• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leighton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ref did not need much bullying. Leighton's first two goals from corners, both taken from outside the Dee and headed in at the near post. Third goal from a free kick on the edge of the area - with the defender booked for the tackle. We were pretty close and most of us thought it was a clean tackle and if anything the free kick should have gone to Wolverhampton. I did not think the pen was a pen but not all of our supporters agreed with me.
I think most of us would have preferred Wolves to win but there we are. Both defences were rubbish and although the attacks were fast I don't think they will find our defence so accommodating. Let us get good support down there.

Let's get that 74 green army down there in numbers and get behind the lads. Road trips away from home are what a cup run is all about. Exciting times. We can do it and make more history for this fantastic club of ours. Up the 74! :scarf:

Well, there will be two making the long arduous trip from Cambridge ;) and I believe there is also a young man currently in Norwich who will be travelling to the game too :D:scarf:

We took over 200 to Ossett on a Tuesday night for the FA Cup 3rd Q replay. And in all honesty, I reckon we can beat that for this game. Bring it on.

Reactions: Ben
Very beatable. I wasn’t impressed wiTh players conduct throughout. Referee and linesman had a very poor game. Leighton shouldn’t have won but they did. Defence not good. Hoping for nice big win for us. Important for us to go down in massive numbers to outweigh their fans as much as we can :)

Won't take that much to outweigh their fans if their home crowds are anything to go by :) Let's get the message out there, run a few coaches if demand is there and go down in huge numbers. Can't wait. These are certainly the best times watching this club to date for me. :scarf:

Paltry gate of 158 made up by about 100 home 38 away & 20 74's
Leighton 'Linnets' in a Witton strip!
Moaning, rolling, time wasting, penalty seeking, Ref bullying,
Some quality and weaknesses but will keep them under wraps and let our management team combat and expose them!

Yay, the 1874 Angles are back! :)

Well, there will be two making the long arduous trip from Cambridge ;) and I believe there is also a young man currently in Norwich who will be travelling to the game too :D:scarf:
Who's the youngman in Norwich?

Saying that they aren't in the last 8 for nothing,
Big away support could make the difference
See you all tuesday.........

we were talking to some of their supporters on the way out and they said not to take too much from yesterday as it was probably the worst they had played all season. There again I would probably say the same!

And two of their better players not available for that game !!, Having watched them yesterday I am confident in a win, prefer playing them than than their opponents !.

You don’t get to the quarter final on luck, it takes quality. Will be a tough game - big support could be what pushes the team over the line

we were talking to some of their supporters on the way out and they said not to take too much from yesterday as it was probably the worst they had played all season. There again I would probably say the same!

I’m sure Wayne will leave it until he’s had them checked out a few more times before drawing any conclusions about their strengths and weaknesses.

And two of their better players not available for that game !!, Having watched them yesterday I am confident in a win, prefer playing them than than their opponents !.
Which two are they Frank? The only ones who really stood out for me were the 8 (although he does not understand the quarter circle) the 9 and 11, the defence looked highly vulnerable. I think we should beat them based on what we saw yesterday. And I thought Wolves were all round the better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back