• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leighton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
In agreement with your comments, Richard, not too concerned on what we saw yesterday, big side who will not be easily beaten, what we can expect I believe is the comments you made earlier, an attempt at bullying which seemed to be paying of etc, but confident anyway !.

Our team has improved in all departments this season beyond belief and I'm totally confident that the gaffers will fully prepare the boy's but this image of Leighton's No 5 & Capt is the perfect example to justify my opening comment ' Moaning, rolling, time wasting, penalty seeking, Ref bullying," If you touch them they will scream and roll, they will scream for every decision rightly or wrongly.

By the way I can't remember if the Wolverhampton player was cautioned here for kicking the chair out from under El Capitan!

The midweek trip to Runcorn will be the perfect dress rehearsal :) Sorry Stebiggy;)

Ps LTFC are averaging 101 in the league and their last Vase game was 260 they will be outnumbered.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 18.43.46.png

Last edited:
“The midweek trip to Runcorn will be the perfect dress rehearsal :) Sorry Stebiggy;)

So what your saying there is, your expecting to get beat in the Vase game as well?

Ha Ha Ha, no what I'm saying is Our team has improved in all departments this season beyond belief and beating you will be the dress rehearsal for the Vase match.

Congratulations on the Championship by the way, you've worked hard for it over the years, see you up there when we have our own ground too.

By the way I can't remember if the Wolverhampton player was cautioned here for kicking the chair out from under El Capitan!
A great photo of it! So many of their players moaned as said before and got innocent players booked. I thought the Wolves no 2 was the best player on the field and he got booked, in my view, for being fouled by the Leighton player he had just won the ball off cleanly.

For the Runcorn game it has to be full of reserves and fringe players, We need to keep as many first teamers fresh ready for the Saturday which is the big game.

For the Runcorn game it has to be full of reserves and fringe players, We need to keep as many first teamers fresh ready for the Saturday which is the big game.
"2nd team" will be quite strong enough if we get a fair referree !

"2nd team" will be quite strong enough if we get a fair referree !

There’s never been an unfair referee in our games. The problem is your lads insist on kicking lumps out of, throwing in late tackles, giving away needless second yellow cards and fouling us in the penalty area.

The problem is your lads insist on kicking lumps out of, throwing in late tackles, giving away needless second yellow cards and fouling us in the penalty area.

You are 100% correct stebiggy, in the past we have been guilty of responding to your lets call it 'professionalism' however as I previously stated we have come on in leaps and bounds and have now addressed this problem. Take a look at the NWCFL discipline tables and you'll see that we have a far better record this season than yourselves when it comes to red cards.

I agree we could field a '2nd' side with the Vase game being far more important to us, but I don't believe a 2nd team would be strong enough to beat you. There again whatever the result I don't think it will have any bearing on who wins the league!

Ste most of what you say is fair but that above is just not correct, I have been at all the games between us and that's not what I have seen, I may have taken the bait but seeing as you are getting the beer in next week I will go for that.............

We’re not the same team. The team is light years ahead of what it was under Street.

The 4-2 from out meeting earlier this season was an unusual off day.

If we don’t beat you this encounter we’ll have to wait atleast another 18 months for another crack at the whip, because let’s face it, it’ll take the mother of all cock ups for Linnets not to be promoted now.

Not sure about all this “second eleven” talk. In my opinion the Management and players will be focusing on both Vase and League fronts, and will be anxious to have the best eleven players out on the field at all times.

I don’t think anyone can realistically bet against Linnets becoming champions from here on in. It would obviously be nice to finally get the better of them in the league, but we first need to focus on Town (doing us both a favour ultimately ;)) if we are serious about being in the chase for runners-up spot.

Interesting few weeks (to begin with) ahead of us.

I'm really surprised that your even contemplating using a second string side against us or anyone else in the league.

If you can start getting games played your in a strong position to really challenge for promotion and quite possibly the title. Why would you jeapordise that? I'm certain that Bows and Goody wont be thinking the same. If you have even an outside chance of promotion (yours is a better chance than that) then surely you need to go all out for it? Not knocking the Vase in any way, I'd love to be in your position in the Quarters and we really felt that if we could get through Marske we would go all the way, but it certainly wouldn't have taken precedence over the league if we were still fighting on both fronts.

Re the discussion above on our current position. I can fully understand why from the outside looking in people are starting to say that we have already won the title. But the reality is completely different. When all the games start catching themselves up a couple of sides can be within 7 points of us and you could draw level. A few dropped points for us puts a whole different outlook on it. We certainly don't think we have won the title or runners up spot yet, so much football still to be played.

I personally think that it would be madness to put out our strongest possible team against linnets with such a huge game on the Saturday, I would be more than happy with a point from the game as we seem destined to never come away with anything against them (and not because we're not capable)

I personally think that it would be madness to put out our strongest possible team against linnets with such a huge game on the Saturday, I would be more than happy with a point from the game as we seem destined to never come away with anything against them (and not because we're not capable)

Perfect dress rehearsal for the cup game. Big crowd and tough opposition, perfect way to prepare.

I’d be more uncomfortable seeing wholesale chops and changes.

Leighton Town Manager Scott Reynolds is being interviewed on BBC 3CR from 6:30 tonight, if anyone is interested.

LTFC Manager anticipates Home support might be double our following. Respectful of ‘74 and NWCFL football standard and accepts we are perhaps in a false position in the league. Not much more of any consequence from the radio interview. ;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back