• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leighton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will have to be a refund if it’s off then. I get one Saturday in 6 off and this weekend is it!!

Let’s hope the forecast was focused on the extreme temps being in the depths of Norfolk Stephen, which given previous predictions, is distinctly plausible.

Let’s hope the forecast was focused on the extreme temps being in the depths of Norfolk Stephen, which given previous predictions, is distinctly plausible.
We can live in hope Tez :(

Really hope the weather improves and the game is on this weekend. I'm working the next two weekends after this one. Will be gutted if I miss it! :(

Although it’s still only Wednesday I can report - no frost at 7am this morning and dry overnight in South Cambs. I’ll post a frost (or lack of it) update tomorrow :D Admittedly there is 40 miles between here and LB, but given the terrain is essentially flat the climate shouldn’t differ much I’d have thought and so should be a reasonable barometer (excuse the pun) of things.

Although it’s still only Wednesday I can report - no frost at 7am this morning and dry overnight in South Cambs. I’ll post a frost (or lack of it) update tomorrow :D Admittedly there is 40 miles between here and LB, but given the terrain is essentially flat the climate shouldn’t differ much I’d have thought and so should be a reasonable barometer (excuse the pun) of things.

Yes. But what's it like in Lancaster? ;)

Southern softies aren't use to a bit of frost. :woot
Get a millimetre of snow and everything south of Birmingham comes to a halt :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Southern softies aren't used to a bit of frost. :woot
Get a millimetre of snow and everything south of Birmingham comes to a halt :rolleyes:

“Comes to halt”? ..... we down here like to think of it as just being more cautious ;):D

Tez, 40 miles to LB but Bedford is in between. Now my memory of living in Bedford for >10 years is that it has a climate of its own completely different to just outside. The whole area would be snowed up and we would be completely clear. Point is 40 miles is a long way!

Tez, 40 miles to LB but Bedford is in between. Now my memory of living in Bedford for >10 years is that it has a climate of its own completely different to just outside. The whole area would be snowed up and we would be completely clear. Point is 40 miles is a long way!
The weather from Leighton to Dunstable varies, and only 7 miles apart.

The Football Ground has a Brook running
“Comes to halt”? ..... we down here like to think of it as just being more cautious ;):D
Covers being put in place tomorrow, penalty areas at a guess :(

Glorious sunshine predicted all day. No problem 0 degrees by 8.00am 6 degrees by kick off.

Already bought my Luton v Cheltenham ticket as a fall back option, not getting my hopes up at all :(

Unlikely Richard given that Luton host Cambridge on the 24th. Any of the Hatters fans genuinely interested in their club and watching a game will surely be headed there given the recent rivalry between the two clubs?

IF, as Sean alludes, the game is made all-ticket, I don’t see us being restricted to 225 tickets. Unless Leighton were sure with absolute certainty that they would make up the 1175 void?
Except that Luton are playing Cheltenham, Cambridge away is on 3rd March.

rain would be the problem for the pitch at Lb and none is forecast. The frost will have cleared by 1030am becase the sun will be out - those of us who play sunday league football know how the climate operates in lb.
The pitch will still be rock hard even allowing for the Sun, i lived in LB long enough to know :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back