• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leighton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened for half an hour to 3CR for that ?!
From down here I would tend to agree that standards generally are higher at the same level up North, but of course this is a one-off cup tie.
Not sure how he reckons they'll get 400 home fans, given their past attendances, but still.
Interesting to note that they have a midweek game against their top-of-table team before the Vase game. A familiar coincidence!

LTFC Manager anticipates Home support might be double our following. Respectful of ‘74 and NWCFL football standard and accepts we are perhaps in a false position in the league. Not much more of any consequence from the radio interview. ;):)
Is it all ticket then Tez? Segregation?

Not a complete waste of time though. At least you know which bits of Beds, Herts and Bucks you need to avoid if you’re out on the roads tonight Alan :D

Is it all ticket then Tez? Segregation?

You’d imagine neither. Luton Town fans will be more preoccupied with the visit of Cambridge United - bit of an unhealthy rivalry there. MK Dons are Away on the 24th, so there is the possibility a small number of them might swell the gate? Judging by the usual numbers at Bell Close, it doesn’t look like either FL club head there normally if they’re at a loose end. However ..... it’s getting closer and closer to a potential day trip to see the Twin Towers, so maybe that will spike the interest of some of the floating local population, who knows? ;)

Paltry gate of 158 made up by about 100 home 38 away & 20 74's
Leighton 'Linnets' in a Witton strip!
Moaning, rolling, time wasting, penalty seeking, Ref bullying,
Some quality and weaknesses but will keep them under wraps and let our management team combat and expose them!

Paltry gate of 158 made up by about 100 home 38 away & 20 74's
Leighton 'Linnets' in a Witton strip!
Moaning, rolling, time wasting, penalty seeking, Ref bullying,
Some quality and weaknesses but will keep them under wraps and let our management team combat and expose them!
A bit harsh let's hope your football is as good as
The ref did not need much bullying. Leighton's first two goals from corners, both taken from outside the Dee and headed in at the near post. Third goal from a free kick on the edge of the area - with the defender booked for the tackle. We were pretty close and most of us thought it was a clean tackle and if anything the free kick should have gone to Wolverhampton. I did not think the pen was a pen but not all of our supporters agreed with me.
I think most of us would have preferred Wolves to win but there we are. Both defences were rubbish and although the attacks were fast I don't think they will find our defence so accommodating. Let us get good support down there.
alot of harsh disrespectful words about our team I hope your team is as good as you say because we won't make it easy for you

alot of harsh disrespectful words about our team I hope your team is as good as you say because we won't make it easy for you
Nobody ever doubted you would! Fingers crossed the Home fans turn out in the numbers your Manager was hoping for too ;)

Botttom line here is, you’re reading fan opinion, our Management duo ..... different ball game. They’ll see your strengths/weaknesses and prepare the team accordingly. For your sake I hope yours does the same.

Our team has improved in all departments this season beyond belief and I'm totally confident that the gaffers will fully prepare the boy's but this image of Leighton's No 5 & Capt is the perfect example to justify my opening comment ' Moaning, rolling, time wasting, penalty seeking, Ref bullying," If you touch them they will scream and roll, they will scream for every decision rightly or wrongly.

By the way I can't remember if the Wolverhampton player was cautioned here for kicking the chair out from under El Capitan!

The midweek trip to Runcorn will be the perfect dress rehearsal :) Sorry Stebiggy;)

Ps LTFC are averaging 101 in the league and their last Vase game was 260 they will be outnumbered.

View attachment 1656

You may wish to reconsider your assumptions about the Red Army crowd; looks like it's going to a be a ticketed event. Bell Close holds 2600 but the police are probably are more likely to restrict the numbers to 1000-1500. The community will turn out for this match in their hundreds.

From down here I would tend to agree that standards generally are higher at the same level up North, but of course this is a one-off cup tie.
Not sure how he reckons they'll get 400 home fans, given their past attendances, but still.
Interesting to note that they have a midweek game against their top-of-table team before the Vase game. A familiar coincidence!

Based on the fact that the locals will turn out, this is a big event and akin to Leighton v Aldershot in 1993 when the town was half the size and 1500 tickets were sold. LU7 WILD IDIOTS

and we will have a massive crowd on the day with a ratio of at least 4 to 1. LU7 WILD IDIOTS

You’d imagine neither. Luton Town fans will be more preoccupied with the visit of Cambridge United - bit of an unhealthy rivalry there. MK Dons are Away on the 24th, so there is the possibility a small number of them might swell the gate? Judging by the usual numbers at Bell Close, it doesn’t look like either FL club head there normally if they’re at a loose end. However ..... it’s getting closer and closer to a potential day trip to see the Twin Towers, so maybe that will spike the interest of some of the floating local population, who knows? ;)
Town in talks with police about the event, expect this to be all ticket as history tells us how the population has previously responded to such games by turning up in their droves. Expect announcement tomorrow about tickets.

love it or hate it, theatrics is part of the modern game, watch match of the day on Saturday and you'll see what I mean.

If we were hung up on MOTD etc we wouldn't be bothering running our own NL club, we'd be slouched in armchairs in front of the telly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back