• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Potential Ground Share rumour, speculation, hearsay

Ben
Hypocrisy becomes irrelevant when you are desperate and things don't look too good for them reading between the lines.
To be fair we would have done the same a few years ago if we had such a chance. Sadly there are lots of Rushe-like people out there so good luck to Witton if they can enough money out of him to survive.

Lets not say hypocrites when two faced is more fitting. ;)

Strange that Witton fans have slagged off NVFC, MCFC, JRFC and DNFC for years because of overspending which has resulted in demise of the club and the loss of the Victoria Stadium.

Now that JRFC fans have split and 1874 Northwich FC formed (In similar circumstances to FCUM) and are running our football club in a financially transparent, stable and sustainable manner, Witton fans are now trying to find excuses to justify a ground share with JRFC, it beggars belief.

However, I agree that this ground share issue has absolutely nothing to do with 1874 otherthan the talking point and would therefore like to wish Witton all the best of luck for their future and for promoting 1874 to the biggest club in Mid Cheshire, morally and financially.

Getting there.png

Last edited:
I personally had a giggle at the "Get some watertight contracts drawn up"

Ye like a legally binding watertight CVA... :)
Screenshot_2014-11-05-09-24-30.png

Just been sent this little gem by a Witton friend of mine.
Post by someone named Colin B but obviously alias Dewdrop.

Don’t go believing all these things those 2012ers "Do Gooders" are saying. Vics are in this for the Longhall. Wait till they find out about some “other” Vics news which is soon to be announced, they will be having palpitations Ha Ha.I know our £500,000 CVA was never paid off but Vics (2 relegations) and Mr Rushe (bankruptcy) were punished for it. He did along with other partners pay off approx £750,000 out of the debt that Mr Connett left Vics with, Including ALL its football creditors, a large proportion of the tax bill, A very large Utility Bill (Mr C never paid one single Lecky bill) and also the cost of the pitch (50k from Hogkinsons who put in a winding up order against us) plus numerous other bills and charges. This enabled Vics initially to continue playing in the Conference and at the stadium. still not sure what happened to the £198,000 FA Cup money which would have been enough to pay off the CVA but Vics nor any of its creditors (baring I think charlton and lincoln) got a penny of it.The “Do Gooders” only plan at the time was to leave Vics to be liquidated and start up a new club up “debt free”, which would off screwed ALL its creditors. None of the "Do Gooders" nor any Vics fans were going to pay off ANY of the £1.3m of debt which Mr Connett built up.As well as Vics and Mr Rushe being punished, the community will benefit massively from Vics downfall and will get two brand new 3g pitches for use the community.and "other" football clubs (Witton, 2012, FCUM and Nantwich have benefited by utilizing items from the Victoria Stadium.Sorry for any problems you have had in the past with us and the few remaining and “LOYAL” Vics fans will work hard to ensure things like what happened never happen again. We only have about 50 fans or so left watching us, but a few should return if we are back. We have a junior setup with over 230 kids so hopefully we can build on that and get some of the teams and parents into the matches to build upon. Just think of the bar takings if I were there ha ha.The "Do Gooders" harp on about “morals”. Yet these are people who I gave a £200+ donation to help Vics AFTER promises from its chairman that they would NEVER start up a new club whilst Vics exist. They then kept the money for themselves to set up 2012 with. I only gave the donation on that basis and in "good faith" that it would be used to help Vics.The “Do Gooders” have been going round saying how we are in £250,000 of debt. 95% of that is the money that Jim Rushe has put into the club over the last three years since the majority of the fans left us and our wages are all up-to-date.We have had no issues paying rent to such as Stafford and Flixton despite losing the majority of our fans. The rent would i guess be paid upfront with any agreement, so no real risk otherwise it would be no playSorry for about all this and any bad feelings this is causing you. I don’t blame you really I mean if we were in your position I would probably not be happy either. So please don’t fall out with one another.Up the Albion and good luck for the rest of the season.

PRICELESS...

Unbelievable that they blame Connett for everything that has happened to Vics.

No pre Connett blame for Nuttall, Stone or Rafferty, who are jointly responsible for the biggest balls up in NVFC history and no post Connett blame for Rushe who single handedly demolished the stadium that Connett built.

Oh and the biggest hypocritical comment of all is
We have a junior setup with over 230 kids

They've got some nerve. Northwich Victoria Junior FC was Connetts brain child and conveniently inherited by Rushe when he took over. What has Rushe done for the juniors since them? Bugger all! If you remember it was the old NVST (Now 1874) that purchased ALL the new kit for the kids because Rushe refused.

