• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
£5 a week is a big ask.

[Not that it would happen but] if '74 were to come cap-in-hand wanting £5 a week to ensure the club can keep going, I wouldn't be reaching into my pocket any time soon.

Then they expect 100 of the 200 to also find the gate money every week?

I just can't see that happening. Too many people with higher priorities in life these days.

Last edited:
Just thinking what the collective noun might be for the decreasing few that still follow JRFC.

I have my own thoughts, but I will let you guys kick off....

A quartet... on a good day?

...though we should also be mindful of our own attendances. To be honest, I'm not sure that these personal slanging matches do much to help either side. A lot of people stay away and will never be back - to either club - because of the constant fighting.

Unless they have a substantial sum of money to cover the start up costs of a new fans owned club, then they are likely to be insolvent from day one. They biggest expense would be the players expenses, unless that should decide not to pay their players. Indeed, perhaps their players should be asked to pay subs for the privilage of playing for NVFC but I think not in the Evostick league. The only way I can see them keeping their club afloat would be accept voluntary relegation to the Cheshire league. Even then they would still have to budget for other expenses such as ground rent (wherever that might be) , match officials etc, but I cannot see them being able to get enough income to cover even these expenses without having much support.

I think it's all academic for so many reasons but surely, even if fan owned, there is nothing to stop them taking over an existing club so no start up costs or anything else needed.
Beyond that slight technicality the end is obvious UNLESS someone else with money, legitimate or not, thinks 'club at NPL level, possibility of upward progress, long history - it's worth a go'.
Rushe came out of nowhere in the 3 weeks preceeding that meeting (I was the first one he contacted and I remember it well) so who knows?

I think it's all academic for so many reasons but surely, even if fan owned, there is nothing to stop them taking over an existing club so no start up costs or anything else needed.
Perhaps a realistic business plan?
True enough nothing to stop a fan owned club being created, but as to Rushe Snr and Jnr agreeing to wipe out their portion of debt, I think HMRC for one would be keen to take a closer look at the finer detail of that agreement? I assume any agreement is formally in writing; verbal arrangements, (whoever the two parties are) invariably have the risk of being misconstrued by one side or the other.

A quartet... on a good day?

...though we should also be mindful of our own attendances. To be honest, I'm not sure that these personal slanging matches do much to help either side. A lot of people stay away and will never be back - to either club - because of the constant fighting.

I think the biggest problem we have always had is promoting ourselves as fan owned.
Imagine the confusion if JRFC does pass into fan ownership. Two fan owned Northwich named non league clubs, playing in green with a similar badge.
I think it's well worth continuing the fight to separate both and at least show some rivalry to at least get people talking rather than wondering.

We need to keep the green and I like the current design of our home kit but maybe swap the white bits to black, a badge change would be the best and most obvious change to make imo

We need to keep the green and I like the current design of our home kit but maybe swap the white bits to black, a badge change would be the best and most obvious change to make imo

Unfortunately tinkering around and just changing the trim to a different colour isn't enough here (in my opinion). As a bare minimum we need a design which is totally new; nothing which nibbles around the suggestion of a Vics kit of a previous era, which is difficult given we want to stay loyal to SK (and rightly so)? Ideally - and this isn't I accept necessarily going to be popular with some members/posters - a different colour to green. "Heresy" some will say, but we have to cut those ties with the past and this has to be the best way.

White kit (sorry kit man) with green badge on shirt and shirts could be a compromise?

I agree with Tony, the costs of running a club would be bigger than they think. I really can't see how they could make it work at Wincham Park in the Evostik, even with reduced rent.

White kit ????!!! You got be joking my back still hasn't recovered from last one we had and that didn't last even with extra washing.:redcard

Sorry I strongly disagree with a possible change of colours and any further loss of our great tradition.
We the fans are the true heart and soul of Northwich
Rush took away our ground, but nobody can take away the passion that we have all shown over many years for the green & white.
Let's be proud of what we all once shared and face the future together, taking the best from the past and make the next chapter, as exciting for the next generation of Northwich Greens.
We are Northwich, Green & White is in our blood and I am so very proud of it
COYG

White kit ????!!! You got be joking my back still hasn't recovered from last one we had and that didn't last even with extra washing.:redcard

I agree, should go back to full white kit, shirt, shorts and socks.

Then again maybe not as one particular fans chant "come on you white boys" was usually misunderstood, do you agree Tony F? :rolleyes::D

Any changes need to be minor Imo and we need to keep the green because its who we are and any change from this would probably lead to a loss of fans rather than gaining them.

Any changes need to be minor Imo and we need to keep the green because its who we are and any change from this would probably lead to a loss of fans rather than gaining them.

It also associates us with Vics in their present incarnation. While keeping the colours might not lose us us any fans necessarily, it is going to be very difficult to encourage new ones because the townsfolk of Northwich can't differentiate between the two.

Let's be proud of what we all once shared and face the future together, taking the best from the past and make the next chapter, as exciting for the next generation of Northwich Greens.
We are Northwich, Green & White is in our blood and I am so very proud of it
COYG

Just a reminder that our fans voted in a democratic manner for the club colours to be green, black and white and not just green and white. ;)

Last edited:
Think your missing the point Nicki
Green & White, Green, Black & White - no difference only splitting hairs
I've been watching a Northwich team play in green for over 50 years and don't EVER want to see this tradition end.
We chose the team colours and the club name, to reflect our past history, it's what bonds us all together.
Can't believe anyone would want to even consider a change of colours - it's our DNA

It's not splitting hairs!! It's what we voted for! Just as much as you don't want us to lose the green element, I don't want us to lose the black element.

Just green and white would not quite be commercial suicide but would be at least commercial self-harm! (More so than we've already inflicted.) But then I don't think moving to green and white is something the board particularly has on their agenda any time soon... or ever anyway. They're a bit too smart for that.

To elaborate, I'd keep the green element because that too is now part of 1874's short but sweet history! I didn't vote for it as first choice though. Story of my life being on the side of the losing vote!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back