• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Memory Corner

I'll take a 50-50 stab at this and say "yes", if only because you wouldn't have asked the question otherwise!

But I can't expand on that!

Yes. In the Conference in the early 90''s or late 80''s. Brought in as an experiment but everyone stood two giant forwards right in front of the keeper and it wasn't a success.

In the mid-1980s the Conference did try the rule you could not be Off-Side from a free kick(I can't remember how long it lasted) but I do remember Vics had a Gordon Hill playing for them,he could put the ball on a sixpence from 40yards.

Gordon Hill was at Stafford for part off that season and they had Malcolm Dunkley upfront who was about 7 foot tall and only scored from those freekicks

How many players have appeared in all 4 first competitive first games of the season for 1874?,if any who are they?.

Sorry Jack should have made the Question clearer I meant the first game of each of the four season's.

I'll say Mitch, I think DT was injured at the start of one of the seasons.

My father was one of the officials but his first initial is wrong. I believe I have the programme and an autographed photo signed by Bert Trautmann of him saving an Arthur Bateman penalty. As I recall it was the only one he ever missed.

Back