• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have opted for the green and black stripes, IMO, but I wouldn't wish to lose the green element either.

One point being overlooked here is that if (as seems possible and as is IMO desirable) the newly designed badge is adopted at the AGM, the colours represented in that badge are predominantly green, black and white. That would sort of commit us to some form of kit which included at least one or two of those colours.

Virtually same colours, similar badge, reference to vics in the name!
Hell why don't we just call ourselves 1874 Northwich Victorians?!....similar but different like all the other things!!
Question:
Do you see 1874 as a new exciting adventure which is well run, fresh and filled with possibilities or do you want something that looks like vics, smells like vics and makes you feel like your still supporting vics??!! :oops:.

Last edited:
I have always wanted it to be a club borne out of the ashes of NVFC. What did other fan owned clubs like Chester, Hereford , Rushden, Runcorn think they were forming. Did it matter to Chester fans the link with Vaughan? The difference we have is 1874 was formed before the demise of NVFC. A brand new club with no connections - no thanks

The club was formed out of a collective recognition by then-fans of NVFC that NVFC had forsaken them and that they could no longer support that club or what it represented. The formation of 1874 was a demonstration that the essence and life blood of any football club is its fans, and when those fans invested their energies behind establishing and building a new club they made a painful but decisive break while at the same time wanting to preserve a recognition of where their journey had started. To deny those beginnings is to deny part of the history of 1874 and to reject any sense of legacy or heritage.

Yes there are problems which then arise in dissociating ourselves from what remains of NV, but it is up to us to find ways of addressing those problems while retaining our identity. While it remains problematic to convince the more 'neutral' locals to join us on our journey, because of all the historical baggage associated with the club, that to me is not a reason to jettison every item of baggage as that would practically require every ex-NV fan of 1874 to expunge memories of their footballing past and deny their roots. While I can understand that some may not welcome the associations with the old club implicit in the name and the use of green as the primary colour, to pretend that 1874 is a totally new club simply formed by a few local people who wanted to run their own football club is a blatant denial of hstory.

And apart from anything else, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that suddenly rebranding ourselves as a football club playing in, say, orange is miraculously going to convince local residents to descend en masse on Winsford on a Saturday afternoon, let alone persuade those erstwhile NV fans who have given up on local football to return to the fold. The need is to convince the hearts and minds, not the eyes.

For me the club has to stay Green, black and white. The badge can go, the new proposed badge would bring us up to date and give us a modern feel what potential new fans could be easily identify.

We need to remember where we came from, but also be mindful to the future. When Northwich Victoria does go. We want people to be able to relate to us as the true Northwich club. Changing too much could put people off when the inevitable does happen.

Segment of speech to set in motion the vote to start a new fan owned club

“Tonight members have a once in a lifetime opportunity to regain the true meaning of a community based football club. Owned by the fans, for the fans and of the fans of our town. We also have a moral duty to the generations of Northwichers no longer with us to right the wrong.

“We have the opportunity to leave a legacy for our children as the founding members of a new fans owned football club, not a new history but a new name and a new chapter in the current history of Northwich Victoria.”

Is this a taste of the newly respectable potentially fan owned JRFC or simply showing solidarity to next seasons landlord?

20161125_015617.png

Has there been any publicly announced about these two meetings yet? Any thing in the guardian? Surely if you want the community onside you need to publicise the cause. Is it because it doesn't stand up to scrutiny?

Has there been any publicly announced about these two meetings yet? Any thing in the guardian? Surely if you want the community onside you need to publicise the cause. Is it because it doesn't stand up to scrutiny?
Nothing Kit, absolutely zilch.
When it does come it'll be the usual polishing the turd act.

Homelessness is the least of their problems.
If they do somehow resolve tbe clubs Annual Accounts issue, they will announce it as a victory, such is their twisted mentality.

Last edited:
CLUB STATEMENT.

Statement below by NVFC chairman Martin Rushe on behalf of the Rushe Family.

Since 2007 it has been a great honour to be involved with the ownership of Northwich Victoria FC.

During our tenure at this great football club, we have had some fantastic footballing highs in the League and F.A Cup and some unfortunately lows, but at all times we have strived to be the best we can.

My family’s enthusiasm and efforts have been unstinting in driving this club forward, however in increasingly challenging times we no longer have the resources to financially support the club.

It is with great sadness that I must inform you that we can no longer carry the club forward in the direction we would wish. Therefore we have decided that it must be handed over to the supporters, in the name of Northwich Victoria Supporters Association - and under the capable supervision of Brian Turner and Dave Thomas, both life-long club supporters.

We have been working tirelessly with our advisors inthe last few months to ensure a smooth and solvent transition and hand over of ownership to the fans association, keeping this great club in existence.

I am happy to announce that we have reached agreement with Brian and Dave who we feel are best placed to take the club forward.

I know the new owners will do our family proud and continue the investment made by my father and the family these last nine years, I am satisfied that whilst we would have loved to have continued our ownership, the new board and supporters association will follow our dreams and achieve great success in the future.

I would urge all Northwich Victoria Fans to get behind the new owners and come down to support the club in the remainder of the season. With your help and the new structure put in place I know the club will grow and have success in the future.

Before concluding I would like to make special mention of Derek Nuttall who sadly passed way recently. Derek was the club’s number one supporter and was, until his sad passing, the clubs league representative. I would like to pass on my condolences to his family and hope that he is looking down on us all, and would approve of the new arrangements.

Finally - a big thank you to all the supporters and players over the last nine years who have shared our dream, as a family the club will always be in our hearts and strive to be the best, and maybe one day achieve League Status.

Thank you again to the town of Northwich, the club itself, players, fans and supporters and we wish you all good luck and success in the future.

So Rushe hands over the club to its fans and they take it straight into Administration...... Is that correct?

Last edited:
Looks like Rushe puts it into admin & then Dave & Brian buy it.
At least with admin the list of debts (£2500 obviously) will be published and then the creditors will get 5p in the £ if they're lucky.

Being interesting to see how hard the League come down on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back