• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
That JG response was to a query I put to them.

They have also said that they pay the money donated (minus their commission) into whatever account is nominated by the person setting up the plea for donations, so this money will not be paid into the official club account (and thus go to the Administrator*) and will also not be paid direct to the creditors (JG has no knowledge of there being creditors needing to be paid off because there is nothing about that mentioned). It is therefore probably going into an individual's bank account.
I have seen it referred to somewhere as "legalised money-laundering". Which is possibly a bit exaggerated, but you can see where the dangers of that can occur.
I doubt very much whether they will check where the money goes once it is paid out - they will be relying on members of the public to keep an eye on whether their donations have been used for the purpose described. There have been a couple of recent criminal cases involving misuse of JG to raise funds fraudulently, but I don't think these were alerted by JG but by donors or potential donors.

*Any money going to the Administrator would not be paid out until a formal deal was concluded with the creditors, and then the Adminstrator takes his fee and shares the rest out to the creditors. He cannot choose to use a sudden influx of money to pay off certain people in advance of a proper deal.

JR, his football club and its apologists have never been to worried about ethics, morality, or the rule of law in the past why should this be any different?

Waiting for the footballing authorities to do something about this abuse is like waiting for the second coming.

"Failing to spend the funds as described constitutes a breach of our Terms of Service and is a potential criminal matter."

They need to spend every single penny of that money on the Project as described on the JG page, that's repaying creditors stated below.

20170614_190858.png
The only person that can repay creditors whilst the company is in Administration is the Administrator.

My interpretation is, if the Administrator takes a slice of that money, it becomes a criminal matter.

The sticking point to this is the section that says
'creditors paid in full by Wednesday the 14th of June 5:30 p.m.'
If creditors were paid in full before this deadline, NVFC would have done so by using a third party loan, thus rendering the JustGiving funds as null and void as they can no longer be spent on the JG Project, it can not go to a third party or it becomes a criminal matter.

Last edited:
Sorry only had time for a skim of this, isn't the Just Giving page set up in an individual's name? Not the club or the supporter' club?? Surely this is highly dubious?

Don't worry the NWCFL will sort this out. Oh hang on a moment this is the NWCFL that allowed Northwich Villa into their league...

Sorry only had time for a skim of this, isn't the Just Giving page set up in an individual's name? Not the club or the supporter' club?? Surely this is highly dubious?

Under JG's T&C any individual can set up a page for any cause they like with the money being channelled into an account of the page owner's choice. The fact that it is highly dubious is due to the lax nature of those T&C I fear.

Under JG's T&C any individual can set up a page for any cause they like with the money being channelled into an account of the page owner's choice. The fact that it is highly dubious is due to the lax nature of those T&C I fear.
Exactly, how on earth can JG verify how the money has been spent?

Alan/Tony would the club have to prove how that money is being used to pay creditors? Would the FA simply accept a Just Giving total? Surely there has to be a process whereby they have to prove where that money has gone? This could be more smoke and mirrors from the club.

I may be being stupid here (it has been known!) but they are in administration, being run an administrator. HOW can they raise £11,000 at a select get together and then another £5,000 on a just giving page and that money not then immediately go to the administrator to help with the CVA (IF one is agreed with the creditors) to enable them to carry on?? It is a mystery to be AND a slap in the face for all honestly run clubs everywhere!

Only thing we can tell you for sure is that they conned people with the wording into thinking they were donating to stop a club folding when in fact they were just helping towards them not getting relegated.....same old shit, just another chairman!!

Alan/Tony would the club have to prove how that money is being used to pay creditors? Would the FA simply accept a Just Giving total? Surely there has to be a process whereby they have to prove where that money has gone? This could be more smoke and mirrors from the club.
No Kit, the FA wont care as long as creditors are paid in full. The only issue the FA might be concerned with is the nature in which they deceitfully raised the funds directly involving and pointing finger at FA

I may be being stupid here (it has been known!) but they are in administration, being run an administrator. HOW can they raise £11,000 at a select get together and then another £5,000 on a just giving page and that money not then immediately go to the administrator to help with the CVA (IF one is agreed with the creditors) to enable them to carry on?? It is a mystery to be AND a slap in the face for all honestly run clubs everywhere!

WELCOME TO THE BEBATE, HAVE YOU READ THE PREVIOUS 86 PAGES?

You clearly live in an alternate universe where everything is transparent and above board, published for all fans and other interested parties to scrutinize, voted on at well-publicised meetings, accounted for in the recognised manner, regulated by external authorities and all tax and other liabilities settled in full and on time.

I don't know any football club that does that. Do you? ;)

In more direct answer to your point/questions ...
- prove it to whom? if to JG, then technically yes but practically no, as JG do not have the resources to check every JG fundraising effort and rely on the public to be the watchdog.
- "Dear F.A. Here's an I.O.U. Love JRFC." sadly, probably yes.
- again, prove to whom? If the creditors stop whingeing that they haven't been paid (how dare they?) then presumably it will be because they have been paid. And I suspect they won't care if the money comes from a JRFC account or somebody's back pocket in a paper bag.

An important point here is that £5000 in the grand scheme of things is not a large amount of money. If the club had any credibility the people of Northwich would have rallied round. I don't know why people giving donations haven't thought this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back