• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ian resigns

lol...c.j. is on so he can go back to the wi**on site whats going on??....saddo!!

Ian Street will always be remembered as the first ever manager of 1874 Northwich F.C and nobody can take that accolade from from him. Nobody can fault Ian for his hard work and passion for the club and all of us should be forever grateful to Ian for his time and dedication in helping to lay down the foundations of our club. It is sad that Ian has resigned but, in the circumstances,perhaps that is best for him and indeed it is perhaps for the good of the club. Now is the time for all us to pull together and to move forward as a club. Hopefully, the Board will appoint the right person to be the manager next season and take us to the next level. In the meantime, lets all now give Paul, Wayne and the team our support.

Well Tony that is very sad to hear. You are regarded by many (myself included) as the father of the club.
If I could please offer a suggestion? Just have a wait of a few days and (as I have done) maybe a complete break from the forum for a week or so.
This club, THAT YOU FOUNDED by the way, has its faults, but it's pros far outweigh it's cons.
We are the future, no matter how hard the few at the old club try to feed the zombie.
This is and will remain a club of which you can be justifiably proud.

Tony , please don't give up on our wonderful club, without you and others like you I would of never come to my first non league game. It's a shame when things are said by a few to effect so many. We are 74 don't ever forget that. Look forward to even greater things to come.

Spot on Chubbs, without Tony having the balls to stand up and set the wheels in motion there wouldn't be the 74 that we know and love. Maybe we don't all agree on the same course of action and we have differences of opinions, but ultimately we all want the same thing.
What would we be doing now, shopping with the wife on a Saturday afternoon? I for one had given up on Vics after the last game at the V.S.
Tony in the words of one of those awful early 90's number ones .... PLEASE DON'T GO :)

Street has done a great job for the club over nearly four seasons and I will always be thankful for what he has achieved. I wish him the best of luck for the future. However, I think that now is the right time for a change and for a new manager to take this fantastic club of ours forward. We all have our opinions on whether it was right for Street to go but ultimately we are all 74' fans who want the best for this club, so I hope we can all unite as one to continue to make the club the success it has been to date. As others have said, players and managers come and go, but the club remains and that is the most important thing of all.

I also would like to thank Ian for everything he has done since our club started and wish him well for the future.
Hopefully we can get the right man in place sooner rather than later as there is still a few games left for him to look at what we have and need.
Oh well on to Thursday for the mcc and then lets get loads to Barnton and hope for a league win.

Tony,
I think that all fans were a little "uptight" on recent results and to some extent can understand the "anti" that went on, but !!, it takes more than a few "nonsensical" incidents to upset ex "Squadies", you with 22 years with the "Colours" have had more "s**t" thrown at you in Iraq/Afgan" etc, me in Korea, so have a rethink.

It was you who was DIRECTLY responsible for the club we now have so "get the toecaps" shone and see you soonest now that you are much nearer St Lukes/Barton Stadium that I am !!.

We need to stop bickering managers come and go,Its the fans who are permenant,We need to get the fans back to games who stopped coming,
Im one of the fans who doesnt bother going to games very often ,I stated my reasons after the colls nightmare in the autumn. but never fell out or argued with others who had a different opinion to me.
Dont have a clue what happened saturday as i wasnt there, We cant change the past so i dont see ant point arguing over it.
we got a league to win next season:scarf:

"Its the fans who are permenant,We need to get the fans back to games who stopped coming"
Despite what you may read elsewhere (it is amazing how misinformation gets absorbed so quickly) there is a difference in average gate of 18 between this season and last season. Not exactly an exodus.

Back