• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leighton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean, that is great to know but I was really interested in the club house. Like a lot of our supporters I like to support our opponents (bar!). If you were at Wolves you would have seen quite a few of us in there supporting them! But micro brewery... I shall have to try to persuade my driver to go there!

Thanks for all the info, Sean, especially on the parking as I'm planning on driving down. Great to have some banter and non league rivalry on here also. It's what it's all about and may the best team win!

Hello all 1874 Northwich fans
This is the real Sean Downey signing in!! Director of Football since the summer and former player, coach and manager of Leighton Town FC when we were in the Southern League.
I do not know who is posing as me- it is a shame they are not brave enough to use their own name- but rest assured that I, the committee and the rest of the football management team, do not agree nor condone the comments made earlier in the thread; we are a friendly club,like yours, trying to do the best we can with limited resources.
It would be great to see you in the bar and we will make you very welcome. Win, lose or draw we will have a drink and celebrate both clubs tremendous success in reaching this stage of the competition
Please don't worry about tickets - we are ticketing the game purely to speed up entry on the day. We are sending some to your club for purchase too but it will also be possible to pay on the gate. We will have a separate entry point for tickets and paying customers.
Food will be available at the tea bar too.
I am pleased to note that the conversation ended amicably and I have to admit, being a local myself, that my 'alter ego' has done a sterling job in providing excellent information on the town and its various 'watering holes'.
Look forward to welcoming you all on the 24th. Best wishes and safe journey!
Sean

Thanks for posting and clarifying the situation Sean. Looking forward to our trip a week on Saturday. :scarf:

Nice to hear from the real Sean, looking forward to our trip down south and spending my money in support of a fellow non-league club, I'm sure we'll have a little drink in their clubhouse and I for one will be testing their Pies, doubt they are as good as ours.......but we'll see !!

Hello all 1874 Northwich fans
This is the real Sean Downey signing in!! Director of Football since the summer and former player, coach and manager of Leighton Town FC when we were in the Southern League.
I do not know who is posing as me- it is a shame they are not brave enough to use their own name- but rest assured that I, the committee and the rest of the football management team, do not agree nor condone the comments made earlier in the thread; we are a friendly club,like yours, trying to do the best we can with limited resources.
It would be great to see you in the bar and we will make you very welcome. Win, lose or draw we will have a drink and celebrate both clubs tremendous success in reaching this stage of the competition
Please don't worry about tickets - we are ticketing the game purely to speed up entry on the day. We are sending some to your club for purchase too but it will also be possible to pay on the gate. We will have a separate entry point for tickets and paying customers.
Food will be available at the tea bar too.
I am pleased to note that the conversation ended amicably and I have to admit, being a local myself, that my 'alter ego' has done a sterling job in providing excellent information on the town and its various 'watering holes'.
Look forward to welcoming you all on the 24th. Best wishes and safe journey!
Sean

Sean and I had a nice chat earlier and I informed the Forum Admins of this situation. I hear that the first 'Sean account' has now been blocked.

My dealings with Leighton have been excellent so far, and we are all looking forward to meeting up. I know that 1874 and our supporters will be warmly welcomed and we will all enjoy a good day.

Many thanks Vicki for acting so promptly on this and it is great to have contact with a group that seem to be passionate lovers of the non-league game and all that goes with it, just like me and my fellow volunteers and supporters at Leighton.

I'm glad that's been cleared up about the Real Sean Downey
Anyone that knows him would know that wasn't him
A top bloke
Roll on the 24th it's going to be a great day

30 years I've been a Leighton Fan Home and away as much as I can
We've had some great days over the years but this is the cream
Good luck to everyone involved home or away but obviously a Leighton win is a must
RED ARMY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back