So how convenient to blame Connett for all the debt but take his credit for the juniors.

Maybe there's a benefit for Rushe, Nuttall and JRFC by having a Junior football club, makes you wonder.

BUNCH OF TWO FACED A-HOLES

Last edited:
I have to say I laughed my socks off at Colin' s post. That is the best thing I've seen for ages.
It's nice to be able to enjoy humour on the forum again after all these years.
Must go, got to get ready for an attack of palpitations.

The way I see this is the last time Vics shared with Witton it saved their bacon, to the disadvantage of Vics.At that time Witton knew where the money came from,this time they don't,and they do not seem to care that's up to them.We now have our own club,making a profit(the only one of the three clubs that is)so let the two of them get on with it.We are doing O.K. we should carry on the way we are (the right way) and leave the pair of them too it.

Good old fashion banter Toddy, that's all.

Witton fans already looling forward to Conference Football from the pockets of JRFC. Going to be funny watching Witton racing down from their moral high ground to collect rent from JRFC's level but watching the trying to crawl back up is going to be hystetical.

Last edited:
In my personal opinion and this is purely based on my military service and the utmost respect I have for H4H's. If Witton take on JRFC, changing their stadium name should be the next step. Can you imagine a club like JRFC positively advertising and promoting H4H's without something in it for themselves? It'll be a bloody disgraceful.

Last edited:
From the Witton forum:
"I'm not being funny (which means I am) but I think this forum is in danger of turning into the childish V*** forum from a couple of years ago, new posters coming on talking utter garbage. I understand we need the money but do we really need this boring nonsense talk."

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You have just won Colin Buckley

You lot are turning into everything we once hated about Vics arrogant, ignorant and obnoxious, we will see where we get too and please ask your board if they have had discussion with Witton ! Our board have offered to answer any questions on a one to one basis nothing to hide.

C.J calling people Scum is not obnoxious as some of your fans do?kettle and tea-pot come to mind.At no time have I insulted your fans or club.

I don't think it's arrogance. Just interesting watching and enjoying the fact that we're not at the centre of it anymore. When you read both forums there isn't much beyond the usual name calling (and that's most if not all from your fans) and humorous banter apart from quite a lot of sensible discussion.
You can't deal with Rushe without it being interesting and newsworthy can you?
Might just be the way it comes over but some of your posters seem to be wishing for an argument with us - and it just isn't there!
If there's one thing I've noticed it's that through all we have experienced many 74 fans now see a much different football world than we did some time ago. I think you'll find that few if any of us wish you ill off the field, our clubs are too important to us all. On the field? Sorry but I'll still smile when you lose!
Perhaps that comes from being just green slimy scum as your fans would describe us? ;)

I don't detect arrogance either. Maybe we push the moral/ethical stance a bit much at times, but I think that comes as part of the package when you co-own a fan-run club, as if it was injected into us on 15.11.12, and is repeated at all the other fan clubs around the country when they talk to conventionally run clubs. As for the non-conventionally run ones (JR/DN FC, Hereford, Salisbury to name but three recent/local examples), that's where clubs like us are most likely to assume a moral viewpoint. It's more directed here at JR and co, but Witton are being tarnished by association I am afraid. And I think the Witton fans are going to have to learn to live with it.

As for ignorant, that's another thing you realise when running the club is part of the package rather than just watching it play - you start to take a much greater interest in happenings off the pitch. And we are scarcely ignorant about the recent history of the version of NV currently plying its trade in Flixton, or its predecessors.

Obnoxious? I have read the WA forum thread and not found anything there from anyone speaking from an 1874 standpoint in any way at all horrible towards WA. Towards NV, maybe, but then there might just be a touch of justification for that.

Can we please be green and black slimy scum, to dissociate us from the hoopy lot? ;)

You lot are turning into everything we once hated about Vics arrogant, ignorant and obnoxious, we will see where we get too and please ask your board if they have had discussion with Witton ! Our board have offered to answer any questions on a one to one basis nothing to hide.

Not arrogant, ignorant or obnoxious just intelligently sarcastic ;)

We're turning into everything you hate because we're not the fans you want us to be right now but we would be the fans you want us to be if we won a bidding war that we're not taking part in. :wacky

We trust our democratically elected board to act on our behalf and make what they feel are the morally correct decisions, maybe they've decided that a bidding war with JRFC is morally incorrect. :kiss

Word of advice, your desperation to get 1874 on board is showing, just resign yourselves to the fact that you'll have to settle for one of the most disrespected, dishonorable clubs in non league and you can't blame 1874 for that decision....... No matter how hard you try or what tactics you use :banghead

Last edited:
Back