70's.
Priced at One shilling & a bit dusty I seem to remember.
Everything was dusty in there Edge! I remember buying my football stuff, school uniform and cubs/scouts things there too. Great shop!

Where was the Sportsmans pub and why was it so good? I've heard many a story about it but it was just before my time I think.

They sold me some Subbuteo rules in the mid-70's.
Priced at One shilling & a bit dusty I seem to remember.
My mother bought me a Jockstrap from there when I started at John Deanes in 1970. Someone told her I would need one to play rugby in. No idea why, didn't have anything to put in it, still haven't.

Remember getting my little cylindrical Howzat cricket game there around then. Simple pleasures in those days! Still got it in the games cupboard in the living room, though.

image.jpeg image.jpeg The attached are taken from FB group page of Northwich and Surrounding Areas Past and Present. Enjoy the nostalgia!

Paul the Sportsman was on the left after you went over the bridge by The Bull Ring heading towards Castle there was another a pub close by called The Wheatsheath.I don't no much about either pub I only went in a couple of times.There used to be an ironmongers there called Harpers my mother had greengrocers shop next door.

Who remembers the Hamburger Shop(especially on a Saturday night)?.

Who can name the two shipbuilding yard's in Northwich and where they were?.

What was the name of the last boat built at Yarwoods,and what type of boat was it?

Back