• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ian resigns

I think it had slowly become inevitable for various reasons. We should not let recent performances cloud the overall achievements of the man who has guided the team from zero to a position of some respectability and strength within local non-league circles. For that we should be ever thankful.

Sad to see Mr Street go. Thank you for all the hard work over the years.

I'd go and get Duckie now asap. I've watched his Winsford side a few times midweek and he's done an incredible job. Knows the club inside and out. Would certainly be a popular choice in my opinion

It's a shame it had to end this way.

As Alan and Tony both say, he gave his absolute all and deserves a huge amount of respect for what he achieved with us.

Without doubt to me he's a 74 legend and has been a key part to the success in getting the club going in the right direction.

Good luck Ian.

The question now is who do we bring in for next season who ever it is he's got one heck of a job on his hands if everything doesn't go our way!

It will be interesting to see the players reaction against Witton.

Could very much go 2 ways - we'll either be sensational or we'll get destroyed.

Ian has done a fantastic job for the club but hopefully now the time is right for a change.
We will always have happy memories of how the club has progressed under him and what he helped us achieve.
Good luck in whatever he does next.
Now for that new chapter..........

Let's hope this new chapter can match up or better Streety 64 per cent win percentage

He will be remembered as the first manager, remembered for the first Trophy and more importantly the first victory over Witton Albion.

Good luck also to Paul and Wayne for the rest of the season (maybe beyond if all goes well?)

But it's now time to regroup, refresh and look forward to the coming months. It is an opportunity for almost a fresh start - and make 2017/18 season one to remember for a very long time.

Good luck in the future Ian, wherever it may take you in the footballing world.

Created many memories at 1874. 3-0.

Hope the little gang who were on his back all the time are now happy?

Comments like that will go a long way to achieving nothing.

There's two ways of dealing with this:

1. Pull together, prepare for the new season on and off the field to make it our best yet.

2. Or make silly comments in an attempt to cause divisions.

Back