• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ian resigns

Well I have no idea who any of you are so why dont you post your full identity on here in public like you have done with me and I will also know to whom I am talking to on Thursday.

I cant help but note that those who wanted Ian out including those involved in those disgraceful scenes yesterday now having got what they wanted are now calling for us all to pull together and put it behind us for the good of the Club.

It will take some time for that to happen.

Sorry Tony but that's BS. You won't find any post from me calling for Ian's head because I didn't. I also was on the pitch replacing divots when all that kicked off after the whistle yesterday.

What's done is done, move on everyone please.

You know what, im ****ing sick of seeing our fans argue amongst each other on this forum, its shite to see and makes me so angry.

Ian has done brilliantly, but this last season its been coming if im honest, performances weren't as good, something just wasn't working out. Im sure he felt as annoyed as we did!

Now please, lets pull together, stop the bickering and pay our respects to Ian (who deserves it btw)

And who ever the board appoint, lets get behind them. But more importantly (for now) Good luck to Paul Bowyer and Wayne Goodison who are in charge for the rest of the season.

See you all on Thursday!

Last edited:
You know what, im ****ing sick of seeing our fans argue amongst each other on this forum, its shite to see and makes me so angry.

Ian has done brilliantly, but this last season its been coming if im honest, performances weren't as good, something just wasn't working out.

Now please, lets pull together, stop the bickering and pay our respects to Ian (who deserves it btw)

And who ever the board appoint, lets get behind them. But more importantly (for now) Good luck to Paul Bowyer and Wayne Goodison who are in charge for the rest of the season.

See you all on Thursday!

As always Jack, a fantastic post.

What's done is done, we can't change the past. We can, however, carve the future for the good of the team. Squabbling with each other and throwing our toys out of the pram and pointing the finger is not going to help anyone. We are supposed to be thinking as one. We all want what's best for the team and That should be the driving force. We all have our own opinions. Please remember why this great team was started in the first place.
P.s. My forum name is my childhood nickname But my actual full name is a bit of a mouthful
Come on guys we are '74!

Ok guys. It's happened.
Cheers Ian for all your hard work over the past four years. Best of luck to you in life and career in the future. Good luck for the rest of the season to Paul & Wayne.
We do now need to look forward. Maybe have a look at ourselves as a fanbase and what we all want collectively as a club.
No knee jerk reactions and get behind the club especially against the new/old enemy on Thursday.
UT74

Some people won't be happy til 1874 is dead and buried or amalgamated with JRFC.

Some fans got what they wanted and are now calling for unity.. Never seem anything so two faced in my life.

I'm washing my hands of the whole sorry mess.

What's done is done, we can't change the past. We can, however, carve the future for the good of the team. Squabbling with each other and throwing our toys out of the pram and pointing the finger is not going to help anyone. We are supposed to be thinking as one. We all want what's best for the team and That should be the driving force. We all have our own opinions. Please remember why this great team was started in the first place.
P.s. My forum name is my childhood nickname But my actual full name is a bit of a mouthful
Come on guys we are '74!
Great post.

Some people won't be happy til 1874 is dead and buried or amalgamated with JRFC.

Some fans got what they wanted and are now calling for unity.. Never seem anything so two faced in my life.

I thought it was time for Ian to go, but do I want to see 1874 dead? God no. Amalgamated with Crooked FC? Even less so!!

And people from both "sides" are calling for unity, because without it, we wont get very far.

I'd only ever suggested that it might be best for a change in management, i'd I stand by these comments 100%. Nothing two faced at all about it.

I thought it was time for Ian to go, but do I want to see 1874 dead? God no. Amalgamated with Crooked FC? Even less so!!

And people from both "sides" are calling for unity, because without it, we wont get very far.

I'd only ever suggested that it might be best for a change in management, i'd I stand by these comments 100%. Nothing two faced at all about it.

Don't worry, I suspect that was aimed at me - we've been here before.

You have unity, I'm not arsed.
When it gets to the point where fans/members/co-owners don't have to vote to force change, its time to give up.

Seems some have lost sight of the aims and principles of why 1874 was originally set up. Good luck but this is not what I signed up for.

You have unity, I'm not arsed.
When it gets to the point where fans/members/co-owners don't have to vote to force change, its time to give up.

Good luck, this is not what I signed up for.

Tony,

I'd urge you to think about this in a few days as I think for everyone things are a bit raw at the moment a for people on both sides of the argument.

You'd be a big loss for 74, please - don't make any knee jerk reactions.

Joke will be on them come 10pm Thursday when they're beaten by the dog and duck again

Tony, are you saying you're done with 1874 or just this saga in general?

Back