• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Potential Ground Share rumour, speculation, hearsay

I know this may sound a bit strange but it's worth thinking about.
I just looked at Witton' s forum out of curiosity to see if there is any more news on the groundshare and was struck by how bad things sound over there. That may or may not be an accurate assessment of how things really are but if they are in serious trouble perhaps something we should remember is how we all felt when things were falling apart.
Long before our situation was recognised as being as bad as it was I felt there could be little progress for football in the town unless both clubs worked together in some way. Now I believe it even more.
Perhaps one way we can show what we have learned and start to build bridges for the future is to keep out of their debate about finances and groundshare and leave them to cope with the vics fans that have surfaced on there in their own way. Even constructive posts are likely to be interpreted as wind ups or patronising.
No, I'm not going soft, I like their league position and their result today but I take no pleasure in their off the field problems and I like to think we can show how we have changed and start to get away from the nasty type of rivalry that has blighted local football for too long.

I know this may sound a bit strange but it's worth thinking about.
I just looked at Witton' s forum out of curiosity to see if there is any more news on the groundshare and was struck by how bad things sound over there. That may or may not be an accurate assessment of how things really are but if they are in serious trouble perhaps something we should remember is how we all felt when things were falling apart.
Long before our situation was recognised as being as bad as it was I felt there could be little progress for football in the town unless both clubs worked together in some way. Now I believe it even more.
Perhaps one way we can show what we have learned and start to build bridges for the future is to keep out of their debate about finances and groundshare and leave them to cope with the vics fans that have surfaced on there in their own way. Even constructive posts are likely to be interpreted as wind ups or patronising.
No, I'm not going soft, I like their league position and their result today but I take no pleasure in their off the field problems and I like to think we can show how we have changed and start to get away from the nasty type of rivalry that has blighted local football for too long.

Good call Pete. I too have mellowed over Albion (took me long enough!) and respect the way that they have run their club over the years. We have enough work to do at 1874 and should concentrate on that. Whatever is going on is their business and they will do what is right for their Club.

Agree totally Pete. On the field we should be as passionate and commited to our team as we can. However, we more than most know the pain of off field problems.
I would like to think that 1874 can show friendless and support to ALL our local sides and make it our misssion to rebuild bridges, damaged by past rivalries.

I am sorry I don't agree we do not need to build bridges,we are not the one's who have put them there,they are the one's who called us green and white scum.They have made their decision to ground-share with Rushe.We should let them get on with it,I am quite sure if the boot was on the other foot they would be laughing up their sleeves.

Bridges are for the future and to leave the past behind.
I'm sure they would laugh at us at the moment as many fans do about their rivals but the number doing that gets less with every supporters trust-run club that is born.
It's a new world Toddy and a few childish immature insults shouldn't get in the way of progress.
I prefer to see it as setting an example and just as all Vics fans didn't move on so all Witton fans won't. If clubs are judged just on the posts of forum users then we are all going nowhere as every club including ours will be seen as s##t.

Sorry Pete It's not a few childish insults,it's the mindset of those fans,we are better concentrating on our own club and leaving them to get on with it.We owe them nothing and they owe nothing.Call me bigoted but one thing I am convinced of is no association with Witton will be of benefit to 1874,History will repeat it's self.

Initially I was fuming at the prospect of JRFC returning to Northwich however now I quite looking forward to the prospect of a Witton and JRFC comedy act in town, who knows they may even destroy each other.

Witton's biggest mistake will be thinking they can survive and prosper in JRFC's pockets.

JRFC's biggest mistake will be thinking 1874 fans and the so called silent majority will go flooding back

1874's biggest mistake has yet to be written, therefore we hold all the cards and are in a much better position than they think.

Reactions: Tez
There will be no hordes of "traitors returning".

I don't care if JRFC move to WP.
I don't care if JRFC sharing with them is also the Death of Witton.
All I care about is '74 and our future.

Back